BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 6

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty decent window for Rovers. If i was scoring it out of 10 I would probably give it a 7/10, keeping in mind excluding Jones these players have potential but are currently unproven.

The side has been crying out for a battling midfielder since Savage's departure and they have brought Jones in to try and do a similar job. We also have needed a playmaker and hopefully Formica can do that. Rochina is young and clearly has some potential and with a bit of hard work we could hopefully turn him into a real asset for us.

Another major plus point was we didn't have to sell any players to fund this, I have no doubts in my mind if we were still under the ownership of the trust we would have had to sell to bring anyone in.

Some question marks over some of the new contracts offered to existing players, but that doesn't really detract from what has been a solid window from a Rovers perspective.

Blackpool may regret not selling Adam for 7m+.....

he's a good player but he won't sign a new contract and won't get as much for him in the summer!

Well, I think youre missing the point here. Holloway means that Adam is key for them staying up, and I agree with him. By keeping Adam, they might do that, and they will get their finance sorted out anyway. The most important for Ollie and the club is to stay up, not necessarily keeping Adam, but they must in order to achieve that. So he will get sold in the summer, maybe for 4-5 million quid maximum. Good move by Blackpool. It would deilight me if they are here next season :tu:

Maybe Liverpool will loose interest and we can enter the frame :rover:

Blackpool may regret not selling Adam for 7m+.....

he's a good player but he won't sign a new contract and won't get as much for him in the summer!

The only way they regret it is if they get relegated.

Looks like a good transfer window for us - 2 young exciting kids and 2 quality 1st teamers!

We did well, looking at some of the money being spent today.

Favorite quote of the day has to be Robbie Savage claiming he must be worth at least £7m. :)

• Backroom

Sky Sports are awful, camped outside Spurs ground constantly and just reported we have signed 25 year old Formica (isn't he 22) and midfielder Ruben Rochina (isn't he a striker)

This might sound daft, but how good are the two new lads?

fair Q.

does anybody know anything about them? i note that formica hasn't played for argentina since U-17... Does anyone know just how highly rated is he over there?

not being negative like, cos it is proper exciting :brfc:

• Backroom
thegreatmorass on Twitter: "Lots of Portsmouth fans upset at the lack of transfer activity. We need at least one decent signing before 11pm!"

ffs, they're lucky to still have a team to support at all, let alone one making any moves in the transfer market.

This might sound daft, but how good are the two new lads?

fair Q.

does anybody know anything about them? i note that formica hasn't played for argentina since U-17... Does anyone know just how highly rated is he over there?

not being negative like, cos it is proper exciting :brfc:

appaulingly poor behaviour from bpool re adam. shambles of a club

Really? He's under contract to them so they can refuse any bid that they wish. Why shouldnt they force Liverpool to pay their asking rate. If Liverpool are willing to pay £35 mill for Carroll then why shouldnt they also milk them for every penny.

I am fully behind Blackpool and Oyston.. don't know whether this has roots in the contract breach thing, if it has I can see why Charlie adam is upset.. but in fairness, he is their player, and they will not necessarily stay up without him. That's a major loss, and in any case I think Charlie will be in demand in the summer too. THEN they can sell him.

Delighted with Formica and Rochina, plus getting my man El Hadji off the wage bill the next months. Larsson would be a bonus, but that ship seems to have sailed by now.... Great window, well done Kean and Venkys.

RE Adams, he is a Blackpool player. They signed him when no one else did, gave him a chance and premier league football to showcase his talents. They want to be compensated what they believe to be a "fair price", what have they done wrong? I suppose if Arsenal offer us £5 million for Samba we should gladly accept?

Archived