BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 6

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vela's agent wanted a bung for doing nothing.

I realise you will sympathise with that request as a workshy twit.

But it cost him his move.

Sturridge is a better player...who was not available until Friday.

Things happen fast in the big time.

You do remember the big time, don't you?

I nearly choked on my drink! :lol::tu:

(on reading the original post that is! ;) )

Can I just take this point to thank Wen for his transfer digest? Although I haven`t used it myself,I can appreciate that others prefer to read just the facts.

Well done Wen!

"

Ipswich boss Paul Jewell is ready to sign Swindon’s prolific striker Charlie Austin in a £1.2million deal today to complete his ‘marquee capture’ as new manager.

Jewell is beating Eddie Howe’s Burnley and League One giants Southampton in the chase for the forward, who wants to leave the Robins.

Austin was fancied by Howe but prefers to stay in the south. Jewell has also put together a better package to attract him.

The transfer is expected to be completed today."

Your words, not mine :-)

Hey, dont let it get you down

"hands off Vela, he's Coyleys :)

Nobody cares dingle :tu:

Guest linganzi

Didn't think you could manage it. All conjecture.

Blackpool set a valuation, Liverpool didn't meet it. If Liverpool are willing to pay nearly £40m for 'talent' such as Carroll, how on earth can you blame Blackpool for holding out for whatever prove they want? I'd be proud if Rovers did the same, why should they be bullied into selling?

Blackpool's valuation was less than what relegation would cost them. You're vendetta is showing you up, as nothing you say has any substance, and you'd be hard pushed to find anyone who agrees with yoiu.

Unlike you I'm not looking for agreement or acceptance via internet parlance,

I will simply say that Blackpool got offered a profit of 8.5 million., very fair. The Carroll comparison is a reasonable one to make at first but then you consider all the nuances and anomalies of football so we can agree that such things would be never ending, so we can disregard it .

Blackpool now have a player that would rather be elsewhere, there is no vendetta, let's just see how this looks in 18 months if not by may

I love Venkys! It is fantastic to have owners that are actually prepared to invest in the club again. Most enjoyable transfer window in years and I am filled with hope for the future!

It does seem that the "machine" (manager/owners/advisers) has been disciplined, focused and successful. Sounds very corporate but that is how successful businesses are run. Maybe they did not want any spanners in the works which is why Sam did not fit the groove. Very happy that we are investing in youngsters and taking a calculated risk with Roque. It feels very forward thinking.

God is in the details though, and we need the points in the bag to give us a springboard for next season.

My only concern is why four mangagers (inc Trapatoni) saw something in Keith that may not be immediately obvious to some of us.

You mean the people that said the £5m figure was right and were told "no, that's the minimum", we've spent £4m.

Happy with the business we've done because I knew we weren't going to spend big, some people on here were betting bets on at William Hill (cough Hughesey) that we'd spend over £5m on one player!!

What we've spent matches what I think Venky's are worth and have so we got as I expected.

I'd love it though if you'd go back at look at the type of shopping lists people were drawing up in November. Adam, Krankjar, Bentley ect most people were predicting tens of million being spent.

But a lot of shifting of goal posts has happened over the past 30 days. I know for a fact if I'd have said there was going to be two loans brought in and two signing from inferior leagues there would have been disapointment. It's only because in the last few days we'd all given up hope that the announcements today seem more exciting than they actually are.

I wish both the new lads luck at Rovers and hope that they are as good as the Youtube clips and Pro Evo stats suggest. To pretend they are in a position with nothing to prove though is ridiculous.

I did think you were doing it on purpose but I now think that you genuinely are as miserable and negative as your posts suggest!!I genuinely hope that Im never stuck next to you at Ewood or anywhere else?!

You mean the people that said the £5m figure was right and were told "no, that's the minimum", we've spent £4

i for one am happy with this months transfer window.im feeling quite hopefull for the rest of the season.coyb

Happy with the business we've done because I knew we weren't going to spend big, some people on here were betting bets on at William Hill (cough Hughesey) that we'd spend over £5m on one player!!

What we've spent matches what I think Venky's are worth and have so we got as I expected.

I'd love it though if you'd go back at look at the type of shopping lists people were drawing up in November. Adam, Krankjar, Bentley ect most people were predicting tens of million being spent.

But a lot of shifting of goal posts has happened over the past 30 days. I know for a fact if I'd have said there was going to be two loans brought in and two signing from inferior leagues there would have been disapointment. It's only because in the last few days we'd all given up hope that the announcements today seem more exciting than they actually are.

I wish both the new lads luck at Rovers and hope that they are as good as the Youtube clips and Pro Evo stats suggest. To pretend they are in a position with nothing to prove though is ridiculous.

nzogbia to newcaslte haha nice move

2227: Shortest-lived transfer rumour of the day? Wigan chairman Dave Whelan has admitted he has turned down a bid from Newcastle - said to be around £10m - for winger Charles N'Zogbia and will resist any further bids for the Frenchman.

Even better move

Nicko, was Puncheon the player you were talking about when you mentioned Newcastle were after a lower league player or was it someone else?

Puncheon was on his way to Newcastle, told to keep it quiet and sign on loan.

His agent - in his wisdom - toled Blackpool who are taking him and I believe it is a full-time move.

If there is a fight for Puncheon then there is some desperation out there.

The N'Zogbia thing is right. Big bid in from Newcastle. Rejected.

How bad do Newcastle look?

You mean the people that said the £5m figure was right and were told "no, that's the minimum", we've spent £4m.

Sums up my feelings really. Better than most previous windows but of the four players signed how many are going to make an immediate impact ? Santa's already injured and I'd be surprised if either of the two other guys will be thrown in at the deep end in the next game or three. That leaves Jones who seems to be up and running. I would have liked to seen more of the dead wood blown out as well but that's not so easy to achieve. Shame City didn't come in with a last minute bid for Pedersen , still there's time yet

It does seem that the "machine" (manager/owners/advisers) has been disciplined, focused and successful. Sounds very corporate but that is how successful businesses are run. Maybe they did not want any spanners in the works which is why Sam did not fit the groove. Very happy that we are investing in youngsters and taking a calculated risk with Roque. It feels very forward thinking.

God is in the details though, and we need the points in the bag to give us a springboard for next season.

My only concern is why four mangagers (inc Trapatoni) saw something in Keith that may not be immediately obvious to some of us.

They wanted someone who wouldn't kick up a stink at only having £5m to spend and Kean was that man. A few fake stories about Ronaldinho and Requelme thrown in to win the fans over and it seems to have worked.

Let's just hope that Kean is the next Arsene Wenger and can take all this supposedly promising talent and turn them into genuine world beaters eh? No pressure Keano

Can't argue with your analysis of people views of what Venky's might bring financial wise but didn't l read somewhere this was about finishing top half then building from there. Surely with the ins and out's no one can argue with where we are and the transfers we've made that top half this season isn't looking good. Look at the amounts being paid this window - anyone with a bit of financial nounce would tell you that if you buy a player now you can expect to pay at least 3 times more than you would in the summer.

Didn't think you could manage it. All conjecture.

Blackpool set a valuation, Liverpool didn't meet it. If Liverpool are willing to pay nearly £40m for 'talent' such as Carroll, how on earth can you blame Blackpool for holding out for whatever prove they want? I'd be proud if Rovers did the same, why should they be bullied into selling?

Blackpool's valuation was less than what relegation would cost them. You're vendetta is showing you up, as nothing you say has any substance, and you'd be hard pushed to find anyone who agrees with you.

+1

Some Rovers fans have short memories. People talk about Adam's ambition, but what about Blackpool's? Good on them. Everyone wins anyway. They stay up, Adam becomes cheaper and has more choices and still commands a big salary. 6months to wait and everyones a winner.

2235: PREMIER LEAGUE DEADLINE DEALS SO FAR

So, as the clock ticks down to that 11pm deadline, lets have a summary of today's Premier League transfers shall we?

In: Aston Villa (Bradley), Birmingham (Martins), Blackburn (Formica, Rochina), Blackpool (Beattie, Reid), Bolton (Sturridge), Everton (Vellios), Liverpool (Suarez, Thomas), Newcastle (Ireland), West Ham (McCallum), Wolves (Basso)

Out: Aston Villa (Ireland, Osbourne), Chelsea (Mellis, Nouble, Sturridge), Fulham (Marsh-Brown), Liverpool (Konchesky), Man City (Gonzalez, Tuttle), Man Utd (Stewart), Stoke (Moult, Tuncay), Sunderland (Da Silva, Reid), Tottenham (Dos Santos), West Brom (Downing), Wigan (Nicholls), Wolves (Davis, Keogh)

Still not sure why I am awake at 05:45 as Rovers have done their deals.

Can someone let us know what Jason Robert says?

Nicko, was Puncheon the player you were talking about when you mentioned Newcastle were after a lower league player or was it someone else?

Didn't say anything we don't already know. Seemed extremely excited about the youngsters at the club, along with the 2 new additions today. Talked about Kean's winning mentality, desire to give the youngsters a chance to shine and is looking forward to a very positive future at Ewood Park. He also mentioned he has been listening about Diouf's likely move to Rangers, and is not surprised as EHD just wants to play games not sit on the bench... Apart from that, no new info...

Unlike you I'm not looking for agreement or acceptance via internet parlance,

I will simply say that Blackpool got offered a profit of 8.5 million., very fair. The Carroll comparison is a reasonable one to make at first but then you consider all the nuances and anomalies of football so we can agree that such things would be never ending, so we can disregard it .

Blackpool now have a player that would rather be elsewhere, there is no vendetta, let's just see how this looks in 18 months if not by may

£8.5m profit? Absolute peanuts compared to what they'd lose if they went down. Adam is a top bloke, and his performance wont drop, he and Holloway are very, very close.

FFS Get a grip!! The Holding midfielder we've been crying out for, JJ, Santa Cruz, A Spanish U19 international and an Argentine Attacking Midfielder???

Beats the S*** out of Benjani on a last minute

Sometimes I wonder why some people bother,how many clubs would swap with us FFS!!

Archived