BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 6

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2235: PREMIER LEAGUE DEADLINE DEALS SO FAR

So, as the clock ticks down to that 11pm deadline, lets have a summary of today's Premier League transfers shall we?

In: Aston Villa (Bradley), Birmingham (Martins), Blackburn (Formica, Rochina), Blackpool (Beattie, Reid), Bolton (Sturridge), Everton (Vellios), Liverpool (Suarez, Thomas), Newcastle (Ireland), West Ham (McCallum), Wolves (Basso)

Out: Aston Villa (Ireland, Osbourne), Chelsea (Mellis, Nouble, Sturridge), Fulham (Marsh-Brown), Liverpool (Konchesky), Man City (Gonzalez, Tuttle), Man Utd (Stewart), Stoke (Moult, Tuncay), Sunderland (Da Silva, Reid), Tottenham (Dos Santos), West Brom (Downing), Wigan (Nicholls), Wolves (Davis, Keogh)

Still not sure why I am awake at 05:45 as Rovers have done their deals.

Where's Dos Santos gone ?

Can't argue with your analysis of people views of what Venky's might bring financial wise but didn't l read somewhere this was about finishing top half then building from there. Surely with the ins and out's no one can argue with where we are and the transfers we've made that top half this season isn't looking good. Look at the amounts being paid this window - anyone with a bit of financial nounce would tell you that if you buy a player now you can expect to pay at least 3 times more than you would in the summer.

Good post but I think a top ten finish at the moment is 50/50. When we've looked good we'vve looked very good but when we've been bad...

We need some consistency, RSC is always an injury worry and not sure how much of a part the two new lads willplay this season. Add in the sheer unpredictablity of the PL this season and I wouldn't put money on it right now.

Looking forward to the next few games though.

Can someone let us know what Jason Robert says?

Exited about the new "kids" and how the new management wants to play football. Jenson trying to install sharp passing techniques in training. JR sounds genuinely excited about the new regime but he's on the verge of a new contract so l'd be v excited about getting that amount of cash for warming the bench. :rolleyes:

They wanted someone who wouldn't kick up a stink at only having £5m to spend and Kean was that man. A few fake stories about Ronaldinho and Requelme thrown in to win the fans over and it seems to have worked.

Let's just hope that Kean is the next Arsene Wenger and can take all this supposedly promising talent and turn them into genuine world beaters eh? No pressure Keano

This post in comparison to your previous post is radically different.

You aren't even a good troll.

If you aren't a troll then here is an apology for accusing somebody with schizophrenia as being a troll. You have my sympathy.

Puncheon was on his way to Newcastle, told to keep it quiet and sign on loan.

His agent - in his wisdom - toled Blackpool who are taking him and I believe it is a full-time move.

Official Saints site says it's on-loan but on a Saints forum they think it's a loan with an option to buy at a fixed price.

Whatever it is, Newcastle might have got £35m+ but whats the point in having money when you've got no players to do the business. They've got egg on their faces.

True blue- you know for definate then that Ronnie was a publicity stunt? BPF and Nicko confirm Venkys want a marque signing, but your contacts know more obviously.

Let's have this conversation in September where I expect we'll see a marque signing bought in with lots of money, from what I have read about the Raos exciting times are ahead of us.

As it stands 3 from Wolves, Wigan, West Brom and West Ham look good for relegation.

All the W's!

Wolves, Wigan and West Brom for me. Robbie Keane might not be the player he once was, but coupled with Piquionne or the new boy, Demba Ba (who enjoyed a good spell at Hoffenheim), I believe he might find the net enough times to secure them some crucial points.

Good post but I think a top ten finish at the moment is 50/50. When we've looked good we'vve looked very good but when we've been bad...

We need some consistency, RSC is always an injury worry and not sure how much of a part the two new lads willplay this season. Add in the sheer unpredictablity of the PL this season and I wouldn't put money on it right now.

Looking forward to the next few games though.

Fair play Blue - the way this window has gone and the amount of points separating top 7 from bottom 3 a half decent player can be the difference between 16th and 9th. I just hope in the 4 we've signed there's a "half decent player" in there :brfc:

FFS Get a grip!! The Holding midfielder we've been crying out for, JJ, Santa Cruz, A Spanish U19 international and an Argentine Attacking Midfielder???

Beats the S*** out of Benjani on a last minute

Sometimes I wonder why some people bother,how many clubs would swap with us FFS!!

Why are you shouting?

It's way to early to describe Jones as "the Holding midfielder we've been crying out for" and he'll be back off to Schalke 04 in June so if he does well he'll take a big whack out of the Summer's £5m budget.

Santa Cruz is already injured and like Jones will go back to City at the the end of the season.

"A Spanish U19 international" doesn't mean much, we signed the leading goal scorer from the U21 Euros and dutch international Maceo Rigters and what happened to him? Not saying Rochina won't be a hit but how can you take it as a given?

You also only seem to rate Formica on the basis that he's Argentian. How did Veron get on over here? Again I'm not second guessing Mauro's time here, I hope he's ace but like Rochina it won't be an easy ride for them, they'll have to work bloody hard!

Archived