SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 6

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No chance Torres will play.

Is he that mentally weak?

As for Newcastle. Personally I think Ashley has played a blinder - banking £35m for a drunken lout AND making him hand in a transfer request before allowing him to leave? Genius.

They won't go down either. They have too many points already.

Why are you shouting?

It's way to early to describe Jones as "the Holding midfielder we've been crying out for" and he'll be back off to Schalke 04 so if he does well he'll take a big whack out of the Summer's £5m budget.

Santa Cruz is already injured and like Jones will go back to City at the the end of the season.

"A Spanish U19 international" doesn't mean much, we signed the leading goal scorer from the U21 Euros and dutch international Maceo Rigters and what happened to him? Not saying Rochina won't be a hit but how can you take it as a given?

You also only seem to rate Formica on the basis that he's Argentian. How did Veron get on over here? Again I'm not second guessing Mauro's time here, I hope he's ace but like Rochina it won't be an easy ride for them, they'll have to work bloody hard!

I've followed SOuth American footy for a while and can tell you Formica is very highly rated doen there. He's seen as someone who'll be part of the new wave of Argentinian talent for the next World Cup. Monaco and Galatasaray both wanted him, both teams with relatively good records of buying talented youngsters (remember likes of Evra, Squillacci, Givet, Adebayor etc have all gone through Monaco's books).

Rochina is a good prospect and in Barca B games and training game footage looks very naturally gifted and good. However, he seems more of a 'classic' striker in the ilk of players like Torres etc, who do not necessarily fit into the Barca mould of strikers (as proven by them letting players like Henry, Ibrahimovic etc go).

Jermaine Jones is also highly rated and played for the German national side (albeit in friendlies). He is regarded as a very solid holding midfielder and was one of Schalke's spine players until his disagreement with the manager.

Santa Cruz is clearly very talented, but injury prone. However, I'm more than happy with this guy being here as in the West Brom game, it looked like Kalinic had already learnt loads about holding the ball up and feeding the runners from him (as evidenced with Hoilett's goal).

All in all, I'm very happy with this transfer window. And even more so for getting rid of Diouf!

Is he that mentally weak?

As for Newcastle. Personally I think Ashley has played a blinder - banking £35m for a drunken lout AND making him hand in a transfer request before allowing him to leave? Genius.

They won't go down either. They have too many points already.

The first thing Liverpool will have stipulated is that he can't play in that game...

Like when United signed Andy Cole and played Newcastle a couple of days later.

The first thing Liverpool will have stipulated is that he can't play in that game...

Like when United signed Andy Cole and played Newcastle a couple of days later.

Seriously? Screw that. If I'm paying WAY over the odds for a player I don't allow the selling team to include clauses like that.

Jim White pretending he's been on phone to harry redknapp who said they put a bid in. Can't say I'm convinced. And even if they did, good on Blackpool for staving everyone off.

They did something similar with Santa Cruz, saying City had come in with a late bid with around 20 mins to go in the window. Turned out to be complete rubbish

£8.5m profit? Absolute peanuts compared to what they'd lose if they went down. Adam is a top bloke, and his performance wont drop, he and Holloway are very, very close.

Best bit of business of the transfer window, Blackpool keeping Adam.

The owes then to stay until the summer and will get his move in the summer, well done Blackpool for keeping the wolves from the door.

Seriously? Screw that. If I'm paying WAY over the odds for a player I don't allow the selling team to include clauses like that.

We'll see, but I personally would be very surprised if he played. I think Chelsea have got a fair price, if Torres had been playing to his potential during the World Cup and the first half of the season, they'd be paying seventy odd million.

Forget the transfer window - Spuds work in a different time zone (allegedly)

SSN reporting it's "too late" for Adam to Spuds - Sky Sports going crazy cos Spuds are football personified in fact they are the center of the footballing universe, in fact North London is football Mecca and how someone like Adam with his God given gift of football shouldn't be allowed to go to WHL is some sort of blasphemy. Adam is the anti-christ. the devil, Chucky and every other bad thing to do with religion. Sh!te l hate Spurs with a passion and l dislike Holloway (yes l have issues probably S.A.D.) but to stick one up them fockers , Holloway, despite his rantings has gone up in my estimations.

Archived