BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 6

Any more news on Formica, Rochina or Vazquez?

Rochina looks like a very good prospect by watching him on YouTube. I think Larsson would be a good acquisition, especially if (as has been suggested) he'd be acquired to take on the right back role (though Salgado has looked decent there this season). Something like this would look very good based on possible signings/realistic targets/rumours:

----------------------Robinson----------------------

----------------------------------------------------

-Larsson-------Nelsen----------Samba---------Olsson-

----------------------J. Jones----------------------

-------Hoilett--------Formica--------Adam-----------

--------------Kalinic--------Santa Cruz-------------

With a very strong looking bench full of options and interchangeable players in cases of injuries etc like Givet, Salgado, N'Zonzi, Dunn, Pedersen, Vazquez, Benjani, Rochina etc.

The above would get me fairly excited about the future. Kalinic looked like he was already learning things from Santa Cruz in the West Brom game and looked much more promising than he has with Roberts, Benjani, lone striker etc.

if Brazilian legend Riquelme would have added anything to the squad.

Oh dear..... :blink:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the passport issue has been sorted then the deal will be done.

Some good work here by the club.

Couldn't agree more, seems a difficult one to put together, all credit to the club if it comes off.

Listening to the manager its seems we have an interest in Dorans, probably one for the summer I’d imagine, but I wish the manager would stop talking about other teams players.

Take a leaf out of Kennys book and refuse to discuss individual players Kean, shows a lack of respect for me.

Lost some serious respect, IMO. Meh, that's the way of the game, these days.

He's lost no respect in my eyes, most modern day footballers would have forced through a move and sulked until it happened, he was willing to negotiate and all credit to him when he signs the deal.

£3 million fee.

Thought these Indians were cowboys? :lol:

You're acting like we're on the verge of signing Ronaldinho for £10m or something :rolleyes:

And no I'm not after a Marquee signing, but someone I'd heard of before would be nice. I really hope Formica is as good as you guys are making him out to be eh because it seems to me the only reason people rate him is due to a few Youtube videos and the fact he's good on Pro Evo.

Lost some serious respect, IMO. Meh, that's the way of the game, these days.

I disagree with the way Samba went about it, but kind of think it's fine for him to get a rise. He's one of our key players and a solid player in a position where solid players cost LOTS (how much did Arsenal have to pay for Squilacci and Konscielny?). Remember that we bought this guy for £400k, and he's added WAY more value than that to our team.

N'Zonzi had a new contract with a pay rise after last season's good performance and nobody queried this, so I think Samba's pay rise is fair, but the way he went about it is wrong.

You're acting like we're on the verge of signing Ronaldinho for £10m or something :rolleyes:

And no I'm not after a Marquee signing, but someone I'd heard of before would be nice. I really hope Formica is as good as you guys are making him out to be eh because it seems to me the only reason people rate him is due to a few Youtube videos and the fact he's good on Pro Evo.

I think the point is, that we are spending some money on a permanent player, rather than a true focus on the amount, when so many have actually doubted the new owners would splash the cash on a permy rather than loan signings !

Couldn't agree more, seems a difficult one to put together, all credit to the club if it comes off.

Listening to the manager its seems we have an interest in Dorans, probably one for the summer I’d imagine, but I wish the manager would stop talking about other teams players.

Take a leaf out of Kennys book and refuse to discuss individual players Kean, shows a lack of respect for me.

The press conference I saw yesterday, the reporter asked if the rumours about Dorans are true, and Kean just said something like, he is a good player, but he has just signed a long term contract, so it's not going to happen. I don't see anything wrong with that, he was just quashing a rumour. Unless of course you are referring to a different interview.

Loans

Better loaned with a view to buy than buy and get lumbered with a donkey. At least if Roque and co. don't work out they can be sent back to the parent club. Too many clubs spend spend spend in the January transfer window then regret it. Keep any big spend for the new season when Kean will have more time to think and ponder any big money signings.

Loans

Better loaned with a view to buy than buy and get lumbered with a donkey. At least if Roque and co. don't work out they can be sent back to the parent club. Too many clubs spend spend spend in the January transfer window then regret it. Keep any big spend for the new season when Kean will have more time to think and ponder any big money signings.

No confirmation yet that Samba has signed the contract. Too many on here are assuming he has. It's typical of the meaningless hot air that emanates from Ewood post-takeover. Promises of marquee signing (none) and only the veterans Nelsen and Salgado actually putting pen to paper. The story of this window is a failure to walk the talk. Much better will be expected in the summer.

I'm confident we will now be signing Rochina this transfer window, instead of in the summer, in relation to Roques's injury!

Rochina is a defensive midfield player? I may be wrong, I think we are fine for strikers til the summer.

Archived