BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sky Atlantic HD

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't. Years at the security and copyright end of the IT industry, lobbying against anti (online) privacy laws such as RIPA and DEA mean I fully expect one day the likes of ACS:Law to turn their attention to TV torrentors and I don't expect my ISP will protect me.

Interesting to hear you all chatting about this. I work for Sky, although not in the part of business we are talking about here and have been hearing about this for over a year now. From what I understand it is the whole HBO back catalogue and exclusivity for a period of time (not sure on how long). There is a big push in the business on this, they are hoping its going to be very successful. There is also more money going into a lot of other Entertainment channels from what I understand. For instance Living is going to become SKY Living HD (in the same style as Atlantic) and is having more money spent on it.

Question about this. Sky are advertising it as 108, which is currently Sky 3, so I expect a channel shuffle on Monday or Tuesday. Is there any way to convince the EPG to see the Sky Atlantic schedule now, so I can start setting stuff to record?

Interesting to hear you all chatting about this. I work for Sky, although not in the part of business we are talking about here and have been hearing about this for over a year now. From what I understand it is the whole HBO back catalogue and exclusivity for a period of time (not sure on how long). There is a big push in the business on this, they are hoping its going to be very successful. There is also more money going into a lot of other Entertainment channels from what I understand. For instance Living is going to become SKY Living HD (in the same style as Atlantic) and is having more money spent on it.

Hi Moppy,

Quite interesting to hear. A friend of mine has Sky Player on his Xbox which he pays for. He noticed Bravo has disappeared, which can be useful for such escapes as Operation Repo which I do enjoy watching when I want to turn that switch off at the back of my head. I do believe Sky Atlantic will be available on the Sky Player, is it going to be included in the standard package for a period of time or will it cost?

Question about this. Sky are advertising it as 108, which is currently Sky 3, so I expect a channel shuffle on Monday or Tuesday. Is there any way to convince the EPG to see the Sky Atlantic schedule now, so I can start setting stuff to record?

Not that I know of, but there is a listing guide here:

Sky Atlantic

Hi Moppy,

Quite interesting to hear. A friend of mine has on his Xbox which he pays for. He noticed Bravo has disappeared, which can be useful for such escapes as Operation Repo which I do enjoy watching when I want to turn that switch off at the back of my head. I do believe Sky Atlantic will be available on the Sky Player, is it going to be included in the standard package for a period of time or will it cost?

Well it's going to be a standard channel on Sky, so I guess it will be on Sky Player as part of the standard package (tho won't be too long until they bump up the subscription another couple of quid!)

I think you can record them when they adverts come on - or at least set reminders for them.

Is there any chance Virgin will be offered Sky Atlantic at all? :blink:

The HD channel numbers and the standard ones have swapped places.

Sky sports 1HD is now 401 when it used to be 408 etc.

Suits me - I only got HD a few weeks ago and trying to get used to the new numbers was doing my brain in. :D

Taped Boardwalk Empire and Blue Bloods last night, but looks like I may just delete the series link on that last one if Rovermatt is right...

Suits me - I only got HD a few weeks ago and trying to get used to the new numbers was doing my brain in. :D

Taped Boardwalk Empire and Blue Bloods last night, but looks like I may just delete the series link on that last one if Rovermatt is right...

Don't let me stop you but frankly I thought that it was awful. It looks very smart (especially in HD) but in reality it's just a knock-off of Law and Order, CSI: New York and 24 (thanks to a bizarre plot development that comes completely out of the blue in the last 5 minutes). Tom Selleck's awesome moustache is the only thing of note.

• Backroom

Hi Moppy,

Quite interesting to hear. A friend of mine has Sky Player on his Xbox which he pays for. He noticed Bravo has disappeared, which can be useful for such escapes as Operation Repo which I do enjoy watching when I want to turn that switch off at the back of my head.

I'm pretty sure bravo no longer exists, a lot of it's programmes have found new homes, TNA for example will now be on challenge

Looking forward to boardwalk empire and hoping the wire is on from the start. I'd love to get into Madmen or entourage but only if they were on from the start.

I also noticed there's a Universal Hd now is this a new channel or a renamed one?

They said the Wire would be shown from the start which is good as i'd watch it again any time it was on simply the best thing i've ever seen. Thought Boardwalk Empire started promisingly, recorded but not seen Blue Bloods. Been so excited for weeks and weeks about this channel coming.

I'm pretty sure bravo no longer exists, a lot of it's programmes have found new homes, TNA for example will now be on challenge

Looking forward to boardwalk empire and hoping the wire is on from the start. I'd love to get into Madmen or entourage but only if they were on from the start.

I also noticed there's a Universal Hd now is this a new channel or a renamed one?

They have series 5 of Mad Men, so if they have bought the back catalogue they could show them as a refresher.

It is absolute class so I hope they do for your sake Tom!

I enjoyed Broadwalk Empire last night.

I'm going to watch the Wire (only seen 1,2,3 still got 4,5 to watch on DVD) and the Sopranos again (seen it all).

I have only seen mad men season 1. Loved that also.

What is the program about New Orleans called that they are advertising? Looked interesting

So much to watch, so little time!

Archived