BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mauro Formica Signs

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This guy can't get fit soon enough we need a different option to mix it up

I just hope the away fans don't work out he is allergic to kryptonite.

But seriously never seen him play he might take a long while to fit in.

I'd ease him in this season and then look for him to cement his place in the 1st team properly next season.

It takes a while for foreigners from a different culture to get used to life in the UK, on and off the pitch, so the less pressure on him the better.

It's good that there are several Spanish speaking people at the club, including the manager, so hopefully he won't feel like the odd one out like Carlos Villanueva said he was when stuck in a flat alone eating microwave meals :lol:

I'd ease him in this season and then look for him to cement his place in the 1st team properly next season.

It takes a while for foreigners from a different culture to get used to life in the UK, on and off the pitch, so the less pressure on him the better.

However, he was our major expenditure in the transfer window and it would be disappointing if he doesn't contribute this season.

• Backroom

It's hard for the new guys signing in January though as we have no cup games to give them some gametime, I would imagine there will be some behind closed doors games and reserve games they may feature in.

The manager supposedly speaks Portuguese not Spanish though. But point taken.

Él puede hablar español

However, he was our major expenditure in the transfer window and it would be disappointing if he doesn't contribute this season.

I think quality players will contribute no matter when they play but I don't think we will see the best of him until next season. I guess it depends how well he adapts really but I think we [the fans] shouldn't expect too much too soon.

i mentioned this Tooogs, and we do seem to make a habit of it. its such a risky move, when you consider how tight the league is.

Jones and Santa are meant to be the impact stars, the other two probably will not be ready for a long time, one is 19 and the other looks like he needs a bit of muscle.

inght be wrong but anyway the most frustrating thing is Santa awlays injured

If Formica doesn't contribute and Santa keeps getting injured it won't have been much of a transfer window at all. Jones also has an injury record!

@JasonRoberts30 is doing a Q&A on Twitter this afternoon. I asked him if we'd see much of Formica this season;-

hard to say! At the min he is training 3 times a day to get him ready! Don't think we would like to put to much pressure on him!

Also said he's got about a week with that mullet left to survive! He's answered a few more. Have a look;- http://twitter.com/JasonRoberts30

Surely the guy is fit enough to fill one of the 6 outfield bench positions, and cover when Dunny is exhausted for the last 20 mins? If not why go to the effort of buying him in January.

He's unlikely to get match fit when he isnt playing games.

Guest linganzi

He would have gone to Monaco otherwise.

He'll probably need to bulk up a little bit first, it's not just about match fitness.

Yes ok but I thought the transfer window was to help us push for Europe according to the owners

Archived