BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window - The Aftermath

Anderon's son has been a Rovers player for MONTHS - since before the takeover - and not one person around here mentioned it.

One of the first things the new regime did was to send him out on loan.

I wonder what the conspiracy theorists make of that one?

Hilarious.

Is that the Myles Anderson who first appeared as a sub in the pre-season game at Southport? I saw him at the friendly games at Rhyl and Barrow but then, like a couple of others who we were looking at, I am led to believe that he wasn't taken on. Certainly he didn't make much of an impression in those games - under Iain Brunskill. He hasn't figured in the Under-18's or Reserves since the season began so I assume he was not and is not a Rovers' player.

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You gone off point, we were talking about wages not reasons for moving. If you're going to credit the new owners for paying Santa's 90k wages (if you believe that of course) you can't do it without taking away Diouf's wages that will now be paid by Rangers. Ergo, we've effectively swapped one big earner for another and it's not as clear cut as saying RSC's loan shows the owners are happy to pay an 'extra' £90k as it isn't strictly 'extra'.

Roger that, but your post sounded like the owners moved Diouf on to help counteract the wages of someone else, when in fact he left because he misses his big cuddly teddyweddy. Also, I can not believe for a second that Spit is on that amount of money and IF he is then I can not accept for a second that Rangers are paying all of it.

I don't think that but thanks for putting words in my mouth. I'm not saying this window has been worse/the same as recent windows and I'm not here to stick up for the Trust and slag off Venky's, I'm just putting a realitic spin on some of the OTT postive spins people are putting on this.

You are welcome, that's why I am here. It sounded like it. You seem to. I see no spin, except people are happy for once with a transfer window. Whatever a tabloid journalist wants to say is, again - his opinion. I do not think that Mr. Nixon for one second has to toe a party line. (I am not putting words in you mouth here, just trying to see what justification you feel that Mr. Nixon has for any spin with his comments, concerns, stories, etc.)

And I'm still waiting for someone to refute the fact that when BPF said the £5m would include wages/fees most people went crazy and that in November they expected a bigger spend. See that is my point, the shifting of goal posts but no one quotes me on that or replies to it, they just come back acting as if I'm p'ssed off at Venky's and want them out or something.

As far as I can recall that is what he said, but I do not think that Mr. Frame is anyway associated with the absolute line that the owners wish to tread - so it doesn't matter. The only people shifting goal posts is posters with speculation or inside tidbits told in confidence and perhaps not strictly accurate. Oh, and the Man Utd pitch staff.

Are you refering to the £5m the Trust would have given had they stayed? That was his statement, not theirs and as they didn't stay we don't know if it would have turned out to be contradictory or not.

No, but I am sure they would have sold Samba to fund it. He works for a Tabloid... The same people who write that Ray Charles is still alive and painting copies of the Mona Lisa on the moon.

I will say it again, the only grevience I have is with the general shift of expectations of many people on this board and their reluctance to admit it. Not with the owners.

I lay awake this whole of December dreaming about a new Subaru WRX. I got some slippers.

I am following the flow my friend, but in the summer when people are drawing up £20m plus shopping lists and I tell them they are being unrealitic I suspect I'll be portrayed as "negative" again.

There is a difference between negativity and realism. Just keep it real.

You gone off point, we were talking about wages not reasons for moving. If you're going to credit the new owners for paying Santa's 90k wages (if you believe that of course) you can't do it without taking away Diouf's wages that will now be paid by Rangers. Ergo, we've effectively swapped one big earner for another and it's not as clear cut as saying RSC's loan shows the owners are happy to pay an 'extra' £90k as it isn't strictly 'extra'.

I don't think that but thanks for putting words in my mouth. I'm not saying this window has been worse/the same as recent windows and I'm not here to stick up for the Trust and slag off Venky's, I'm just putting a realitic spin on some of the OTT postive spins people are putting on this.

And I'm still waiting for someone to refute the fact that when BPF said the £5m would include wages/fees most people went crazy and that in November they expected a bigger spend. See that is my point, the shifting of goal posts but no one quotes me on that or replies to it, they just come back acting as if I'm p'ssed off at Venky's and want them out or something.

Are you refering to the £5m the Trust would have given had they stayed? That was his statement, not theirs and as they didn't stay we don't know if it would have turned out to be contradictory or not.

I will say it again, the only grevience I have is with the general shift of expectations of many people on this board and their reluctance to admit it. Not with the owners.

I am following the flow my friend, but in the summer when people are drawing up £20m plus shopping lists and I tell them they are being unrealitic I suspect I'll be portrayed as "negative" again.

We all know, with our realistic hats on, that £20 million is unrealistic for a club our size at the moment, and most people have expressed their delight that money, however much it is or isn't and whatever it includes or excludes, has been spent and that we seem to have a potentially more exciting squad than before. Deosn't mean we can't or shouldn't speculate about big signings in the next transfer window. Half of the fun of the time when there's no football to watch is dreaming and joining in with wish lists. You are negative in that you don't seem to get this aspect of being a fan at all and only seem to be looking to moan all the time. I don't know if the players we have brought in this window are any good or not, and it may turn out that we've made 4 mistakes, although I sincerely hope not, but it sure beats Benjani in the summer window.

We bought two very good young players for a total of 4 to 4.5 million pounds plus wages. Plus we sign JJ and RSC on loan which i thought was good deals for the club. So we can see how many games they play and do they fit into the team. Almost like try before you buy deals.

Good transfer window with the deals we did. Shame we could get a left back in aswell.

We probably spend about 10 million pounds including wages for the four players!

2 million from Benni where did that go from the trust, 25k a week for two players is not much as zurab went out on loan and he was on that alone. The Raos have spent money already on transfers and loans and it will continue.

After seeing the recent photos of Mauro Formica training with the rest of the Rovers squad Im wondering, Where is Ruben Rochina? Has he been training with them too? I've heard nothing since he signed.

-DL

After seeing the recent photos of Mauro Formica training with the rest of the Rovers squad Im wondering, Where is Ruben Rochina? Has he been training with them too? I've heard nothing since he signed.

-DL

hes only a nipper mind, they might give him a little time to organise his affairs whilst moving from spain. did hear he was given the number 20 shirt though, with formica our new number 10.

hes only a nipper mind, they might give him a little time to organise his affairs whilst moving from spain. did hear he was given the number 20 shirt though, with formica our new number 10.

New kit with "Formica 10" for the shopping list the next time i'm in the UK

-DL

He hadn't arrived in the country as of yesterday. Don't know if he came signed and left again or what? Will I guess have to sort stuff out in Spain as the person above says

Fair points but what about taking Diouf's wages off then to counter balance RSC's coming in? They'd also let quite a few players leave.

My point was it's easier to judge what they spent on transfers rather taking wages/fees etc into account. In that case we wpent £4m which is more than the nothing we spent in the summer.

However, and I suspect nicko will pretend he didn't say this now, but he said before we were bought that we had £5m to spend in this window if the Venky's sale failed. He said we'd get our summer budget then as they would have to ensure we stayed in the league.

So we've spent what I expects us to spend anyway, either under Venky's or the Trust so I disgaree with your last statement.

I don't have any "grievences" as you imply I'm simply pointing out a lot of shifting of goal posts and expectations have a occured over the last month and a half. I was given absolute pelters for saying our owners simply didn't have the moeny to be investing for the likes of Adam, Krancjar and other multi-million pounds shopping lists that were being drawn up and that turns out to be right, but those same people are now saying I should be eating humble pie...for being right.

I am so lost in where you are coming from true blue.. based on the stuff you posted here are the year in year out figures excluding loans..

As for comments on the trustees etc... how many of these years where we promised there is money for signings etc..

2006/7

Summer: -5m

Winter: -1.6m

2007/8

Summer: -3.8m (1 in)

Winter: 1.5m

2008/9

Summer: 8.2m

Winter: -2m

2009/10

Summer: 9m

Winter: 0m

2010/11

Summer: 0m

Winter: -4 to 5m

Kind of taking a wild guess here but does that not mean thats the most we have spent in winter since your records start..?

[Edit part]

As for Kranky who is too say the manager even fancied the player, he has not exactly pulled allot of interest from other clubs.. something we dont know maybe?

As for Adam your having a laugh.. who would of wanted too join that joke worthy auction with no one willing too sell..

As for arry and his 6.7m accepted bid.. that has too be a joke, where the hell would adam fit in, they have so much midfield talent its a joke. VDV or Adam.... hmmmmm

[End Edit]

As for the overall situation and the whole topic conversation..

Wonder how much money the excitement of the jan window makes.. settled squads etc.. all good imo

Would be interested too see if EPL started too tax the trasnfers soon.. a few percent every year thrown back too each epl club for youth systems would make a big dif.

Blackburns overall transfers this winter.. perfect for a club our size.. we needed a defensive midfielder, a striker, creative midfielder and got as good as we could afford.

We now have a pretty flexible squad that can only get better.. if the manager gets it right.

Niko is a player who thrived on having the ball played in front of him.. we just didnt have the players too do that, he was never a target man. I reckon the likes of Formica behind him would make him 10 times the player.

We now have a good first team capable of playing a variety of formations, imo for the first time in 5 years..

We didnt get roped into the daft Adam saga, spent our budget, got rid of dead wood.. all good.

The likes of Formica might not make it but we did not overspend and got what we needed/wanted and like any player they work or they dont (and no rants about existing experienced epl players, they imo have as much success as foreign players.. take a look around how many of our former players made it.. RSC, o'neil, Warnock, Bentley etc etc etc... )

RSC - proven at our club and happy here

JJ - Unproven in epl but type of player who would fit in who before his injury was very highly rated.

Rochina - Just 19 and buy back says it all, good background and his small unknown side wanted too keep him

Formica - A 1 goal in 4 games midfielder.. Argy players have a rep for being scrappers, and a little bit silky... I hear he is borderline first team Argy national side.. for 4m.. cant really complain there.

wo(ven)nky plan..

Bring in youngsters (with a bit of focus on South America), lease experienced with a view.. yes they stuck too their plan there imo

What we needed.. hell yes without blowing 30m in the process. Sure we need some tweaking and depth in some areas (young RB, LB etc)..

RSC is the only one that concerns me for his injury record.. but initially he never had problems with us I have a feeling its mostly psycho in his case

not too mention...

Samba - Signed

Robinson - In talks

salgado - Signed

Nelson - Signed

Roberts - Signed (even knowing he was not first team selection)

Cimb - Gone

EHD - off the books

Personally looking forward too seeing keans team selection for up and coming games, things should change considerably and be pretty interesting all round.

v

Rochina is back in Barca packing his things.

My take on the window:

- brilliant in that no players were sold and the new owners made pledges to keep our best players and have backed that up with new contracts. Really hope new deals are signed by Jones and Hoilett before too long.

- potentially brilliant if RSC and J Jones stay injury-free and Formica and Rochina blosson in the Premier League. There are "ifs" about all of those four but by the law of avrages at least one of those bets will come good.

- encouraging that it appeared the owners were responsive and learned during the window. Nobody is going to dissuade me from the view that there were planned sales and they got ditched. Ditto the Red Square Belgrade/ third party ownership rubbish which so nearly scuppered the Formica signing was reversed and by all accounts Jerome Anderson worked an absolute miracle to get Formica to Ewood and out of Monaco's grasp.

- the "right" players left; Chimbonda was a footballing liability and EHD without Sam was a personality liability but we have lost the one midfielder who could be relied upon to retain posession.

However, at the end of the day, questions remain open for the summer window unless Mrs D would like to respond during her current visit to Blackburn.

- good to have RSC and J Jones on board but if they come good, is there a plan to sign them permanently?

- an attempt to "lease" Formica did not work but we did buy him. Does this make "leasing" he exception rather than the rule in future?

- if Formica were to be sold in future, would Rovers fully benefit from the transfer fee?

- on the money side, are the signings being bought using debt or equity injection?

- by my calculations fees and wages for the four new players amount to £8m outgoings over the remaining half season with possibly £2m saved on wages for Chimbonda and EHD. So the £5m budget was only slightly flexed and whilst £5m is better than zero this is going to be a long haul project rather than anything flash and immediate- does that sit with VH corporate objectives?

- wages are clearly growing for existing players (probably by £2m for the next six months alone) so are they eating into transfer budgets?

- The window started with three new contracts for Kentaro-represeted employees. This is still being watched extremely closely so what is the plan going forwards in terms of having a creche of Kentaro-associated players at Ewood which is how Jerome Anderson's involvement was sold to us?

- The laughing at us over Ronaldinho, Beckham and Riquelme has subsided but Maradona is hanging around. What is the lowdown on this marquee business and are we going to go throgh that all over again this next summer?

Is there an update on Maradona and/or is he even expected over here next week to talk to anyone, let alone Mrs Desai? By your reckoning a couple of weeks ago he was coming here to discuss the manager's position. Should make for an interesting week then :D

As for a marquee signing, I think it's clear they want to attach a name to their brand, using the club as a proxy in order to suit their expansion/marking plans (for Venkys, not the club). They already have Brett Lee for a similar purpose and possibly Lennox Lewis & Akon though it's not clear if that relationship was a one-off. Lee is definitely their "Brand ambassador" on some kind of ongoing basis.

Clearly these names aren't cheap but we should remember they are marketing investments for Venky's ultimately which is why they should be considered differently from transfer budgets and the like. If they get it right, we will benefit in our own, secondary, ways.

Personally, I think this is fine so long as they find the right player. Ronaldinho proved to be the wrong player by opting for the beach but I see no harm in giving him the choice and finding out. If he had of chose us, that would obviously have reflected differently. Riquelme seems a lesser fit and my reading of that was that it had more to do with agents hawking him around for a pay day and taking advantage of our situation.

There are certainly players I could think of that would fit the bill. Raul would be a very achievable one IMO and would possibly turn out to be very shrewd on the playing side at the same time as putting us on the map. They do seem to be fixated with South America though, and perhaps that ties in with their plans for their other business.

To that end, I'm quite sure they would be very interested in purchasing Roque permanently given his profile there but they should absolutely be commended for not just purchasing him now on a whim given his injury record. Very sensible.

Rochina is back in Barca packing his things.

My take on the window:

- brilliant in that no players were sold and the new owners made pledges to keep our best players and have backed that up with new contracts. Really hope new deals are signed by Jones and Hoilett before too long.

- potentially brilliant if RSC and J Jones stay injury-free and Formica and Rochina blosson in the Premier League. There are "ifs" about all of those four but by the law of avrages at least one of those bets will come good.

- encouraging that it appeared the owners were responsive and learned during the window. Nobody is going to dissuade me from the view that there were planned sales and they got ditched. Ditto the Red Square Belgrade/ third party ownership rubbish which so nearly scuppered the Formica signing was reversed and by all accounts Jerome Anderson worked an absolute miracle to get Formica to Ewood and out of Monaco's grasp.

- the "right" players left; Chimbonda was a footballing liability and EHD without Sam was a personality liability but we have lost the one midfielder who could be relied upon to retain posession.

However, at the end of the day, questions remain open for the summer window unless Mrs D would like to respond during her current visit to Blackburn.

- good to have RSC and J Jones on board but if they come good, is there a plan to sign them permanently?

- an attempt to "lease" Formica did not work but we did buy him. Does this make "leasing" he exception rather than the rule in future?

- if Formica were to be sold in future, would Rovers fully benefit from the transfer fee?

- on the money side, are the signings being bought using debt or equity injection?

- by my calculations fees and wages for the four new players amount to £8m outgoings over the remaining half season with possibly £2m saved on wages for Chimbonda and EHD. So the £5m budget was only slightly flexed and whilst £5m is better than zero this is going to be a long haul project rather than anything flash and immediate- does that sit with VH corporate objectives?

- wages are clearly growing for existing players (probably by £2m for the next six months alone) so are they eating into transfer budgets?

- The window started with three new contracts for Kentaro-represeted employees. This is still being watched extremely closely so what is the plan going forwards in terms of having a creche of Kentaro-associated players at Ewood which is how Jerome Anderson's involvement was sold to us?

- The laughing at us over Ronaldinho, Beckham and Riquelme has subsided but Maradona is hanging around. What is the lowdown on this marquee business and are we going to go throgh that all over again this next summer?

+1

Archived