BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chump or Champ?

So we wander up Livesey Branch road after the game and have a pint in the local pub, Carling extra cold which wasn’t very cold to be honest.......

We leave the pub about 10.15pm and make our way home only to be met by a couple of lads, probably no more than 15-16yrs old, wanting to know which direction Blackburn station is. They claimed they had taken the wrong road from the ground and had got lost.

“You’re miles away lads, what about Mill Hill which is just down the road?”

“No we need to get to Blackburn station”

“Well it’s down to Ewood and then a 20 minute walk in the opposite direction” I say

They looked at this stage like we’d just killed their parents......

“Where are you heading to lads?”

“Poulton” they said. Our advice that the Mill Hill train would take them to Blackpool South didn’t seem to help.

“Have you any money lads, we’ll ring you a cab and you’ll be there in 10 minutes?”

“We’ve our train tickets home and nothing else”

So we rang them a cab and gave them £6 for the taxi to Blackburn train station

Are we chumps or champs? I gave them my email address and hope they’ll confirm that they got home safely.

Mugs or muppets, what do you think? Have we been taken for a ride by Green Lane's finest?

You did see their train tickets didn't you Gav? Green Lanes finest wouldn't know Poulton from Portsmouth ;)

Never bothered to ask, they looked scared, still think we did the right thing :D

• Backroom

Champ in my eyes, we need more people doing the right thing. I remember a while back I was in a supermarket and the old lady in front of me was paying and it came to something like £10.36 and she only had £10 and started searching for the rest in a bit of a panic, I offered her the rest and she happily took it and was grateful, the cashier then said 'wish there was more people like you.' I was baffled, are we in such a bad way now that doing a simple obvious thing is deemed as such a good deed? (sorry off topic)

Maybe a bit of a chump though :P But the risk of being a chump to potentially help someone out is worth it.

Good on ya

Guest linganzi

In theory champ, realistically chump. Dis you see the taxi ? You mat have just bought their gaspers

Having said that all they wanted was directions.

100% champ - there are too few of us willing to trust others and take what we see at face value in order to act with a little humanity. Maybe it is the media hyping up tales of people's cynicism and lack of decency that makes us believe that everyone is out to do us over, but I don't believe that they are - we have simply forgotten how to act with compassion and empathy towards others in need, in case it backfires and we end up looking foolish. So well done Gav. Please post if they get in touch.

Just got into work, no email, but hopefully we'll get one later.

Ps,

If anyone else fancies some money for nothing see you in Wigan Saturday : P I'm the one with mug written across my forehead :lol:

Champ for what you did, chump for posting it on here to get the virtual blow-job.

Yes..... :blush:

I sort of regret posting it now, but thought it was a fun story, the type of which has been sadly lacking on this site for a while now.

So we wander up Livesey Branch road after the game and have a pint in the local pub, Carling extra cold which wasn’t very cold to be honest.......

We leave the pub about 10.15pm and make our way home only to be met by a couple of lads, probably no more than 15-16yrs old, wanting to know which direction Blackburn station is. They claimed they had taken the wrong road from the ground and had got lost.

“You’re miles away lads, what about Mill Hill which is just down the road?”

“No we need to get to Blackburn station”

“Well it’s down to Ewood and then a 20 minute walk in the opposite direction” I say

They looked at this stage like we’d just killed their parents......

“Where are you heading to lads?”

“Poulton” they said. Our advice that the Mill Hill train would take them to Blackpool South didn’t seem to help.

“Have you any money lads, we’ll ring you a cab and you’ll be there in 10 minutes?”

“We’ve our train tickets home and nothing else”

So we rang them a cab and gave them £6 for the taxi to Blackburn train station

Are we chumps or champs? I gave them my email address and hope they’ll confirm that they got home safely.

Mugs or muppets, what do you think? Have we been taken for a ride by Green Lane's finest?

Chumps..... Cold or not Carlings cats p1ss!

Archived