BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] John Williams Leaves

Ray P

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5 players want to leave, we're selling Jones against his will, we're selling Samba to raise cash, we should bid for Alonso....

True- they did; the club forgot all about talking to the players about Sam going. A big job including pay cheques pulled them back on board

True- from two sources including one close to his family

True- initially the club was pretty non-committal about Samba

What I said was that if we pulled all our cash together at that time we could have bid for Alonso.

A bit of information...

Apparently, the transfers in to the club in this window were all negotiated and dealt with by a Frenchman (may be able to tell you his name in a day or so). John Williams was completely uninvolved and apparently sat in his office and kept quiet. From someone who has dealt with all negotiations to then be completely uninvolved is shocking. He was sidelined completely in that regard. The impression I got was that he was just left out of things completely. I don't know much more than that. If I hear more, I'll let you know.

I think, whether he's right or wrong, the amount of stick Philip gets on here is a disgrace.

Agreed. I can't comment on the quality of Philip's sources (as I don't know who they are) but at least he shares the information (good or bad) that he is given.

I think, whether he's right or wrong, the amount of stick Philip gets on here is a disgrace.

I totally agree and I do know he is correct in most things he says, it will all come out at some stage, Our new owners really do leave a lot to be desired.

Oh come on, when you start talking about people being sat miles apart and what it could mean and it is completely wrong- people will poke fun. Phillips financial info is very interesting but there have been some spectacularly bad info, rough with the smooth and all that.

I for one have stopped posting things I know to be true on here as the Venky lovers would no doubt ridicule the information, so I wont go into anything on here at all, I will pose some questions and allow Members to form their own opinions.

Why was John Williams not involved in the Transfer dealings during the January window?

Why was John Williams uncomfortable with the sacking of Sam Allardyce?

Why, after being reasonably close to Steve Kean when he was coach, suddenly 'dont get on too well' (Steve Keans words)?

Why, when as Chairman, was John Williams not consulted before they appointed Steve Kean and why would the manager ditch training with a very weak coaching staff, to go to India to see the Venkys, when that is clearly the role of Chairman to liase between the owners and employers?

And finally, this is the one I can never get my head round, why and how on earth did Steve Kean get the job and could it be that JW knew those reasons and thats where the relationship between Willaims and Kean broke down?

And if anyone saw the interview with Neil Macdonald a few weeks back - Keans name is mud with a lot of people, offering new contracts should help though...

I don't really understand what you mean?

Oh come on, when you start talking about people being sat miles apart and what it could mean and it is completely wrong- people will poke fun. Phillips financial info is very interesting but there have been some spectacularly bad info, rough with the smooth and all that.

exactly PhiipL is a big boy sure he can handle the stick,I've not read anything that bad, we don't want to be mod'ed so strick that everyone has to be nice to each other.

The hint that keeps on being put forward, whether it's true or not, is that Kean got the job by stabbing Sam in the back. The one thing about that that doesn't stand up is that Kean was in charge temporarily initially. The odd thing is that he got the job permanently so quickly afterwards. Agent at work? I don't think Kean stabbed Sam in the back.

I would echo that and I think that Philip is right far more often than he's wrong.

MB users should be grateful that Philip is willing to share his commercial insights - I think it's very evident that he has both genuine and knowledgeable contacts associated with Rovers and in a world where litigation is rife, you have to be very guarded as to what you can share and how.

Kelbo- do you know who the chairman is of Chelsea, Villa or even Liverpool off the top of your head, I'll be honest I would need to look it up, point is that very few clubs now have chairmen who have a say in the major decisions, we were probably one of the last, Venkys want a hands on role, this is their right as owners.

Offering players contracts is a massive plus for the new regime and the fact that so many players are happy- Inc top pros like Salgado and Our captain, should speak volumes, but if people want to see a negative in a positive I'm sure they will.

Kelbo- do you know who the chairman is of Chelsea, Villa or even Liverpool off the top of your head, I'll be honest I would need to look it up, point is that very few clubs now have chairmen who have a say in the major decisions, we were probably one of the last, Venkys want a hands on role, this is their right as owners.Offering players contracts is a massive plus for the new regime and the fact that so many players are happy- Inc top pros like Salgado and Our captain, should speak volumes, but if people want to see a negative in a positive I'm sure they will.

I know who the managers of those clubs are and if they want to sign a player, they go to the Chairman who in turn will approach the owners, the owners make the decisions and then the Chairman works on the negotiations!

Kelbo- do you know who the chairman is of Chelsea, Villa or even Liverpool off the top of your head, I'll be honest I would need to look it up, point is that very few clubs now have chairmen who have a say in the major decisions, we were probably one of the last, Venkys want a hands on role, this is their right as owners.

Offering players contracts is a massive plus for the new regime and the fact that so many players are happy- Inc top pros like Salgado and Our captain, should speak volumes, but if people want to see a negative in a positive I'm sure they will.

Chairman of Chairman is Bruce Buck

Chairman of Liverpool is Tom Warner

Chairman if Villa is Randy Lerner and CEO is Paul Faulknar

and no i didn't need to look this up!!!!!

Why do you think Kean got the job? And how did they know he would take it?

Well Kean has some real balls then because if a guy who was poor as an assistant manager at many clubs, gave that up and became a demoted first team coach, then suddenly gets a top PL managers job, then he must be very good at something.

At this rate I can see our next manager being James Harries, he's a good talker too:

james.jpg

I don't Bryan. It makes my life easier. ^_^

Rem that many BRFC fans ALWAYS need a hate figure. It's simply another example of ganging up. Doesn't appear to make any difference whether it's at Ewood or on here.

That's excellent Chaddy, point is mate not many people will know that, as the clubs are run by the owners.

So when as an example Shevchenko was signed by Chelsea that was a player who Mourinho wanted? That was a player the owner wanted. A lot of clubs have Head coaches, who train the players and pick the team, they have little to say about player recruitment, don't know if that's happening here but with what Nicko alluded to a while back about a general manager potentially being installed, may fit.

Archived