BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Newcastle home

philipl

This is a game that will buzzing about.... I think we'll win this one and with Roque back it will free up space for Holiett and Olsson.

Olsson is alot faster than Danny Simpson so I would go for this eleven.

A fact is that when Bunn has been in goal we haven't lost. WBA, Liverpool and QPR.....just let you know.

My eleven:

Robinson

Salgado, Samba, Nelsen, Givet.

Hoilett, Jones or Gamst, Dunn, Olsson

Santa Cruz and Kalinic

And Sunderland...which we lost 3-0.

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

---------------------Robbo

--------Samba----Nelsen-----Givet

-Emerton---------N'Zonzi--------Olsson

-----------Hoilett---------------Dunn

------------------Kalinic---RSC

Bunn-J Jones-Hanley-MGP-Fromica-Benjani-Roberts.

:D

i kinda like 3 at the back. with carroll gone newcastles biggest threat comes from their pace and flair down the middle channels, from the likes of barton and nolan, reinforcing that can only be a good thing, even at the expense of the flanks. i'd like to see jones start instead of n'zonzi though, n'zonzi hasn't been great recently and i thought despite the performance vs wigan being poor on the whole, jones was one of the better players on the pitch.

Massive game, not too sure if I agree with some of the points raised above I'd have to say I get a buzz going to Ewood now that I haven't had for years.

We need a far better defensive performance for this game, the defence badly let the side down against Wigan so I hope they are firing on all cylinders. Any news of Givet? As much as he isn't the best left back in the world he allows Ollsen to push on.

I've got a few geordie mates from work for this one, I gave them so much stick after our win up there ... Please god don't let them win!!!

Yes, I would have to agree 100% with this - the train journey from Glasgow should be good....I just hope the one back is even better.....

i kinda like 3 at the back. with carroll gone newcastles biggest threat comes from their pace and flair down the middle channels, from the likes of barton and nolan, reinforcing that can only be a good thing, even at the expense of the flanks. i'd like to see jones start instead of n'zonzi though, n'zonzi hasn't been great recently and i thought despite the performance vs wigan being poor on the whole, jones was one of the better players on the pitch.

Left Jones out as we would probably be down to ten men by half time, with their (MF) dirty tricks department

Kalanic scored 2 for Croatia tonight

yeah one of them was pretty nice too say the least, 20 yard run with a whicked shot at the end of it.. the other was a nice header from a deep cross into the box.

Was interesting too see the types of goals, Blackburn have never really had the ability too get those sorts of balls too him. Personally reckon we have tried too fit a square peg into a round hole too date with the poor lad, he just does not seem too get on well with playing with his back too the goal.

Would love too see Formica get a run out, would be very interesting too see him in action and especially too see how our formation would line up with him in the side. If write ups are correct he would be the ideal kind of player too supply those balls too Niko.

• Backroom

Niko has looked decent at times but so far hasn't shown as much as people seem to think.

Somehow he's got himself a reputation among some fans as being the second coming, it was the same with Gallagher and Derbyshire when they werent playing.

It seems obvious that Kean doesn't know his two best strikers and is going through all the options. I think it's time to try one up top with a Dunn or Formica playing off them.

His finishing ability who saw him score a lot of goals in the croatian league and also been doing lately for the national team.

The Premier League is a different animal and on current records he cannot handle it. David Healy used to score plenty of goals for his national team (a very poor one) and he has a good scoring record in the lower leagues and he couldn't handle it. Your statment is void as i only care what he is doing for my team and he has done very little. His return to games played is very poor!

I want the lad to do well but it really annoys me when people think he is something that he is clearly not.

The Premier League is a different animal and on current records he cannot handle it. David Healy used to score plenty of goals for his national team (a very poor one) and he has a good scoring record in the lower leagues and he couldn't handle it. Your statment is void as i only care what he is doing for my team and he has done very little. His return to games played is very poor!

I want the lad to do well but it really annoys me when people think he is something that he is clearly not.

If you believe that then you also must believe the same applies to Roberts, Benjani, Diouf and to an extent Santa Cruz. All of them do not score goals on a regular basis at this level. Roberts averages 5 goals a season in the league and Benjani even though he had a bit of a purple patch at Pompey, did not score goals on a consistent basis at City or Sunderland. Diouf struggles just as much as our championship level striker Roberts and Roque had the one decent season, forget that and his record is poor.

Niko has looked decent at times but so far hasn't shown as much as people seem to think.

Somehow he's got himself a reputation among some fans as being the second coming, it was the same with Gallagher and Derbyshire when they werent playing.

It seems obvious that Kean doesn't know his two best strikers and is going through all the options. I think it's time to try one up top with a Dunn or Formica playing off them.

We are not saying he is the second coming TCO, if anything we are saying he is not an all round striker and cant score too save his life with his back too the goal. Allot of strikers in football have their roles and he has not been played too his strengths which are running onto the ball and getting into positions for crosses, we have not had anyone with a whicked cross since Bentley and we very rarely put in any through balls in front of the poor lad.

The Premier League is a different animal and on current records he cannot handle it.

His return to games played is very poor!

Have to agree, whilst Allardyce played him as a lone striker which was never going to work, the lad looks out of his depth, we got sold a dud.

Hope he proves me wrong.

I liken Kalinic to Linekar, he attacks space around the box, Jimmy Greaves was the same, to a degree, Dwight Yorke at Man U was the same, in and around the box, lethal, Gerd Muller the German striker was the same, none of those players were particularly comfortable with their backs to the goal.

• Backroom

We are not saying he is the second coming TCO, if anything we are saying he is not an all round striker and cant score too save his life with his back too the goal. Allot of strikers in football have their roles and he has not been played too his strengths which are running onto the ball and getting into positions for crosses, we have not had anyone with a whicked cross since Bentley and we very rarely put in any through balls in front of the poor lad.

Fair enough but it just seems when he doesn't play and we lose people use it as a reason and act like we would have won with him when so far he has hardly proved to be much better than any other option we have, he certainly wouldn't have scored the goal Benjani scored vs Liverpool or Roberts did against Newcastle.

I do hope he get's a start soon as he is as good an option as any with the exception of RSC but still needs to prove himself further.

Archived