BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BRFCS launches branded T-Shirts

Glenn

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it worth expanding on the "I saw Roberts miss at Sunderland" t-shirt?

Perhaps we could have a multitude of different teams?

"I saw Roberts miss at......"

Or the opposite, "I saw Roberts score at....."

anyone got a youtube clip of that?

can;t really remember it

Could someone knock together an image of a goose squaring up to a swan by any chance? ^_^

I'd thought about asking for something similar. How's this...

geeseandswans.png

That took a whole 5 minutes you know. I nicked the picture and stuck some text on it in MS Paint.

keithandrews.jpg

I know you weren't keen on this idea Glenn, but I couldn't get the Marmite thing out of my head. Keith certainly divides opinion but I thought this would suit lovers and haters as its completely ambiguous.

'Your mate?' could be added underneath, as it wasn't the actual slogan and I don't think there'd be any legal aggro. As well as the BRFCS URL, obviously.

If you approve, then BRFCS can have the vector with pleasure.

It's my first time working with Illustrator, so any comments/criticisms/suggestions welcome (some of the fonts didn't come out well when vectoring from my Photoshop image and could be improved with a bit more time and patience). I read the guidlines and found some of them (minimum line/shape size) a bit awkward to work around, so I'm aware that this attempt may not be suitable.

That is AWESOME. The problem is that Marmite might have something to say about it. The US has a nice right of parody which would protect is if we were American, but we're not, so sadly it would be a copyright infringement. Which is a real shame as it's excellent. However, there may be a workaround for you all at some point in the future.

I'd thought about asking for something similar. How's this...

geeseandswans.png

That took a whole 5 minutes you know. I nicked the picture and stuck some text on it in MS Paint.

Sadly "nicked" is the problem.

SOME OF THESE T SHIRT SLOGANS COULD RESULT IN THESE POSTERS BECOMING CULTS [DELIBERATE SPELLING MISTAKE]

THENODROG -HE'S RIGHT YOU KNOW.

THENODROG - YOU THINK IT ,HE SAYS IT.

"YOU'RE NOT FROM ROUND HERE ARE YOU "? -THENODROG

JIM MK2 TRUE BLUE.....AND RED

THENODROG TRUE BLUE..........AND GINGER

PHILIPL......MISUNDERSTOOD

WAGGY BFSNO1FAN

That is AWESOME. The problem is that Marmite might have something to say about it. The US has a nice right of parody which would protect is if we were American, but we're not, so sadly it would be a copyright infringement. Which is a real shame as it's excellent. However, there may be a workaround for you all at some point in the future.

Marmite could claim that it infringes their design rights, I suppose. I checked through their entries on the Intellectual Property Office website and there are no entries for Guinness Marmite (on which this design is based), seems they didn't bother as it was limited edition. Design rights don't have to be registered and would include the jar (Bovril own Marmite, sadly, BPF). But - would it apply? We're not actually making a glass jar or selling Keith Andrews spread...

The likelihood of them noticing is slim, there are plenty of shirts on Spreadshirt that probably infringe copyright (including a totally sweet Day Of The Tentacle shirt I'm definitely going to buy), but I can see why you would want to distance the site from potential legal action.

At best we'd get a cease and desist order, at worst they could claim for damages. Any chance we could tell them we just hadn't sold any...?

I could write Unilever a nice email and ask permission. But I can't see that getting us anywhere.

yes shearer was amazing for us ! ironic his heart or wallet was with toon and his only prem medal with rovers . perhaps when footballers go to do called bigger clubs they should think long and hard if money is their god ? dunny will be a legend and be on a t shirt b4 shearer

• Backroom

My shirt just fell through my door.

I'm very happy with it. So happy in fact that I shall wear it to today's game.

So did mine. So will I.

What did you guys go for?

Archived