BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bobby Mimms

Call me sentimental if you like but I was really happy Bobby came back to Rovers. It's been mentioned already but whilst he has been at the club Robbo has continued to improve, maybe that's not down to Bobby but when you factor in the progress of Fielding and Kean, and also the fact that Bunn looked very good when he came in, someome is doing something right. Also didn't he do really well at Wolves, who at that time had two highly rated young keepers coming through. i really hope we keep him and this ends up being a non story.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just like Ray Harford was the genius behind Kenny?

Sure Robinson will do fine.

Kenny is superb at what he does but, apart from a few one to ones, he generally doesn't coach! That's why he's brought in Clarke to Liverpool.

and if they replace Mimms with Flowers?

Now that's an upgrade.

Flowers was a brilliant player but I have heard little about his qualities as a coach. Mimms is quite well spoken of at Wolves and with us. If he leaves we move on, plenty more fish in the sea.

Flowers was a brilliant player but I have heard little about his qualities as a coach. Mimms is quite well spoken of at Wolves and with us. If he leaves we move on, plenty more fish in the sea.

Exactly, for example if we wants a free goal scoring goalkeeper who can also play as sweeper we could get Rene Higuita as coach. 30 goals in 252 games, 8 goals for Colombia

Rene-Higuita-736798.jpg

Time for Tim Flowers to come back to Ewood

Flowers might be a decent keeper coach - I don't really know as he's no real track record.

As one poster has said, Kenny's made his preference clear, and Kenny's a canny lad!

Also, I don't go along with constant calls to bring back ex players who, admittedly, did well for us. For example, both Hendry and Flowers have been wanted back over recent times but if you look at their track records in coaching / management, neither has really made their mark. Top players don't necessarily make top coaches / managers.

Flowers might be a decent keeper coach - I don't really know as he's no real track record.

Track record - hmmmm, he's definitely been a keeper coach. I remember him appearing before at least one game at Ewood, can't remember if it was Man City or maybe Coventry though. Google would probably tell me, but I haven't got time at the moment.

Tim Flowers was keeper coach at Man City when Keegan was in charge, instrumental in development of Joe Hart and Kaspar Schmeichal, I remember at the time was highly thought at the time and wasnt a certain un-wanted influence Mr Anderson his agent. Personally I want Bobby to stay

Following a spell as goalkeeper coach for both Leicester City and Manchester City, on 19 February 2007 he was appointed as assistant manager to Iain Dowie at Coventry City. Flowers left Coventry on 11 February 2008 after Dowie was sacked, before joining him again at Queens Park Rangers. He left the assistant manager's role at QPR as well after Dowie was sacked again.

In February 2010, he was appointed part-time goalkeeper coach at Northampton Town,[3] as well as mentoring Dean Coleman and Yasbir Singh at Kidderminster Harriers.[4]

On 17 March 2010, he re-joined Dowie when he was appointed as assistant manager at Premiership club, Hull City.[5]

On 14 October he was appointed manager of Conference North team Stafford Rangers.[6]

Flowers resigned on 11 January 2011 after just nine games in charge.[7]

Hmmm thats interesting, got me thinking, do goalkeepers make good managers, can't think of many, well any successful ones.

Should stick to coaching maybe now.

Mimms is obviously settled, Flower is giving it a crack at a higher position.

Bobby Mimms hasn't got a new contract, let's all panic! Another nail in a coffin? This a complete joke to be honest. Yes, there are some things Venkys haven't done right. This isn't something to be THAT concerned with, at least not yet.

Guest shoppybrfc

Oh dear I had heard about this and hoped it wouldn't break into the public domain.

Is it a case of sweeping all the old guard out? I hope not because there can be no doubting that Robinson has really recovered his form under Mimms' tutelage.

kin ell derek acorah on the case again

Too many are rather blase about the implications of all this.

It's now odds on that Mimms will go to Liverpool.

It's highly likely that Reina will leave Liverpool in the summer for United (most Liverpool fans I know think so).

Who do you think Liverpool will most probably look to replace Reina with and that Mimms, as keeper coach, will have a big influence - you've guessed it, Paul Robinson and wouldn't he just jump at it.

Alarmist, speculative ? No, just realistic and a bit of foresight.

Looks like Rovers could have taken their eye off the ball on this one!

Too many are rather blase about the implications of all this.

It's now odds on that Mimms will go to Liverpool.

It's highly likely that Reina will leave Liverpool in the summer for United (most Liverpool fans I know think so).

Who do you think Liverpool will most probably look to replace Reina with and that Mimms, as keeper coach, will have a big influence - you've guessed it, Paul Robinson and wouldn't he just jump at it.

Alarmist, speculative ? No, just realistic and a bit of foresight.

Looks like Rovers could have taken their eye off the ball on this one!

[/quote

And I agree that that is now a strong possibility!

Archived