BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bobby Mimms

Too many are rather blase about the implications of all this.

It's now odds on that Mimms will go to Liverpool.

It's highly likely that Reina will leave Liverpool in the summer for United (most Liverpool fans I know think so).

Who do you think Liverpool will most probably look to replace Reina with and that Mimms, as keeper coach, will have a big influence - you've guessed it, Paul Robinson and wouldn't he just jump at it.

Alarmist, speculative ? No, just realistic and a bit of foresight.

Looks like Rovers could have taken their eye off the ball on this one!

Or alternatively - Mimms agent is looking after his client by spreading a rumour about Liverpool to worry the club into upping his wages ?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too many are rather blase about the implications of all this.

It's highly likely that Reina will leave Liverpool in the summer for United (most Liverpool fans I know think so).

Who do you think Liverpool will most probably look to replace Reina with and that Mimms, as keeper coach, will have a big influence - you've guessed it, Paul Robinson and wouldn't he just jump at it.

Alarmist, speculative ? No, just realistic and a bit of foresight.

Looks like Rovers could have taken their eye off the ball on this one!

United are in the market for a new goalkeeper. Robbo's mentor Eric Steele is at United. Maybe he'll go there?

You aren't being realistic, you're doing mathematics. Being realistic, Paul Robinson will leave Rovers if it's beneficial to him, not Bobby Mimms. Give the guy at least a small amount of credit for his own intelligence.

Mercerman,

It's quite ironic that you bring up a possible move with Robinson. Despite the fact that the famous/infamous (BFF) Jerome Andersson looks after Robinson I do believe that he will move on in the summer. This is a player who expects to win and that clean sheets could earn him an extra bonus of approx. £200,000/season, he isn't getting anywhere near that figure and I expect him to move on to either of the current top 4 clubs.

On the front with Bobby Mimms, it would be hugely disappointing to see him move on, but hopefully the board can react quickly and tie him down before he could make the move to Anfield. If the latter happens, then I would make a move for Brad Friedel or Roy Tunks.

Flowers is pushing more for Asst.Manager/Manager and would not work as a g/k coach. As some people quite rightly pointed out he was at Man City for a period of time and was only working with David James and Nick Weaver, so he didn't do an awful lot with them and I think the Academy g/k would have looked after Harte and Schmeichel.

Archived