BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers new Chairman - Who will it be?!

Hughesy

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've given this thread the swerve because I thought the usual suspects would be all over it.

Just so I'm up to speed is Paul Agnew the Angry Mob's latest hate figure?

hate's perhaps a little strong, but he's certainly not popular.

Aye usufl snide comments from DGS.

Nobody has set Agnew up as a hate figure, they are just aghast that the club's press officer and programme editor extradonaire is even in the frame.

As usual, the ire is aimed at the clueless Rao's.

I've given this thread the swerve because I thought the usual suspects would be all over it.

Just so I'm up to speed is Paul Agnew the Angry Mob's latest hate figure?

Don't make the mistake of thinking that if you label and smear the messengers, the problem will go away. I, for one, do not hate Paul Agnew. I've never met him and wouldn't recognise him if I saw him in the street.

Given Venky decisions so far however, he looks like another puppet flying out to Pune to be anointed. Don't you think? Particularly when Venkys have denied it!

If we were to advertise for a Chairman and appoint the best candidate------would Agnew's CV measure up?

That's the concern--another potential leg up for an existing employee who will NOT be able to give Venkys other than the answers they want. Are we going to be able to turn around the club by getting rid of the top staff and appointing successors from several levels below? What next-------------the tealady running the Academy? The quality of the staff is being diluted.

Can't you see it? Doesn't it worry you?

Don't make the mistake of thinking that if you label and smear the messengers, the problem will go away. I, for one, do not hate Paul Agnew. I've never met him and wouldn't recognise him if I saw him in the street.

Given Venky decisions so far however, he looks like another puppet flying out to Pune to be anointed. Don't you think? Particularly when Venkys have denied it!

If we were to advertise for a Chairman and appoint the best candidate------would Agnew's CV measure up?

That's the concern--another potential leg up for an existing employee who will NOT be able to give Venkys other than the answers they want. Are we going to be able to turn around the club by getting rid of the top staff and appointing successors from several levels below? What next-------------the tealady running the Academy? The quality of the staff is being diluted.

Can't you see it? Doesn't it worry you?

Many good points.

Would add two more.

Firstly, Rovers' PR over the years has, IMO, not been good and is light years behind the modern day requirement. In Agnew's field of speciality, IMO, you would therefore question his competence. Additionally, you would ask why he didn't kick-on from his previous CEO experience @ PNE.

Secondly, it's the long term impact on the Acadamey that also concerns me. Over recent times, we've had the best set of young players emerging. Why did they join Rovers in the first place - because they were seen as a very solid, stable club, extremely well managed from boardroom level down and with a caring, family atmosphere. Compare that to what we have now with the Raos.

Not saying there is anything wrong with it - just that the chairman isn't a big figure there. Depends on what the owner(s) want. However, there are plenty of rumours around Chelsea that Abramovic doesn't always listen and just says what he wants - the arrival of Shevchenko being a case in point. Allegedly it was Abramovic who wanted him, not the football people at the club.

Abromovich can afford to make mistakes.

Thanks.

No doubt he'll achieve hate status soon.

You appear to have achieved similar status quickly enough.

:lol:

I've got some way to go before I catch up with you Alf!

I put a series of concerns to you. I note that you'd sooner swap insults with Theno than address them.

Having labeled others the "angry brigade" I was hoping you'd be up for genuine discussion.

Many good points.

Would add two more.

Firstly, Rovers' PR over the years has, IMO, not been good and is light years behind the modern day requirement. In Agnew's field of speciality, IMO, you would therefore question his competence. Additionally, you would ask why he didn't kick-on from his previous CEO experience @ PNE.

Secondly, it's the long term impact on the Acadamey that also concerns me. Over recent times, we've had the best set of young players emerging. Why did they join Rovers in the first place - because they were seen as a very solid, stable club, extremely well managed from boardroom level down and with a caring, family atmosphere. Compare that to what we have now with the Raos.

Not a bad post for a Dingle! :wacko:

From the Fans forum:

Management Structure Changes

TF reported that discussions with the owners were ongoing regarding the management structure and the possible appointment of a new Chairman, but emphasised that there were no timescales against these actions.

He confirmed that he was managing the club’s day to day operations as previous and communicating with the owners via the two directors that had recently been appointed. TF also advised that he had spoken to Paul Agnew concerning the recent press speculation linking him with the vacant Chairman’s position. Paul informed him that he had not held any discussions with the owners on the subject.

If journalist are correct someone seems to be telling porkies.

From the Fans forum:

TF reported that discussions with the owners were ongoing regarding the management structure and the possible appointment of a new Chairman, but emphasised that there were no timescales against these actions.

He confirmed that he was managing the club’s day to day operations as previous and communicating with the owners via the two directors that had recently been appointed. TF also advised that he had spoken to Paul Agnew concerning the recent press speculation linking him with the vacant Chairman’s position. Paul informed him that he had not held any discussions with the owners on the subject.

If journalist are correct someone seems to be telling porkies.

Feel reassured by these comments by TF.

Abramovich is surrounded by top football people everywhere he looks. I'll bet he looks, listens then decides. Nothing wrong with that.

Not exactly what we've got down at Ewood is it!

Is it as clear-cut as that...I think not.

I seem to remember Shevchenko was allegedly an Abramovich vanity project who wasn't wanted by the manager.

I don't buy that he's this inclusive touchy-feely owner one bit. You don't become a Russian oligarch with that way of working.

I seem to remember Shevchenko was allegedly an Abramovich vanity project who wasn't wanted by the manager.

I don't buy that he's this inclusive touchy-feely owner one bit. You don't become a Russian oligarch with that way of working.

Well think what you like, but Abramovich has surrounded himself with top football people, that's fact. I can't imagine him doing that and totally ignoring the lot of them - can you? Yes, without doubt, he'll make bad decisions at times - but all in all, he's not doing a bad job is he!

Now then, compare our owners and the top football people they take advice from. Who/where are they?

I put a series of concerns to you. I note that you'd sooner swap insults with Theno than address them.

Having labeled others the "angry brigade" I was hoping you'd be up for genuine discussion.

Sorry but when the muppett sets me up with an open goal I've got to smash it in havn't I?

Neither myself, you (by your own admission) or the "I've got inside info" merchants know if Agnew (should he be appointed) will make a good chairman or not. So why the Pavlovian response? Particularly from a sound poster like yourself? I know the Raos are clueless berks but the shouting and screaming at everything they do has got very old and now we are slagging a bloke off before he has even been offered a job! :wacko:

Take a deep breath, give it a reasonable amount of time and lets see what happens because carrying on like some of the goons on here does absolutely no good whatsoever. The opposite in fact.

Sorry but when the muppett sets me up with an open goal I've got to smash it in havn't I?

Neither myself, you (by your own admission) or the "I've got inside info" merchants know if Agnew (should he be appointed) will make a good chairman or not. So why the Pavlovian response? Particularly from a sound poster like yourself? I know the Raos are clueless berks but the shouting and screaming at everything they do has got very old and now we are slagging a bloke off before he has even been offered a job! :wacko:

Take a deep breath, give it a reasonable amount of time and lets see what happens because carrying on like some of the goons on here does absolutely no good whatsoever. The opposite in fact.

It's the goons in India who are doing no good. Still, carry on attacking the fans DGS.

As for Paul Agnew, well if he is the best man available for the job, then no problems. Trouble is, because of Venky's recent moves very few people have confidence in them being able to make the right decisions.

You don't indeed. Some of the ongoing allegations that Abramovich has had to endure make Ali Syed look like Mary Poppins.

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/law/article7082953.ece

From the Fans forum:

See Tom Finn failed to clarify the role of Jerome Anderson at the last fans forum meeting.

Why ? Whats the problem for Tom to not discuss his role....... not good!

You've just described them as "clueless berks"!

Time you had a word with yourself?

Describing the current owners as "clueless berks" is hardly the same as buying into the rampant paranoia and hysteria on here. Nor is it the same as going into full rant mode each time there is the hint of any kind of decision from Venkys.

If the Rao's are clueless berks (and their appointment of Kean after sacking Sam indicates to me that they are) why wouldn't I be worried about the prospect of Agnew being promoted from within to a job in which he has no experience?

It may not happen-----true, it may happen and Agnew may turn out to be a great appointment------true, or it may happen and he'll prove to be another inept yes-man appointed above his level of competence.

Given the Rao's record which alternative is most likely? There's nothing hysterical about what I'm saying, its just another grim assessment of the reality under the Rao's.

But I will take your advice, not comment anymore on this issue and wait and see.

Archived