BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers new Chairman - Who will it be?!

Hughesy

Nicko. If the choice of Agnew "makes sense" to you, why did you write in The People: "Paul Agnew is SHOCK favourite for the post."?

The idea makes sense when you think it through.

But it would be a 'shock' all the same beause it was not anticipated.

I wonder what the response was a few years back when Rovers appointed some guy from Granada who didn't know much about football...

Sheesh.

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nicko, we all have alot of respect for you and your posts that You put on here. I enjoy your posts even tho sometimes i do not agree with what you say, I respect them!

I just don't understand why the owners have not appoint a chairman yet or approach someone with experience of running a football.

I didn't know that Paul Agnew was CEO at Preston. when was this?

How come the owners have not appoint Jonathan Hill or Tom Finn(who would be popular with the fans)?

There is somebody who I think would do a excellent job for rovers but whether the owners would pay for him to come and whether he would want to come is another question

Many of the problems have been self inflicted by the owners ..

It's very easy to blame the owners.

It would also be very easy to blame the previous owners too for a lack of spending that saw Diouf and Benjani as the signings for the start of the season.

Seem to remember getting shot at for saying this squad was in grave dannger of being in a relegation scrap back then. Anyone care to argue now.

The owners financed signing in January.

That is the latest problem - they have not done the business.

Roque is a waste of time. Ironically he was wanted by the previous regime too.

Jones is hit and miss. Not the answer to a midfield that has been chronically neglected for years.

Formica needs to play, but is he is unfit what do you do?

It is not the time to chuck in Rochina.

An independent thinker? Ffs. Is this a commune?

What is needed is someone to liaise between the owners in India and the club in Blackburn.

You can't have the manager tearing over to India for meetings.

You can't have an empty director's box like yesterday.

You need someone to get the messages across and run the club more efficiently.

It was a polite question, no need to be abusive about it.

I don't know anything about Agnew so I was asking whether he would be looking to run the club from his own perspective or if Venky's would be looking to try and run things fairly directly with Agnew only being an intermediary and advisor.

It's a valid point and I am not trying to insinuate anything by it, just get a clearer picture of what the appointment would mean and I thought you might know, that's all.

Guest linganzi

January 9? Do your research a bit better, eh.

Sums up the level of tripe that has been going on around here lately.

I backed off a few weeks back because [a] there was little doing, the level of trash being talked was annoying me and [c] I hadn't seen your team for some time.

Now there is a story and I thought I would add a bit to it.

Some people, supposed supporters, need to take a right good look at themselves.

Just compare the level of backing Blackpool got pre kick-off to yours yesterday...said it all really.

Yes, there are plenty of problems to be addressed. But that doesn't men you go around like mopes and hysterics when there is a job to be done - and that means backing your team.

I don't know anything about an e-mail. There is so much garbage flying around just now that I am glad I didn't.

The tale came from a very good source and after a week of calls I am pretty happy with the info.

There is another candidate in the frame, but Paul Agnew seems to have the backing of some of the people in the inner circle.

You mean grooby ?

The issue of backing the team and comparing it to bpool is wrong. We all support the club and love it but its a struggle seeing this happen.

Incidentally how are you currently rating kean and his pressers? You were quite supportive at first

Just compare the level of backing Blackpool got pre kick-off to yours yesterday...said it all really.

Indeed, Blackpool are media darlings, willing to play on their "small club doing much better than they should" position .... That kind of relationship with the press must be hard to build.

..... Sorry, I'll behave.

I just don't understand why the owners have not appoint a chairman yet or approach someone with experience of running a football.

I didn't know that Paul Agnew was CEO at Preston. when was this?

How come the owners have not appoint Jonathan Hill or Tom Finn(who would be popular with the fans)?

There is somebody who I think would do a excellent job for rovers but whether the owners would pay for him to come and whether he would want to come is another question

This is a totally new set-up.

The owners RUN the club. But someone needs to be on the ground in Blackburn to make that job easier.

I thought it was scandalous that no-one was at such a crucial game yesterday.

You needs someone to watch your back and keep the dialogue going between

Agnew HAS experience and knows the club better than most.

The 'chairman' job here would really to be to tick things over.

You could argue that John Williams became TOO powerful and had TOO much say...obviously a new man would have a wholte lot less.

It's very easy to blame the owners.

It would also be very easy to blame the previous owners too for a lack of spending that saw Diouf and Benjani as the signings for the start of the season.

Seem to remember getting shot at for saying this squad was in grave dannger of being in a relegation scrap back then. Anyone care to argue now.

The owners financed signing in January.

That is the latest problem - they have not done the business.

Roque is a waste of time. Ironically he was wanted by the previous regime too.

Jones is hit and miss. Not the answer to a midfield that has been chronically neglected for years.

Formica needs to play, but is he is unfit what do you do?

It is not the time to chuck in Rochina.

It is the owners fault, the art of any good management is to put the right people around them, they havent, Kean hasnt either, even if Kean had been up to the mark, w3hich he clearly isnt, he would have struggled with the inadequate backroom team he has and to lose John Williams to boot tells me the owners are two goals short of a Hat trick!

Roque was a bad signing because He is NOT the answer for the striker position. I would prefer either Demba Ba or Carlton Cole.

Jones has been hit and miss. I thought he would be a good signing. I would have prefer someone like Annan.

Nicko, is Jerome Anderson still at rovers in some role or has he left and move on and has nothing to do with rovers now? What the role of Kentaro now?

It was a polite question, no need to be abusive about it.

I don't know anything about Agnew so I was asking whether he would be looking to run the club from his own perspective or if Venky's would be looking to try and run things fairly directly with Agnew only being an intermediary and advisor.

It's a valid point and I am not trying to insinuate anything by it, just get a clearer picture of what the appointment would mean and I thought you might know, that's all.

It's not realistic to imagine that any appointment is going to be an 'independent thinker.'

It is an appointment to do what you are told...that is the case in all businesses.

Indeed, Blackpool are media darlings, willing to play on their "small club doing much better than they should" position .... That kind of relationship with the press must be hard to build.

..... Sorry, I'll behave.

It's no different than the media's favourites 'Appy 'Ammers getting away with the sham of non-relegation at the sake of generally dialiked and unfashionable Warnock lead Sheffield Utd.

Obviously they couldn't ignore the travesty of the situation altogether, but can you imagine if say Rovers had played an illegal player and west Ham had gone down? It would be in the prematch builds up still. Even the FA got in on that love-in with the "it wouldn't be fair on the fans".

Some clubs will get it from the press far more than others.

Leaving my personal feelings about PA aside. Big management decisions from Mrs Desia's team in Pune. Day to day management care of TF and the existing teams. Figurehead/Talking head bits by a PR guy and a new fresh PR team brought in to handle the club's PR. I could think of far worse set ups.

You mean grooby ?

The issue of backing the team and comparing it to bpool is wrong. We all support the club and love it but its a struggle seeing this happen.

Incidentally how are you currently rating kean and his pressers? You were quite supportive at first

Lee Grooby? No. Not heard that one.

I was stunned by the level of backing - and excitement - from the Blackpool end. I thought the Rovers fans were subdued and to turn on the manager was shameful. It got better in the second half.

I feel sorry for Steve Kean, but he's a big boy and can handle it. The penalty decision was shocking. There was only one winner until that point.

By the way, did Junior Hoilett ever play like that under Sam?

Nicko, is Jerome Anderson still at rovers in some role or has he left and move on and has nothing to do with rovers now? What the role of Kentaro now?

Role? He was advising the owners and had a hand in signing the players in January.

Got to say he was absent yesterday.

Kentaro did the deal to bring the owners to the club and are still tied in with them big-time.

I said before - but ignored because of the Anderson witch hunt - that Philippe Huber is the real big cheese in this thing. He is the major adviser in the whole thing.

Guest linganzi

I'm not convinced hoiletts improvement is down to kean

I'm not convinced with the striker rotation all the time

I'm not convinced about formica, he appears to have been forced upon us

Give it to Grooby, this farce has needed a crowning moment.

What was 'stunning' about the Blackpool fans? We did exactly the same at their place!

Blackpool fans were terrific yesterday. Backed their team all the way through. Seem to be enjoying life in the Premier League.

The Rovers away support may be as good. I haven't seen an away game for a while.

But there was one group up for yesterday and another one down.

Leaving my personal feelings about PA aside. Big management decisions from Mrs Desia's team in Pune. Day to day management care of TF and the existing teams. Figurehead/Talking head bits by a PR guy and a new fresh PR team brought in to handle the club's PR. I could think of far worse set ups.

I would agree - the PA for Chairman role only makes sense as a Pune gopher and a local rent-a-quote figurehead.

My feelings are coloured by him a) running a two-bob PR operation and B) having been a year below me in school - I still see him as a spotty oik!

I'm not convinced hoiletts improvement is down to kean

WHAT? KEAN PICKS HIM AND USES HIM PROPERLY. SAM DROPPED HIM DOUBLE-QUICK. NO DIFFERENCE...

I'm not convinced with the striker rotation all the time

AGREED. THE STRIKERS ARE PITIFULLY SHORT.

I'm not convinced about formica, he appears to have been forced upon us

I PREFER TO JUDGE PLAYERS AFTER THEY HAVE PLAYED. I CAN'T THINK OF ANYONE WHO IS HAPPY HE IS NOT FIT TO PLAY YET. APART FROM THOSE WHO LIKE CHEAP SHOTS.

Blackpool fans were terrific yesterday. Backed their team all the way through. Seem to be enjoying life in the Premier League.

Until the second half when they were more subdued than us in the first (understandably so due to the ridiculous refereeing), how do I know this, as I was sat in the Lower Darwen end bang smack in the middle right next to the Blackpool fans.

Where was you sat?

But there was one group up for yesterday and another one down.

And is it hardly a surprise with the amount of crap us as fans have had to put up with the past months since Venkys took over?

Guest linganzi

I would suspect hoilett would improve if u managed never mind kean

I'd like to give formica a fair crack but I can't see it happening. I wonder how much money that one made Anderson who I don't believe has been seen for a while

I was stunned by the level of backing - and excitement - from the Blackpool end. I thought the Rovers fans were subdued and to turn on the manager was shameful. It got better in the second half.

Know your audience Nicko. Away fans are always more vociferous. Packed together - all stood up for the whole match - with no recourse against their club.

Blackpool fans especially are living the dream right now. They won't back at most of these grounds for a good while after this season - well possibly Ewood(!) and A.N. Other.

Rovers fans on the whole do take a while to get going but that's been the same for years - save the odd Burnley game. Blackpool are not big rivals to Blackburn and yesterday was extremely nervous prior to kick off.

Blackpool on this other hand had and still have nothing to lose. I wish we had that luxury. Instead we have uncertainty for the fans, naivety (at best) from the management and absence of a proper chairman.

To hear that the Matchday progamme "opinion page" chap is being considered for the head of the club structure in a top professional club is difficult to understand. CEO of a lower league club? Paul Ince was a manager of one of those. It's completely different at this level - the Sky money has made sure of that.

So far, just about every decision taken by the new owners has seen us fall further in league standing and the in view of the footballing establishment including the press (which is a factor) - even you yourself, today, dismiss our owners as "the chicken farmers" in addition to all of your previous puns.

If it was any other club, we'd be splitting our sides - so forgive us if we don't cheer at news like this.

Rant over.

All that I will say is that I am stunned that PA is even being considered as chairman, I had heard the rumour a couple of weeks ago but didn't think much of it, yes he has some previous experience but NO ONE will ever convince me that he has better credentials than Tom Finn.

Nicko - I have a tremendous amount of respect for you, but have to say that thus far in my opinion the decisions making from Venky's has been extremely poor. I have no problems with them sacking Sam but they should have replaced him with an experienced manager, Kean my have the skills to become a good manager but the evidence thus far suggests that he is not ready to do so now. I have issues with John Williams going but again if that is what the owners wanted then fair enough, but to replace him with PA is just a farce when you have someone like Tom Finn at the club.

Until the second half when they were more subdued than us in the first (understandably so due to the ridiculous refereeing), how do I know this, as I was sat in the Lower Darwen end bang smack in the middle right next to the Blackpool fans.

Where was you sat?

In the press box.

Archived