BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers new Chairman - Who will it be?!

Hughesy

I was stunned by the level of backing - and excitement - from the Blackpool end. I thought the Rovers fans were subdued and to turn on the manager was shameful. It got better in the second half.

I feel sorry for Steve Kean, but he's a big boy and can handle it. The penalty decision was shocking. There was only one winner until that point.

By the way, did Junior Hoilett ever play like that under Sam?

The problem nicko, with respect, is that the fans can see that Kean isn't up to the job. The difference between Sam and Kean is that Sam knew how to grind out points. Kean seems like a rabbit caught in the headlights and seems unable to set out a team that is capable of winning matches. We are not bottom of the form table by accident. Whilst I appreciate that you are looking at the situation through the eyes of a journalist, I look at it though the eyes of a supporter of 50 years standing and I could weep when I look at what has happened to this club over the past few months.

The bottom line is Premier League survival for a club like the Rovers, and Blackpool, Bolton and Burnley for that matter, is always going to be a delicate balancing act. John William and Sam Allardyce both knew that. Sadly Mrs Desai doesn't appear to have any understanding of the situation that the Rovers are in. It will be interesting to see how Mrs. Desai views her investment if we are kicking off next season with a trip to Brighton. I'm not sure how many of these world stars they want to sign will fancy that!

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All that I will say is that I am stunned that PA is even being considered as chairman, I had heard the rumour a couple of weeks ago but didn't think much of it, yes he has some previous experience but NO ONE will ever convince me that he has better credentials than Tom Finn.

Nicko - I have a tremendous amount of respect for you, but have to say that thus far in my opinion the decisions making from Venky's has been extremely poor. I have no problems with them sacking Sam but they should have replaced him with an experienced manager, Kean my have the skills to become a good manager but the evidence thus far suggests that he is not ready to do so now. I have issues with John Williams going but again if that is what the owners wanted then fair enough, but to replace him with PA is just a farce when you have someone like Tom Finn at the club.

I couldn't agree more with you about Tom Finn. Great guy and a massive rovers fan.

I was a massive fan of Big Sam. wish we still have him as manager.

The one man I didn't want to go was John Williams. great man and excellent Chairman for us. I just don't get appointing a PR guy as Chairman

Blackpool fans were terrific yesterday. Backed their team all the way through. Seem to be enjoying life in the Premier League.

The Rovers away support may be as good. I haven't seen an away game for a while.

But there was one group up for yesterday and another one down.

maybe in the first half, but the second half you could hardly hear the blackpool fans. it is like that at most grounds any way were the away fans get behind there team more

All that I will say is that I am stunned that PA is even being considered as chairman, I had heard the rumour a couple of weeks ago but didn't think much of it, yes he has some previous experience but NO ONE will ever convince me that he has better credentials than Tom Finn.

Nicko - I have a tremendous amount of respect for you, but have to say that thus far in my opinion the decisions making from Venky's has been extremely poor. I have no problems with them sacking Sam but they should have replaced him with an experienced manager, Kean my have the skills to become a good manager but the evidence thus far suggests that he is not ready to do so now. I have issues with John Williams going but again if that is what the owners wanted then fair enough, but to replace him with PA is just a farce when you have someone like Tom Finn at the club.

If you look at the job description then Agnew is a pretty fair fit.

The club is run from India. The team is run from Brockhall. Ewood now is just a centre for administration.

Policy will come from the owners. Carrying it out needs to be done by someone on the spot.

There were definite clashes to this new arrangement under John Williams. Anyone part of that 'side' of the debate is unlikely to become the liaison man in the middle.

You get teething problems when there is a takeover.

The trouble is that when it happens in mid-season things appear worse and need to be handled properly.

I think Steve Kean will make a manager. He is learning and not getting much luck.

It is easy to say Big Sam would have got things sorted out. He was also working with his hands tied behind his back. There is no guarantee that he would have had better results.

And it is a total certainty that Rovers would be in the same hole if the previous owners had still been in charge and signing no-one in the window.

The trouble is that when it happens in mid-season things appear worse and need to be handled properly.

I think Steve Kean will make a manager. He is learning and not getting much luck.

It is easy to say Big Sam would have got things sorted out. He was also working with his hands tied behind his back. There is no guarantee that he would have had better results.

And it is a total certainty that Rovers would be in the same hole if the previous owners had still been in charge and signing no-one in the window.

:blink:

The problem nicko, with respect, is that the fans can see that Kean isn't up to the job. The difference between Sam and Kean is that Sam knew how to grind out points. Kean seems like a rabbit caught in the headlights and seems unable to set out a team that is capable of winning matches. We are not bottom of the form table by accident. Whilst I appreciate that you are looking at the situation through the eyes of a journalist, I look at it though the eyes of a supporter of 50 years standing and I could weep when I look at what has happened to this club over the past few months.

The bottom line is Premier League survival for a club like the Rovers, and Blackpool, Bolton and Burnley for that matter, is always going to be a delicate balancing act. John William and Sam Allardyce both knew that. Sadly Mrs Desai doesn't appear to have any understanding of the situation that the Rovers are in. It will be interesting to see how Mrs. Desai views her investment if we are kicking off next season with a trip to Brighton. I'm not sure how many of these world stars they want to sign will fancy that!

I will comment on the game I saw yesterday...

Kean came out with a plan to get at their centre halves and keeper with high balls and set-pieces. It was working as Blackpool could not get out until they were given a penalty and then scored from a free kick.

To be fair, he stuck with that plan in the second half and it brought two goals.

So, that is actually a plus on the day.

My main concern is that he chops and changes his team a bit too much. But he will know more about the reasons for that - form and fitness - than you or I.

You can only play with the cards you have. Rovers have been short of creation in midfield for a couple of years. The strikers are hit and miss. The main men are still the two centre halves.

The bonus is Hoilett who is playing and excelling under Kean.

It would be ironic if he was the player who saved your asses.

Who would be the clever manager then?

The club is run from India. The team is run from Brockhall. Ewood now is just a centre for administration.

Policy will come from the owners. Carrying it out needs to be done by someone on the spot.

There were definite clashes to this new arrangement under John Williams. Anyone part of that 'side' of the debate is unlikely to become the liaison man in the middle.

Wasn't it Napoleon who said _ " If I can't have a good general give me a lucky general " looks to me at the moment we've got neither.

I will comment on the game I saw yesterday...

Kean came out with a plan to get at their centre halves and keeper with high balls and set-pieces. It was working as Blackpool could not get out until they were given a penalty and then scored from a free kick.

To be fair, he stuck with that plan in the second half and it brought two goals.

So, that is actually a plus on the day.

My main concern is that he chops and changes his team a bit too much. But he will know more about the reasons for that - form and fitness - than you or I.

You can only play with the cards you have. Rovers have been short of creation in midfield for a couple of years. The strikers are hit and miss. The main men are still the two centre halves.

The bonus is Hoilett who is playing and excelling under Kean.

It would be ironic if he was the player who saved your asses.

Who would be the clever manager then?

I believe that Hoilett would have excelled under Sam, but probably in a slightly different role. Having watched every game, home and away under Kean apart from Fulham, I can only say that you clearly have more faith in him than I do. The performance of the team at Villa the other week was as poor a display as I can remember from a Rovers team. As I said, we are not bottom of the form table by accident. I agree that we are desperately short in midfield, but then Kean had January to sort that problem out. He also had money to spend, which Sam didn't. He brought in Jones who, I would agree with you, is hit and miss. As for Formica, it was the manager's decision to sign a player who he knew would take several weeks to attain match fitness. There were other options available but he chose Formica and must live with that decision.

As for Santa Cruz, I think the guy is a decent player but requires a certain type of service. At the moment, the way Kean sets up the team, he is never going to get that service and it's fairly pointless having him in the team. At Villa he was left isolated and had to go looking for the ball in his own half.

I found it ironic that the type of football that brought us back into the game yesterday was exactly the type of football that Mrs. Desai, that font of all knowledge with regard to football, slated Sam for.

It might be easy to say that Big Sam would have had us safe by now but that doesn't make it anyless true. Kean has gained two points from the last six games. If we are to have any hope of surviving he will need to find at least eight points from the last eight games and on paper they would appear to be much harder than the previous six games. Is it any wonder that supporters are worried about the future. I now know how Burnley fans felt when Coyle was replaced by Laws.

You seem to be describing, what I would call, a puppet chairman role...

...yet we are supposed to believe that Kean is not a puppet manager?

Indeed, Blackpool are media darlings, willing to play on their "small club doing much better than they should" position .... That kind of relationship with the press must be hard to build.

..... Sorry, I'll behave.

Good job Vinjay cant reply to this Glenn.

I wouldn't be surprise if they sold us in the summer

Based on what Chaddy?

Archived