BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Road to Ewood

Just completed my first season in charge of Benfica. Completed the domestic treble and sadly I lost in the final of the Europa Cup :(

One thing I have learnt this season is that when you are in a league like Portugal you can play the youngsters and the 2nd string players who would not normally play.

I am in two minds if I should stay with Benfica or move to a larger league.

I have just taken the Mexico job my first international job.

• 2 weeks later...

My 2nd season was a complete and utter nightmare. Due to me thinking I was too good for the Portuguese league I quit Benfica and just took the Mexican International managers job. As this was my first international job. I did not realize there are massive breaks between the games. You are offered the choice to go and watch teams play football so you can see your players. But really there is nothing to do so I took the Malaga job as they were in a strong league Spain. Next time I will check the team I take over as well as the team was shocking and no chance of me staying in the top league. So I put the game on holiday and let the 2nd season finish. No surprise to me at all Malaga were relegated. So my second season was the exact opposite of the first season and real wake up call.

My 3rd season I was still with Malaga. Due to me selling the best players they had the squad were extremely unhappy with me. But I brought in new players at least as good as the players I sold for way less money and the wages were peanuts compared to the other players. I managed to get Joe Hart on loan for Man City, he certainly proved at the start of the season what a top keeper he is. With low moral in the squad early results were difficult to come by. But bit by bit we started to win games and moral improved. We were knocked out of the Spanish Cup in the first round that was fine as all I wanted to do was get Malaga promoted as Champions. After struggling for most of the time Malaga were postioned 6th in the League as the transfer window opened. I sold supposedly Malaga's best striker but in truth he was just a lazy so and so. Then I bought Daniel Villalva and boy what a signing he was.

Screenshot2011-03-02at151054.png

I got a message from David say he was happy to leave Riverplate as he did not get along with the manager. He obviously took his frustration out on the opposition has he preceded to destroy everyone.

Screenshot2011-03-02at151124.png

He played 30 games scored 33 goals and 14 assists total goal machine and picked up the Top Goal scored of the Season.

Needless to say with Villalva banging in the goals it was not long before Malaga was rocketing up the league. The Malaga record books were also rewritten in the record breaking season.

Screenshot2011-03-02at153820.png

Win 14 games in a row and undefeated in 30 meant only one thing.

Screenshot2011-03-02at152235.png

During this season I turned down the following clubs, West Ham, Porto and Roma. I was tempted to go to Roma as they offered £28 Million as transfer budget. But I have so many excellent youngsters I wanted to stay and see what happens to the team in La Liga.

I have played one game in my 4th season and as I thought this season is going to be a long and hard struggle as long as I can keep Malaga in La Liga I will be happy.

• 2 weeks later...

WOW what a season.

After a loosing my first game in La Liga I was able to guide Malaga to the heady heights of 5th in the league. Now the job offers were coming in thick and fast but I wanted to see what I could do with Malaga. Back to back games against Real Madrid and Valencia were one and Malaga moved up to 3rd in the league. Scoring goals for fun but I was starting to worry that I had a very small squad and players were becoming tired.

I also noticed that Rovers were in the Chumpionship with Shearer being the Manager. Blackburn remained out side the top 6 all season and are due to start their 2ns season in the Chumpionship :( To make things worse a certain team who play in Claret were promoted via the play offs :wacko:

Just before Christmas I hit a rocky patch in the game were the games started to come thick and fast and I was unable to rest players to get them back to full fitness. The board also started to complain that the league position was not good enough. Since we were in 11th in our first season back in La Liga when we were one of the favourites to be religated this really annoyed me. :angry:

So I resigned and entered the job market I was with out a job between late November and the 1st of Feb when Inter came calling. £56K a week and £48M to spend of transfers. I was dreaming of rebuilding the team and leading them to glory. One slight problem the transfer window has already shut :blush:

But that did not stop me from turning things around at Inter. They were 7th in the league and only 5 points off top spot. Once again I changed to the formation give to me by SparkysRovers and the training as well.

The results started to turn as soon as I took over after one week of the players complaining that they were not in an high enough position a 7-0 victory put them in good spirits. Some how I managed to beat Barca in the Champions League Quarter Final and then got a very nice draw of Ajax in the Semi Final who were hammered 7-1 on aggregate. But it was not to be and I and the team suffered heartbreak loosing to Real Madrid on pens :(

But I was able to win Serea A on the last day of the season so all in all a good season, even if I am still not the manager of Blackburn Rovers.

Archived