BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shefki Kuqi returns to the Premier League.

JMillZz

Will never forget his display against Manu when we won 4-3. He absolutely terrified Ferdinand and Co. Never a Premier league striker, we signed him for nothing and sold him for 2.5M!

Up there as one of the best bits of business we ever did.

I wish him good luck after this weekend.

He won't be wearing the number 9 shirt as Carroll already wore that this season.

Formica is our new number 10 and Diouf wore that this season!!!!

Has a knack of scoring goals albeit often unintentionally and without doubt one of the worst footballers I have seen in a Rovers shirt. In fact I'm not sure if he is a footballer because he lacks the basic ball control skills and traps the ball farther than alot of players can kick it. Makes you wonder how he made it into the professional ranks in the first place.

Newcastle fans are in for a treat.

Remember him scoring some decent goals though, header away at Boro? Also great run and cross for Gamst's wonder strike against Fulham. Don't remember much else apart from the epic celebration with the corner flag at St James Park !

Interesting how good we were that season with Bellamy as the only real Premiership quality striker (Kuqi, Dickov and Pongolle on loan) - evidence of how good our midfield actually was back then?! :(

Has a knack of scoring goals albeit often unintentionally and without doubt one of the worst footballers I have seen in a Rovers shirt. In fact I'm not sure if he is a footballer because he lacks the basic ball control skills and traps the ball farther than alot of players can kick it. Makes you wonder how he made it into the professional ranks in the first place.

League goals in Rover shirt:

Kuqi:

34 matches and 7 goals

Nikola Kalinić:

40 matches and 6 goals

...so he can't play football, but is better finisher than Nikola :P

First bolded section gives an answer to the second one.

Shocked at this move to be honest, but best of luck to the big man (Saturday excluded, of course), he was always a trier. There's only one f in Shefki.

Lol, how desperate are Newcastle?. He's not even good enough for a championship club.

Oh how the mighty (in their own heads) have fallen!

There are some great songs cropping up on a Newcastle site. Think 'That's Amore' by Dean Martin, but with the song going on about Pardew having it away with Mrs. Kuqi when Shefki is playing.

just reading them now, hilarious!, do you think the swear filter might be broken on that site?. :D

Bit like Tommy Briggs then; he was no footballer but he could score goals without trying.

There are some players who have been with Rovers who I have really enjoyed, regardless of their ability.

Players who are not world beaters but try their guts out for the club.

Shefki Kuqi is one of them.

I think the toon army will get a pleasant surprise.

Archived