Arsenal (A)- Loss, 0 points

Birmingham (H)- Draw, 1 point

Everton (A)- Loss, 0 points

Man City (H)- Loss, 0 points

Bolton(H)- Win, 3 points

West Ham (A)- Draw, 1 point

Man Utd (H)- Loss, 0 points

Wolves (A)- Draw, 1 point

9 points from the next 11, or a total of 41 points. This would not endear Kean to me in the slightest and I would be hoping that someone more qualified was brought in during the summer.

At my less pessimistic I would have Fulham and Everton down as draws (2 more points) and Big City, West Ham and Wolves for wins (6 more points) for a possible total tally of 49 points. Which would not be too shabby and would likely cause me to reconsider my opinion of Kean.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at the last eleven games as pessimistically as possible I can't honestly see us getting less than a bare minimum of a point a game giving us 43 points and a relatively comfortable position.

However under he who must not be mentioned we were on course for about 47 points at the same rate of return as the first seventeen games so anything substantially less than that would be progress in the wrong direction.

just got to ensure, that at the very least we pick up a point in our next 2 games. we also got to concede less goals, as it could come down to goal difference. i think we will be fine, but we should never have found ourselves in this position.

Stop the drama?

Do me a favour! If we had kept the club's infrastructure in place till May, there is not a chance we would be even discussing this.

So stupidly reckless, anyone with Rovers best interests at heart should see this.

True but we did not and we are were we are no. Unless you have a DeLorean and can go back in time and tell Venkey's to keep BFS there is nothing we can do.

This is my prediction

Villa (A)- Loss, 0 points

Fulham (A)- Win, 3 points

Blackpool (H)- Win, 3 points

Arsenal (A)- Loss, 0 points

Birmingham (H)- Win, 3 points

Everton (A)- Loss, 0 points

Man City (H)- Draw, 1 points

Bolton(H)- Win, 3 points

West Ham (A)- Draw, 1 point

Man Utd (H)- Loss, 0 points

Wolves (A)- Draw, 1 point

I think with the inroduction of Rochina and Formica in the coming weeks will have a positive effect on the team and we will do well. Just hope Im right!!

Stop the drama?

Do me a favour! If we had kept the club's infrastructure in place till May, there is not a chance we would be even discussing this.

So stupidly reckless, anyone with Rovers best interests at heart should see this.

:blink: Really? Did we not discuss this ALL last season too?? I seem to think we did.....

Wake up - our squad is where it is, because it has had serious lack of investment in the last 3 years - players of the quality such as Roberts, Andrews, Chimbonda, Grella, Benjani etc. We are heading in the right direction in terms of replacing poorer players - its just that change takes time....and people are scared of change.

We will be fine - no worries!

Stop the drama?

:blink: Really? Did we not discuss this ALL last season too?? I seem to think we did.....

Interesting that you didnt really have a response to this bit.... :blush:

I'm looking at the three Bs for the nine points we need - Blackpool, Bolton and Birmingham are vital games. The last three look an absolute nightmare with those teams desperate for points for differing reasons or playing with the freedom of knowing they are already champions or relegated.

I'm planning to be at Wolves if we need a point or three

Funnily enough I looked at the games before the Liverpool game and picked these 3 as being the essentials if we could get a result against Liverpool with possible draw at Wigan and a possible win out of the Spurs or Newcastle game.

Considering we didn't get anything after the Liverpool game (WBA was predicted)quite obviously puts us in a worse position IMO, however with many teams in the same boat and to play each other luckily or not we should be able to just get over that line - but we must make sure our home form is the one that does it.

Its in our own hands really - always difficult to predict with the wins so prefer the idea of picking up points - will always be a case of 'guess work' due to the unpredictability of football and other contributory factors - but at least its a safety guideline to help fans get through it.

Villa (A) - (0/1?) possible - chance of 1 - more likely to lose - me 0

Fulham (A) - (1/0?) - should be at least 1 - more likely to lose - me 0

Blackpool (H) (3/0?) - should win but open to a loss - me 3

Arsenal (A) - 0 points - no chance - me 0

Birmingham (H) -(3/1) - should win but brum capable of draw - me 3

Everton (A) - (0/1/3) - possible - Jekyll and Hyde teams but more likely to end in a defeat - me 0

Man City (H) - (0/1/3) - possible - depends on what Rovers team turns up and Citeh's position - me 1

Bolton(H) - (3/1/0)- should be 3 -but as with Brum not lobs capable of forcing a draw - me 3

West Ham (A)(0/1) - should be at least one - but bogey side and more likely to lose - me 0

Man Utd (H) -(1/0) anything possible - hopefully Utd will have already won the league if they are going to win it - me 0

Wolves (A) - (0/1/3) anything possible depending on situation for both teams -likely to end in a draw or defeat - me 0

10 PTS - realistic? - should be enough but we need to raise ourself above that bar we have that I keep referring to, that IMO only us as a team don't seem to be able to get over for any particular match

Last season after Man City I was starting to worry, however we had a manager that had seen it and done it and starting with the Fulham game the week after we sped away from the bottom and had an excellent final few months of the season.

This season is entirely different, we have a ultra competitive league with no clubs adrift and we have a rookie manager at the helm.

Guest linganzi

I'm slightly concerned. Kean lacks the experience Sam had.

But we really ought to beat bpool bham and,voting whatever

However we really ought to beat Newcastle

I'm slightly concerned. Kean lacks the experience Sam had.

But we really ought to beat bpool bham and,voting whatever

However we really ought to beat Newcastle

Results since Kean has take over have been pathetic. WBA twice and Liverpool who were in free fall. Played off the park by both Villa (FA Cup) and Sunderland. The next game against Villa is very important, as currently we have taken 10 points out of a possible 30. Time for Kean to put up or shut up as far as I am concerned.

Results since Kean has take over have been pathetic. WBA twice and Liverpool who were in free fall.

If we're such a shambles, it would've been a great time for those teams to play us.

The fact is we played very well in those games, especially as an attacking force. Kean needs to draw on those performances, because it feels like he's lost sight of his best 11.

Played off the park by both Villa (FA Cup)

Did Sam do any better?

my prediction

Villa (A)- 0 points

Fulham (A)- 3 points

Blackpool (H)- 3 points

Arsenal (A)- 0 points

Birmingham (H)- 1 points

Everton (A)- 0 points

Man City (H)- 0 points

Bolton(H)- 3 points

West Ham (A)- 1 point

Man Utd (H)- 0 points

Wolves (A)- 3 point

14 points, so total will be 46 points :D

my prediction

Villa (A)- 0 points

Fulham (A)- 3 points

Blackpool (H)- 3 points

Arsenal (A)- 0 points

Birmingham (H)- 1 points

Everton (A)- 0 points

Man City (H)- 0 points

Bolton(H)- 3 points

West Ham (A)- 1 point

Man Utd (H)- 0 points

Wolves (A)- 3 point

14 points, so total will be 46 points :D

10 points and 42.

Couple of stats to throw in there

* People moan about Newcastle but its worth noting that away from home they have gained 15 pts, which is more than anyone outside the top 5 (except Blackpool 17pts)

* At home - Rovers have the best defence outside the top 5 - with only Stoke scoring more than 1 at Ewood under Kean (2)

* Of those teams below us - only 1 has won more away games (Blackpool - and they seem to be on a downward spiral)

* Of our remaining 6 away games - only 1 is from a team inside the top 11 teams

The way I see it is that its still well within our own hands and we have more than enough winnable games to play. Out of our remaining 11 games there is only 1 game where I do not think a point will be possible - Arsenal away.

• Backroom

Everyone seems to think 3 points against Bolton is a foregone conclusion.. I don't.. have you seen Bolton play recently? if we carry on the way we are they will come to Ewood and walk away with 3 points.

Archived