BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Phil Jones

I'm wondering whether he'll come straight back into the team when fit. Wasn't he dropped and subsequently injured having come on as a Sub?

Is he a shoe in for the deepest MF of the diamond? Where does that leave J Jones, seemingly Kean's favourite new player.

Or, will we change our formation around our best player (P Jones) and play 4 in Midfield with Dunn/Formica sitting behind RSC?

RSC

Formica/Dunn

Olsson J Jones P Jones Jr.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a lot of doubts regarding Venky's approach on various issues.

However, when it comes to signing up our existing talent on long term deals, that is EXACTLY what a club like ours should be doing.

Keeps players happy and the club secure that maximum fees can be extracted if necessary.

Am I being naive? Seems to me a good sign that Venky's see merit in JW's long held policy.

chill u lot ! phil jones has signed ! we got get junior to do the same !! let's concentrate on supporting our team to remain in prem and pray that venkys improve our club ! I want to believe that venkys bought the club not only as a business to develop but a genuine interest in football . Indian economy on the up and they genuinely like footy also ! I'm going to goa at Easter and proudly taking my shirt and rovers beach towel this year , wey hey !!

So the PM I had off a Member on here saying that Jones was off, that Robinson, Nelsen and Samba were all being sold and that we had signed Warnock back for £3m was all a load of rubbish..... well there's a shock!!

Inside info my arse!!

You are totally deluded if you want to believe that Ricky.

I think we can guess where Ricky's 'inside info' came from :lol:

BANG goes another theory!! Samba was to be sold! Jones was to be sold! Nelsen wanted out, we would spend no more than £5m - inc wages, etc etc!!! :rolleyes:

a rare piece of very good news on this board which has become that bogged down in pathetic points scoring, I rarely bother to read and/or post these days :brfc:

Likewise.

The quality of posts on this board has nosedived over the last few months and makes pretty miserable reading these days.

The same people pecking at each other on every thread is tiring.

I think we can guess where Ricky's 'inside info' came from :lol:

BANG goes another theory!! Samba was to be sold! Jones was to be sold! Nelsen wanted out, we would spend no more than £5m - inc wages, etc etc!!! :rolleyes:

Captain Credibility.

Why do you have such a hardon for Philip at the moment?

I thought rumour and inuendo were yours, and a lot if others, bread and butter. Phillip is just supplying the demand, controversy wise.

I find it immensely entertaining.

Phil Jones should be back for the Blackpool game.

There might be an interview with Phil in the papers/Sky sometime between now and the end of the week. Could be Saturday. Apparently, don't expect a lot but it should be about his return and the U21's...

Phil Jones should be back for the Blackpool game.

There might be an interview with Phil in the papers/Sky sometime between now and the end of the week. Could be Saturday. Apparently, don't expect a lot but it should be about his return and the U21's...

On Radio Lancs earlier he said he would hope to be competing for a place next month.

• 2 weeks later...

Jones said on twitter he may be in the squad for the blackpool game

Both pleased and worried. Pleased in that I want Jones back. Worried in that I don't want him rushed back merely because one or two persons may be feeling pressure.

Archived