BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Aston Villa Vs Blackburn Rovers

roversmum

So you believe sacking a proven premier league manager and appointing a no-one, just before a very important run of games is a good idea just because he 'has to start somewhere.' This football club was nearly relegated under Ince two years ago and it took a top manager to come in and keep us up... having developed us into a 10th placed team and semi-finalists in the league cup, he was sacked for no reason whatsoever and replaced with Kean.

He was only appointed because he is an SEM/Kentaro client, and because he is a spineless @#/? and he agrees with everything Venkys and JA say.

Why would I ever want him as manager? Those players were pathetic yesterday and they have given up.. there is no manager at this club, and were a sinking ship. But hey, he had to start somewhere!! :angry2:

I didn't agree with sacking Sam mid-season - I was surprised as anyone when they made Kean the permanent manager. His reason for sacking was probably his style of play - and how this portrayed Rovers in the media - so I think there was a reason, but the timing was awful.

The rest of your post is supposition - he was definitely in the right place at the right time - his agent having a direct line to the Venky's will have helped - but why else have an agent if not to help your career ? How the **** do you know he is spineless - how do you know he agrees to everything the Venky's say ? :angry2:

I didn't see yesterdays match - and couldn't face watching football first or match of the day - but prior to yesterday I wouldn't say that he had lost the dressing room - or that they weren't putting in the effort.

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't agree with sacking Sam mid-season - I was surprised as anyone when they made Kean the permanent manager. His reason for sacking was probably his style of play - and how this portrayed Rovers in the media - so I think there was a reason, but the timing was awful.

You think Mrs D knew about Sam's style of play, really? Don't forget, he was sacked after three weeks and at that time Mrs D said it had been their intention to sack Allardyce for some time. I'm afraid, as far as I can see, he was sacked because he didn't fit in with the plan. Kean obviously does.

I am repeating myself but if you break footballs golden rules you'll always fail. Pick a winning side. Pick your best team. Don't change a winning side. Never play players not good enough.

Keen has broken all of these and the euphoria of Liverpool and West Brom has been lost as Keen has rotated unnecessarily and constantly. He has rotated selecting regularly poor players, Selgado, Roberts, Andrews, Grella, Benjani who will never be good enough. You pick the Roberts and Selgados of this world, you go down.

Confidence is shattered. Disorganisation the rule of thumb in a forest of confusing tactics and bizare selections. Keen is showing he doesn't understand the job and is making a dogs breakfast of it.

You think Mrs D knew about Sam's style of play, really? Don't forget, he was sacked after three weeks and at that time Mrs D said it had been their intention to sack Allardyce for some time. I'm afraid, as far as I can see, he was sacked because he didn't fit in with the plan. Kean obviously does.

I did say that it was our media image - you don't have to read too much sporting press to get an idea of the type of football we used to play under Sam. As you say didn't fit into the plan - which was to increase our profile in India and subsequently revenue streams for the club and subsequently Venky's profile.

Sam getting sacked for style of play is a ridiculous excuse made up to cover up the real excuse for his sacking. We had actually begun playing decent football following their takeover (and even for a brief period before), starting with the Chelsea game. People had been disappointed at that point that we had regressed in style following the brilliant end to the previous season, but Sam then had the team pick up again and put in some excellent performances, including that very unfortunate defeat against Bolton.

The painful truth is that at the moment, I feel like we DESERVE to go down. I still don't think we will, but by all means we should be on a steep plunge straight to the Championship. The poor performances, the lack of effort, the managerial inexperience and the naive decision-making surrounding our club right now is nothing short of embarrassing. I'm watching teams like Birmingham and Stoke with their experienced, tactically-clever managers in charge and I envy them because they've built strong, hard-working teams with a manager at the helm who knows what he's doing and can point them in the right direction.

Simply put, we don't deserve anything right now and that, more than anything, is the truly tragic thing right now.

• Backroom

I can't argue with most of that Mikey but the defeat at Bolton wasn't unfortunate it was inept, mainly down to the players though.

No point rewriting the past.

I am repeating myself but if you break footballs golden rules you'll always fail. Pick a winning side. Pick your best team. Don't change a winning side. Never play players not good enough.

Keen has broken all of these and the euphoria of Liverpool and West Brom has been lost as Keen has rotated unnecessarily and constantly. He has rotated selecting regularly poor players, Selgado, Roberts, Andrews, Grella, Benjani who will never be good enough. You pick the Roberts and Selgados of this world, you go down.

Confidence is shattered. Disorganisation the rule of thumb in a forest of confusing tactics and bizare selections. Keen is showing he doesn't understand the job and is making a dogs breakfast of it.

Salgado was not a poor player till Kean turned up. He was one of our best players.

Salgado was not a poor player till Kean turned up. He was one of our best players.

Anyone who says Salgado is a bad player has either been watching Rovers for about 5 games, or is being very unfair. He is one of our best players. Unfortunately age is against him and a player of that age should be rested when necessary. Playing him in every game and expecting him at peak performance every match is expecting too much.

Should we really expect a 37 year old in the fastest league in the world playing every game for a poor team to look any good?

Anyone who says Salgado is a bad player has either been watching Rovers for about 5 games, or is being very unfair. He is one of our best players. Unfortunately age is against him and a player of that age should be rested when necessary. Playing him in every game and expecting him at peak performance every match is expecting too much.

Should we really expect a 37 year old in the fastest league in the world playing every game for a poor team to look any good?

I think it's debatable. He has some great touches but I find he is often our weakness due to lack of pace and isn't the best actual defender. Good going forward though. I saw it all along even whilst under Sam. Matter of personal opinion though.

its not just the manager, its also his number two, and three, that need to go back to their normal jobs aswell.

I agree that we need a new manager and support staff. I don't believe it will get better and we are at the cusp of not having the oppportunity to restore a semblance of performance.

Paid Aston Villa way too much respect today.

in my opinion both Kean and Jensen need to go NOW before its to late.kalinic should of started he has a very good record against villa. only positive for me was Robbo.

Yes. They were a sqaud that I believe we would have beaten with an experienced, canny manager. I don't believe Steve Kean is that man.

I doubt Jerome Anderson would be entrusted again after finding us two duds.

Is it fair to label them duds? I thought the reports were indicating they were doing very well in training and getting their fitness to the point of being useful.

I can't argue with most of that Mikey but the defeat at Bolton wasn't unfortunate it was inept, mainly down to the players though.

No point rewriting the past.

Fair enough, I can agree with that. I thought we did well in terms of chances, but as was rightly pointed out by the manager, the defending was indeed inept.

Offer him enough money and a chance of publically cutting the throats of Anderson and Keane and Allardyces desire for retribution and revenge over those two would surely overcome his pride. Problem is the Injuns will possess impossible pride too.

I'm afraid any replacement will be of the ilk of Megson or Laws... and only then if we catch them at a weak moment. :(

Not much to say on this game... Poor as they get but from initial line up with half our defence out and no fit creative midfielders this was lost before it started and the players seemed to think the same.

Do not get the tactics, don't get the selections and can't understand Formica at least not getting a spot on the bench.

I am curious... Who do we play in def if say samba is injured, nelson suspended and givet has a nagging injury?

The bit that worries me most is injuries, they keep stacking up.. Like any companies morale is often a factor in sickness levels.

Positives.... We where missing half our first team and all creative players(so at least it was not a performance from our best team), jj and niko had half decent games, we are still above relegation zone and it has to be clear to owners things need to change....

Guest CAMVENKYS

Here in cambodia we get every game live,watched it saturday night and i thought it was a poor display,watched again last night at home,and how pedersen was offered a new contract is beyond me,how andrews has been picked by four managers during his stay at ewood is beyond me.santa cruz was a bad signing look at sturridge.

Disagree on salgado he just has not had the cover... We have how many right sided midfielders?

We have not been able to pick the sides of the pool and WBA games due too injurys so he is forced into breaking golden rules...

Not defending Kean tactics and selections IMO have been wrong... But his forced changes seem to be growing weekly.

Here in cambodia we get every game live,watched it saturday night and i thought it was a poor display,watched again last night at home,and how pedersen was offered a new contract is beyond me,how andrews has been picked by four managers during his stay at ewood is beyond me.santa cruz was a bad signing look at sturridge.

welcome to the board.

I agree pedersen is awful, weak and constantly loses possesion, Andrews is a farce.

Mr. Gamst received a new contract because he can provide more assists with his arse than Andreas can with his well used pointer finger on the bomb release button of a carpet bombing of footballs from a fleet of Wellington bombers.

He is a confidence player and did well at the beginning of the season under Sam. Guidafi is more in touch with reality at this present time than anyone who assumes that there is anything less than abject terror of the next match in our squad currently - never mind bloody confidence.

I did say that it was our media image - you don't have to read too much sporting press to get an idea of the type of football we used to play under Sam. As you say didn't fit into the plan - which was to increase our profile in India and subsequently revenue streams for the club and subsequently Venky's profile.

Doubt Mrs D read any sporting press - and that wasn't the plan I'm talking about. I'm talking about the plan that was put forward as a selling point [not needing to say who was selling, as we all now know who that was] that wouldn't appeal to any established manager.

I am totally surprised how no-one picked up on the basic fact villa played yesterday with a makeshift back 4 and how Kean had no tactical nous to think they were there for the taking apart from Dunne the rest of their defence was substandard reserve players and with a better lineup & 2 strikers they were there to be beaten. I have to say I felt quite sorry for Nelsen after the week he has had,Santa feeding off scraps as JJ hardly ever got forward & Hanley for that unlucky own goal the rest need to hold their head in shame especially Julie for trying to do a Ronaldo near his own area I'm just wishing we accepted the bid when Fulham were daft enough to offer 2M now we are probably stuck with him maybe we could get Ince to take him back I hear he has always been a sandwich short of a picnic!.

Very good point- we were thrashed in the dug out more than on the pitch.

I just hope the Venky brothers watched the other games this weekend.

Apart from Blackpool they would have seen the clubs beneath us:

West Ham play Liverpool off the park

Birmingham give Arsenal problems, should have had a penalty and been playing ten men and won nonetheless

Wolves thrash Blackpool

Fulham have the best of things away to City

Everton draw at Newcastle

and of course Villa thrashed us.

If you throw in Blackpool beating Spurs midweek, there are only ourselves, West Brom and Wigan (who put 4 past us) playing badly at present.

This is terrifying- relegation by our new owners and Jerome Anderson looms.

Very good point- we were thrashed in the dug out more than on the pitch.

I just hope the Venky brothers watched the other games this weekend.

Apart from Blackpool they would have seen the clubs beneath us:

West Ham play Liverpool off the park

Birmingham give Arsenal problems, should have had a penalty and been playing ten men and won nonetheless

Wolves thrash Blackpool

Fulham have the best of things away to City

Everton draw at Newcastle

and of course Villa thrashed us.

If you throw in Blackpool beating Spurs midweek, there are only ourselves, West Brom and Wigan (who put 4 past us) playing badly at present.

This is terrifying- relegation by our new owners and Jerome Anderson looms.

While I agree with most of this, I'm not sure where the Jerome Anderson comment fits. Can you explain it?

Everything our new owners do is advised by Jerome Anderson.

His football reputation is getting an absolute shellacking out of this debacle from what I am hearing. Apparently he rather fancies himself as a bit of a backroom football boss and of course we are the victims.

Everything our new owners do is advised by Jerome Anderson.

His football reputation is getting an absolute shellacking out of this debacle from what I am hearing. Apparently he rather fancies himself as a bit of a backroom football boss and of course we are the victims.

......and so it should be, nows the time to give this guy a personal hammering and strike while the iron is hot as we've nothing to lose. Put this guy to the sword and finish him.

from all Rovers fans allover the world.

Anyone see similarities between Jerome Anderson and the character Justin Timberlake plays in Social network?

Jumps on the bandwaggon.....gets his foot in the door then starts back stabbing people and ripping people off? sound familiar?

If you havent seen the film please ignore...or watch it! :lol:

Archived