BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Aston Villa Vs Blackburn Rovers

roversmum

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

most of the teams who signed players in January, have played those players by now already. Im not even sure, that based on all this, that its been that great a transfer window after all.

Im still going to remain positive, and say 1-0 win for Rovers. RSC with the goal.

To be fair you cant just throw 2 young signings in at the deep end who are new to the league, we need to build their fitness and confidence then put them in when the time is right.

Who do we throw them in against then? Surely seeing how they do in a game that noone expects us to win takes any pressure off them?

Come the Blackpool game (by when I don't see us having any more points), I see even less confidence in the squad than what is currently on show.

And I'm an optimist.

Here's a novel idea, how about playing them when they are ready?

I can't believe people expect a ready-made Argentinian playmaker and a ready-made, skilful striker from Barcelona for less than £5 million.

These lads will take time, obviously patience is in short supply on here. Throwing them in when they are not ready will benefit nobody.

• Moderation Lead

Hopefully no Hoilett means we'll not play a diamond formation.

Robinson

Salgado Samba Nelsen Givet

Emerton Dunn Jones Olsson

Santa Cruz Kalinic

I'd probably go with that.

With Hoilett absent, I doubt we could go stronger than that. I was hopeful that we would see Formica when Dunn gets knackered on the hour, but looks like he Formica and Rochina may be involved against Fulham next time out instead.

I'd happily take a point now, can't see us taking anything I'm afraid. Glad to see Givet available, I just hope we avoid the glaringly obvious issues from the last few games ie Salgado being isolated and hammered for pace and our 90k per week saviour hobbling off in no time.

Not sure why it is being reported in the LT that Roque is 'back in the squad' - he was in the squad for the Newcastle game.

If Hoilett is out I think we're really going to miss E H Diouf, he's not everyone's favoutrite, but he was our most consistent player in the first part of the season. He's probably our only midfielder who is comfortable on the ball and rarely gives it away.

Anyway, i'd play:

-----Robbo------

Mick-Samba-Nelsen-Givet

Emo-JJ-MGP

Mama - Roque- Ollson

• Backroom

Sorry to say I can only see a comfortable win for Villa, Hoilett and Ollson on the wings are by far our biggest threat and with one of them missing we look a slow, plodding unimaginitive team.

Disappointed the new boys aren't ready, I wouldn't have expected them to be if Kean didn't correct the reporter last week and say they most likely would feature, the trip to Dubai will look questionable at best if we don't come back firing.

3-0 Villa :(

would be no suprise with the players available that we register zero efforts on target,no chance at all of an away win. poor team in poor form,terrible away record clueless manager, flair and pace lost without hoillet and dunn, ...........too many negatives. sod it 1-0 rovers heskey own goal.

Anyway, i'd play:

-----Robbo------

Mick-Samba-Nelsen-Givet

Emo-JJ-MGP

Mama - Roque- Ollson

That looks a good formation. OJ.

I hope Samba is proper fit after his "virus". JJ and Nzonzi must never appear on the pitch together.

I cannot see why the two new lads cannot both be on the bench for this one.

I'm going to stick my neck out and say Rovers to win with Keith, the marmite man, to get the winner. rolleyes.gif

Our 2 signings last january played half a game between them!

I wasnt speaking of last year, we had no money to spend last year, this year we spent huge money on wages and two signings, one at £3,000,000 - future players are for the summer, ask any manager of a professional club (well obviously bar one) the January transfer window is to freshen up the squad and address the problem areas in the team.

The two signings last year made the bench immediately, strenthening the squad!

Just seen that our manager expects points against Villa, Fulham & Blackpool, hmmm.

Pity points are not given, and league tables formulated, on good pressers and, IMO, bullsh1t.

Can't see anything for us tomorrow and expect us to lose by at least 2 goals.

Totally sick of Villa Park and could have been there tomorrow FOC but diplomatically declined and instead will watch Stanley host Torquay.

Just seen that our manager expects points against Villa, Fulham & Blackpool, hmmm.

Pity points are not given, and league tables formulated, on good pressers and, IMO, bullsh1t.

Can't see anything for us tomorrow and expect us to lose by at least 2 goals.

Totally sick of Villa Park and could have been there tomorrow FOC but diplomatically declined and instead will watch Stanley host Torquay.

Have you ever considered a career with The Samaritans?

Let's hope we win and play 4-4-2.

my team would be:- Robinson; Salgado, Samba, Nelsen, Olsson; Emerton, Grella, Dunn, Pedersen; RSC, Kalinic.

Subs:- Givet, Hanley, J Jones, M.Diouf, Roberts, Nzoini, Bunn

I would be happy with a boring 1 nil win today. I am going to be setting off for game soon.

Come on Rovers!!!!!

Our 2 signings last january played half a game between them!

Basturk was only ever meant to be 'cheap' cover. Prob Linganzi too. The purse strings were closed rem and the club didn't want to go into hock. Compare that with the dangerous path we are treading now.

Archived