SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Aston Villa Vs Blackburn Rovers

roversmum

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

is it houlliers birthday, must be.

that is one poor looking team, givet on bench? no one else on bench i'd want starting and players starting that i don't rate in the slightest not a good mix.

how unfit can rochina and formica possibly be as 19 and 22 year olds to not get amongst that shower.

I'm at villa park and i can't believe the team Kean has picked. No Kalinic and no dunn.

But Villa are 4-5-1 aswell with Young and Albrighton wide and Pires, Reo-coker and Downing in middle.

Massive decision to play 4-5-1 and with the team selection. Hope it pays off tho. we need the 3 points.

Andrews and Grella have to step up to the plate now. Come on Andrews scored!!! Andrews midfield playmaker :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

4-5-1...

At first glance I was gutted to sse Andrews playing, although must say Nzonzi has been shocking of late so out of the two I'd rather play Andrews...

I would actually have played 451.. but I would have played Givet for Andrews, and stuck Pederson with Grella in CM with Olsson on the left mid...

COYB!!!!!!

Worst Rovers line-up Ive seen for a long long time. Other than Roque, Olsson and to a degree MGP, where are we going to get a chance from?

absoloutely despair for those that have made the trip

fingers crossed we can somehow keep them out and nick one from a set piece! Saying that, does that midfield have enough creativity to create a set piece!!

god help us! Andrews again.

i will happily eat the biggest humble pie if i am proved wrong but i can see nothing other than a defeat!!

I'm at villa park and i can't believe the team Kean has picked. No Kalinic and no dunn.

But Villa are 4-5-1 aswell with Young and Albrighton wide and Pires, Reo-coker and Downing in middle.

Massive decision to play 4-5-1 and with the team selection. Hope it pays off tho. we need the 3 points.

Andrews and Grella have to step up to the plate now. Come on Andrews scored!!! Andrews midfield playmaker :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Isn't Dunn injured?

Looks like the diamond has been abadoned. I take it we are lining up like this:

--------------- Robinson --------------

Salgado, Hanley, Nelsen, Olsson

-------- Andrews --- Grella -----------

--- Emerton --- Jones ------ MGP -

----------------- Santa Cruz------------

Looks like our lone goal threat will be a Santa Cruz since the "supporting three" are Emerton, Jones & Pedersen all of whom aren't exactly prolific infront of goal. Ona brighter note at least the defence and particulary Salgado will have some defensive cover with three defensive minded central midfielders plus Emerton & Pedersen who work hard and track back.

absoloutely despair for those that have made the trip

fingers crossed we can somehow keep them out and nick one from a set piece! Saying that, does that midfield have enough creativity to create a set piece!!

god help us! Andrews again.

i will happily eat the biggest humble pie if i am proved wrong but i can see nothing other than a defeat!!

No humble pie either way. If we somehow do get a result or performance out of this line-up be sure that it will be that 1 in 10 occurrence.

No humble pie either way. If we somehow do get a result or performance out of this line-up be sure that it will be that 1 in 10 occurrence.

Shut up. If the team he puts out manages to hammer out a result you have to hold your hands up and admit Kean was right and you were wrong.

You can't have it both ways.

Not sure what to make of that, at least he hasn't completely ignored the defensive frailties but it seems like a bit of an over-reaction playing Andrews AND Grella AND Jones.

4-5-1 I can agree with, is Junior injured though? Would have taken a point yesterday and still would today. This is an away game at a difficult place to travel.

To be honest, I like the look of the side out wide with Peds and Emerton being able to offer a lot more defensively to help out the full backs. It looks like absolutely shocking choices in the middle though, with Hanley and Nelsen in defence not filling me with a great degree of confidence and Andrews, Grella, and Jones being possibly the most creatively-devoid midfield I've ever seen. Sam tactics?

Looks like the diamond has been abadoned. I take it we are lining up like this:

--------------- Robinson --------------

Salgado, Hanley, Nelsen, Olsson

-------- Andrews --- Grella -----------

--- Emerton --- Jones ------ MGP -

----------------- Santa Cruz------------

Might be wrong but I'd wager that Jones and Andrews will swap places in that team. I've also a suspicion that Jones and Grella might get under each others feet.

Obviously set up to nullify the opposition and settle for a stalemate and a point which I am not against at all..... but surely Sam could have done that too.

Archived