BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ideal Midfielder for Rovers

So many players around that could improve us in the middle of the park. If Wolves go down I'd like us to have a look at Milijas. Quite underrated in my opinion due to playing in a poor Wolves team. Creative on the ball and looks to get involved at both ends. Would come to Blackburn in a heartbeat as well.

Also I'm not sure if he signed for Arsenal in Jan but if not I'd be looking to break the bank for Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain from Southampton. £10 million would get him and I'm sure he's going to be a top top player. Fits our new strategy of buying potentially top players. Comes at a cost but he's always going to be worth at least what we'd pay for him and wages wouldn't be massive. Depends how much money is going to be available?

David Vaughan from blackpool or David Jones from Wolves would increase our midfield quality. Both can pass a ball and can play good through ball. Only Hoilett and Dunn can in our current sqaud, maybe Pedersen has aswell but that's it!!!

An article on the Fansfc.com website saying that we are after SWP and are likely to sign him on a free transfer in the summer. Him and Hoilett on the wings I think would be good.

http://www.fansfc.com/BlackburnRovers/story/29895/4.html

Realistically? Jamie O'Hara has abit of everything, quality player. Wouldn't mind Gibson alongside him, he is going to be a poor mans frank lampard imo. Both are at a decent age too. For a wide man, id love us to bring in Matt Jarvis at Wolves, quality player.

Hoilett O'Hara Gibson Jarvis (both wide men can play either wing)

pretty exciting to me.

I said in the build up to the Venky's takeover that Jamie O'Hara would be the first player on my shopping list.

I was talked out of that by people who said his back injury was serious and he had attitude issues though. However, from I've seen of his Wolves career so far he still looks the perfect midfielder for us.

O'Hara, Gibson, Donovan are all good shouts, Donovan can play up front as well.

Gibson is probably not United level, but he can spot a pass and has good intelligence, gets around the park, which would vastly improve our current situation.

I've liked O'Hara ever since his stint on loan at Portsmouth, very tidy player, again intelligent and uses the ball well.

I like David Vaughan from Blackpool, but for him to play in a midfield 2 you'd need a good tackler in there with him to balance it.

O'Hara, Gibson, Donovan are all good shouts, Donovan can play up front as well.

Gibson is probably not United level, but he can spot a pass and has good intelligence, gets around the park, which would vastly improve our current situation.

I've liked O'Hara ever since his stint on loan at Portsmouth, very tidy player, again intelligent and uses the ball well.

I like David Vaughan from Blackpool, but for him to play in a midfield 2 you'd need a good tackler in there with him to balance it.

I love O'Haraq, he drives a game, we havent a player like that, having said that, we need to see Formica and if he is good, get the correct balance around him!!

Vaughan has coped pretty well this season, quite underated!

a "realistic target<".. hmm thats quite tough, as we dont know the avalability of players. Perhaps krancjr

unrealistic targets, im going to choose essein, by far the ebst all round player in the world. He really is class in every aspect of the gme

Ah the moroccan genius with Irish heritage!

I haven't laughed like I just did for quite some time

a "realistic target<".. hmm thats quite tough, as we dont know the avalability of players. Perhaps krancjr

unrealistic targets, im going to choose essein, by far the ebst all round player in the world. He really is class in every aspect of the gme

Essein would top your wet dream midfield list?

Surely you could aim higher.

Since we already got Formica, I say we need someone who can tackle and distribute the ball well. Preferably if he's a box to box type too so I'll go for someone like Annan. Pity he just went to schalke so I think the next best option would be someone like O Hara.

I said in the build up to the Venky's takeover that Jamie O'Hara would be the first player on my shopping list.

I was talked out of that by people who said his back injury was serious and he had attitude issues though. However, from I've seen of his Wolves career so far he still looks the perfect midfielder for us.

If you're out for 6 months with a back injury I'd say that was a serious injury. That's what put me off, I've no doubts about his ability. I don't know about his attitude but not many footballers attitudes fill me with respect. Wolves took a gamble and it looks like it's paid off at the moment.

I'm somewhat prejudiced, but I would like to suggest:

Benny Feilhaber

Sacha Kljestan

Dax McCarty

Jose Fransisco Torres

If I were being more opened minded:

Mehmet Topal

Ever Banega

Sifiane Feghouli

Gelson Fernandes

Come on, Steve. Admit it. You've made those names up.

Footballers?? Never heard of 'em.

I must be getting old.

My biggest problem with that is, none are english, let alone British.

Come on, expand your horizons. I watch English football before all others despite my uber-American nationalistic tendencies.

Come on, Steve. Admit it. You've made those names up.

Footballers?? Never heard of 'em.

I must be getting old.

You're right. You're getting old. :P

It's actually a mix of young American midfielders who might fit the bill (first group) and others (mostly Valencia as they are broke and would be tempted to sell if decent offers game in).

I really think we missed the boat on Holden. He's doing well in Bolton. And I fear we missed another boat with Michael Bradley to Villa. But Venkys can make it up to me by signing the marquee quality of Landon Donovan. :tu:

Here is a player I think Blackburn should sign... not seen him named yet but would be pretty shiny and actually a very big name in terms of a marquee if Venkys want too be known in Brazil...

Darío Conca.. suprised I had not heard of him, apparently he is the biggest up and coming name in Brazil atm (accorind too my ex who is in Rio and her friends).. even though he is from argentina.

Archived