BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Cricket World Cup 2011

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good old England, always guaranteed to cock it up in the World Cup whether it be cricket, rugby or football. Stunning innings by O'Brien. He's never played like that for Northants.

Well talk about chokers at World Cups, amazing. Good stuff by England, but SA just can't handle spin. I'm still betting on the Australians winning the World Cup. Nobody giving them a chance, so wouldn't surprise me to see them going all the way.

Not to mention little cameos from N McCullum and Oram. You don't see scoring like that in Twenty 20! 188-5 after 44 overs, 302-7 after 50 featuring 92 in 25 balls after that sixth wicket fell. That seventh wicket partnership was worth 85 in 22 balls by my reckoning. K O'Brien eat your heart out.

England 225 all out against Bangladesh.. Bangladesh currently on 50 without the loss of a wicket in the 8th over. England in danger of not qualifying at this rate, pretty poor world cup so far from England.

England will struggle to qualify, you would assume South africa with two games in hand will overtake them and England still has to win against the West Indies if Bangladesh defeats the Netherlands.

The top 4 for Group A look secure

Archived