BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 4000 Holes now available through BRFCS

Glenn

Good News Everybody!

We've come up with another way to turn your spare cash into extra hamsters to put in the the wheel that powers the BRFCS server.

Through close co-operation with the chaps behind the 4000 Holes fanzine, those of you unable to get hold of the paper copy (or just want to see it in colour) can now download it via BRFCS.COM. It costs a little more than the paper version, but a percentage of each sale goes to help fund BRFCS. All the payments are done through PayPal, which for those that haven't used it, is a very quick, easy and safe way to pay online via a credit card.

As always, it's available from http://www.brfcs.com/shop

The tech to power the online sales is developed by a company I'm involved with and this is one of the first places to get access to it, so I'd be grateful of any feedback, even if it's "it worked ok"

Having looked at what I've done, I'm amazed that linked worked in Chrome and IE at all. It's fixed now, but we've just spotted a tiny mistake on the billing side, so I've removed the "Buy Now" button for the next few minutes.

I've bought it and had a read. Some good stories (like the lass who shares an office with Sherpa Dingle and the Mackem who found solace at the Golden Cup) and some now awkwardly anachronistic pieces (such as the arguments for and against Sam's bum's rush).

It's a good idea if it contributes to the running of BRFCS and certainly an excellent way of participating in the cultural heritage of the club (I never seem to get a chance to pick up a hard copy en route to games).

All in all a great initiative - so well done Glenn :)

:brfcsmilie:

How come it is £2 to download but the cover shows £1 to buy on paper? And to be honest the content on this site is better in my opinion

It's mainly paypal fees. 4000 Holes still make £1 per copy, we make 33p per copy. The rest goes on fees. I found out the hard way, the system we're using gets rather expensive to use when prices drop below a fiver.

It's mainly paypal fees. 4000 Holes still make £1 per copy, we make 33p per copy. The rest goes on fees. I found out the hard way, the system we're using gets rather expensive to use when prices drop below a fiver.

Might seem a little obtuse but couldn't FTH take a reduced margin on the online copy to lower the selling price? No additional printing costs and a big chance to increase their readership....

Might seem a little obtuse but couldn't FTH take a reduced margin on the online copy to lower the selling price? No additional printing costs and a big chance to increase their readership....

That's for Dan to decide, it's his content, he controls the pricing (within reason) BRFCS is just a shop window (and he is kindly being the guinea pig for our little experiment), once we have all the buglets squashed we have somebody wishing to sell programmes through the same system and then we may open it to others to sell their Rovers related stuff.

We're now got a couple of back issues (issues 78 and 79) available too now.

We're also investigating a problem when people choose to pay without creating a PayPal account, they either may not be able to access the download or find it vanishes if they remove their cookies. So, for now I recommend people use the option to create a PayPal account (it only takes a couple of seconds) or if you choose "pay as guest" and don't get a download, just let me know.

Lowering the price (ideally to a pound, the cover price) is something both Dan and I would like to do and have discussed at length how to do, the problem is the payment system we're using doesn't scale down well and at either £1 or £2, roughly 60p goes on fees,which at £2 is still worth doing, at £1, simply isn't. The system is ideally suited to offering our "shop window" to items over a fiver (where the fees are about 70p).

Lowering the price (ideally to a pound, the cover price) is something both Dan and I would like to do and have discussed at length how to do, the problem is the payment system we're using doesn't scale down well and at either £1 or £2, roughly 60p goes on fees,which at £2 is still worth doing, at £1, simply isn't. The system is ideally suited to offering our "shop window" to items over a fiver (where the fees are about 70p).

Glenn,

Would it be possible (technically or otherwise) to bundle the issues - obviously this would work better with back issues than future issues - but could be worth considering?

Glenn,

Would it be possible (technically or otherwise) to bundle the issues - obviously this would work better with back issues than future issues - but could be worth considering?

Quite possibly. Ta.

How come it is £2 to download but the cover shows £1 to buy on paper? And to be honest the content on this site is better in my opinion

How many articles have you written for it? It's been around since 1989. Were you supporting Rovers then?

How many articles have you written for it? It's been around since 1989. Were you supporting Rovers then?

I havent written any articles for it although I have quite a few old copies going back to 1989 I suppose, I will check in the garage where I think they are.

My first game was in 1971 against Carlisle United at Ewood with my Dad.

Next question?

Archived