BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venky's Summer Transfer List

My summer wish list and recommendation to the owners (assuming we are still in the BPL).

1. Appoint a competant and experienced manager with nous and confidence to run the club like the previous manager.

2. Do not consider signing any new players until the manager has been appointed.

Err, that's it.

wtf is the BPL?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't waste your time mate, they will stop at nothing to get another stick to prop up our new owners.

Well, everyone should be allowed to voice their opinion.

I think it will happen if a flying saucer land son earth and a little green man hands our man in Pune a sack full of dinero.

Well, everyone should be allowed to voice their opinion.

I think it will happen if a flying saucer land son earth and a little green man hands our man in Pune a sack full of dinero.

I think they are called starbucks.

That would make a good news story, right beside that Guardian piece. Both as likely as each other.

Good vision by them though, looking ahead and all that. Pity that that type of purchases are weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell down the road.

I do not like this buying a player just to make a splash nonsense, make a splash bby playing well.

Venkys + Rovers = bad joke. Our reputation was fine before as a club who bought the title (live with it), but a well run club with an aggressive style, usually mid table with the odd cup run. Boring but safe manager GONE Excellent respectable chairman GONE. Now Barry White and the rest of the chicken shed keep claiming the imminent signing of kaka or robinho, in front of real 'big' clubs like united, pool or the arsenal. STOP IT. We get enough stick as it is, you make us look as fake as a tranny's fanny

Just one thing, find a quote in there from Venkys, simply put its lazy journalism designed to take the ###### out of us.

And yes I am aware that the media are doing this based on our daft bid for Ronaldinho, so the Venkys have made that cross for their own back, that is certain.

Some on here however do not give a @#/? about small details such as the lack of comments from any of the owners,

Like that now carries any weight anyway, given the rash of contradictory remarks made by the owners!

If we go on a mad spending spree in the Summer, I'm more than happy to eat humble pie.

But given what I've seen so far, my intuitive feeling is that the nearest we will get to a brazilian is down the waxing parlour.

Like that now carries any weight anyway, given the rash of contradictory remarks made by the owners!

If we go on a mad spending spree in the Summer, I'm more than happy to eat humble pie.

But given what I've seen so far, my intuitive feeling is that the nearest we will get to a brazilian is down the waxing parlour.

Keep banging the drum Bryan, I dont believe we will sign any superstar Brazlilians either but what they hell, just keep thumping on that drum.

My summer wish list and recommendation to the owners (assuming we are still in the BPL).

1. Appoint a competant and experienced manager with nous and confidence to run the club like the previous manager.

2. Do not consider signing any new players until the manager has been appointed.

Err, that's it.

I think the owners will stick with SK as manager. Kean will go along with what the owners say and will allow them to sign a marquee player then it is up to Kean to fit him into the team and style of play that suits him and the players.

I know who I would want as manager if I was the owner. but i'm not!

Venky's want any PR though, they are currently undertaking global expansion as a company.

I sent the link on Kaka through to a work colleague earlier today, they literally could not stop laughing, did not find it that amusing myself.

'The less comes out of their mouths'...what...as in this instance where it'd seem nothing has come out of their mouths.

Do your eyes conjure quotes?

There was a transfer window full of embarrassing quotes about various players we were linked to which came directly from the owners. Beckham, Ronaldinho, Fabiano...at Blackburn?! It was never EVER going to happen.

If I hear our owners mention Kaka and Blackburn in the same sentence then I will really worry about the future of our club because that'll be proof to everyone that they're insane. At the moment I am fully behind the new owners and giving them a chance but they need to be realistic.

Venky's want any PR though, they are currently undertaking global expansion as a company.

I sent the link on Kaka through to a work colleague earlier today, they literally could not stop laughing, did not find it that amusing myself.

Particularly in a Brazilian market. It is crazy and unlikely to happen, in fact won't happen, but if by miricle it did become a realistic possibility Kaka would be an excellent marketing machine for Venkys but he does not court the limelight like Ronaldinho and have a party lifestyle which would possibly make luring him to East Lancashire a little easier. It will never happen though because Kaka is worthy of Champions League football now and is unlikely to sacrifice that for one massive last pay day.

There was a transfer window full of embarrassing quotes about various players we were linked to which came directly from the owners. Beckham, Ronaldinho, Fabiano...at Blackburn?! It was never EVER going to happen.

If I hear our owners mention Kaka and Blackburn in the same sentence then I will really worry about the future of our club because that'll be proof to everyone that they're insane. At the moment I am fully behind the new owners and giving them a chance but they need to be realistic.

It just seemed like you were dragging them down a peg for what I presume is just unrealistic and sensationalistic journalism. I agree the targets were unrealistic...however...

If they were/are genuine attempts then no harm trying. It's their money. The only reason the pursuit of Ronaldinho was portrayed as naive is because we're Rovers. If Everton or Villa made the attempt the media wouldn't be able to climb far enough up inside 'em.

Archived