BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venky's Summer Transfer List

Right,

Here is what I understand. Legally this is what I have heard and there is no guarantee that it is factual (Hope that covers it Glen)

Balaji Rao is the one pushing this landmark signing. He is not doing it for Blackburn Rovers, but for himself. He is obsessed with celebrity and wants lots of photos with a big name. Although this would be a boost to his ego, he also feels as though walking onto Ewood with a big name would help his reputation with the fans.

Venkatesh Rao and Mrs Desai cannot understand what he is doing. This is why there is an official transfer budget and a marquee signing budget. Basically, I believe they do not support his wishes.

Balaji wants Kaka, I've heard that a few times. My worry is that if he pulled off the impossible (which he won't) and if Venkys left the club, we would be stuck with an unaffordable asset. Now for the PR side, their philosophy is to make Venkys look as strong as possible and in their mind, that is making public all Balaji's enquiries.

Also the mortgage, according to three sources, Venkatesh is denying all knowledge that it exists.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right,

Here is what I understand. Legally this is what I have heard and there is no guarantee that it is factual (Hope that covers it Glen)

Balaji Rao is the one pushing this landmark signing. He is not doing it for Blackburn Rovers, but for himself. He is obsessed with celebrity and wants lots of photos with a big name. Although this would be a boost to his ego, he also feels as though walking onto Ewood with a big name would help his reputation with the fans.

Venkatesh Rao and Mrs Desai cannot understand what he is doing. This is why there is an official transfer budget and a marquee signing budget. Basically, I believe they do not support his wishes.

Balaji wants Kaka, I've heard that a few times. My worry is that if he pulled off the impossible (which he won't) and if Venkys left the club, we would be stuck with an unaffordable asset. Now for the PR side, their philosophy is to make Venkys look as strong as possible and in their mind, that is making public all Balaji's enquiries.

Also the mortgage, according to three sources, Venkatesh is denying all knowledge that it exists.

Thanks as always BPF.

Why are they denying the mortgage when it's bloody obvious there is one????

Balaji if you guys want to get more onside with the fans then stop treating us like idiots and tell us how it is.

All yesterdays breaking news achieved was a jolly good round of laughter when I told people at the Uni. They can think it makes them look strong all they like but strong is not the word I would use when someone constantly fails and bidding for the likes of Kaka will only fail.

I do not like the sound that they don't agree over things already.

Right,

If Man City can't buy Kaka for £100m he's got no chance. If he really wants a celebrity, he should throw all that money and then some at Mouriniho who is certainly not that much in love with Madrid from what I've read. Sell it to him by saying he can enhance his reputation by doing "another Porto" in the richest league in the world and that when the Man Utd job rocks up, he's free to up sticks.

In PR terms a thousand times more effective and feasible than buying Kaka (if still a long shot) with massive upside on the football too.

Probably far too sensible but hey. Thanks for sharing, BPF. My only question would be, is this from the same place the Maradona stuff came from? How correct would it be to assume that Balaji may have been acting unilaterally in going after Diego in the same kind of fashion? You were quite adamant at the time a plan was in place.

Thanks as always BPF.

Why are they denying the mortgage when it's bloody obvious there is one????

Balaji if you guys want to get more onside with the fans then stop treating us like idiots and tell us how it is.

All yesterdays breaking news achieved was a jolly good round of laughter when I told people at the Uni. They can think it makes them look strong all they like but strong is not the word I would use when someone constantly fails and bidding for the likes of Kaka will only fail.

I do not like the sound that they don't agree over things already.

Maybe not denying it's existence, but saying that they know nothing about it.

If Man City can't buy Kaka for £100m he's got no chance. If he really wants a celebrity, he should throw all that money and then some at Mouriniho who is certainly not that much in love with Madrid from what I've read. Sell it to him by saying he can enhance his reputation by doing "another Porto" in the richest league in the world and that when the Man Utd job rocks up, he's free to up sticks.

In PR terms a thousand times more effective and feasible than buying Kaka (if still a long shot) with massive upside on the football too.

Probably far too sensible but hey. Thanks for sharing, BPF. My only question would be, is this from the same place the Maradona stuff came from? How correct would it be to assume that Balaji may have been acting unilaterally in going after Diego in the same kind of fashion? You were quite adamant at the time a plan was in place.

There was a plan in place for Maradona but I believe that he was informed by advisors that it would be suicide for Venkys. You'll notice that Maradona's firm offer from a Premier League team never materialized, that's because that offer was from Balaji.

Maybe not denying it's existence, but saying that they know nothing about it.

It would be nice if he could say as much on record to the LET, or at least for them to ask him. Still heard nowt.

There was a plan in place for Maradona but I believe that he was informed by advisors that it would be suicide for Venkys. You'll notice that Maradona's firm offer from a Premier League team never materialized, that's because that offer was from Balaji.

Ok, thanks. Sounds like he's a bit of a loose cannon.

So its in Venkys best interests to publicise balaji's enquiries but they don't like what he's doing? I don't get it.

In their opinion it is. Although with the denial this morning, it appears as though they are learning the Western way of dealing with these things.

Right,

Given it is in the public domain, this is totally consistent with what I have heard.

With regards to who does our PR, Venky's have their own marketing people and employ a company called Perfect Relations in Pune, In the UK they use Paul Agnew PR.

Many things are unclear- whether Balaji uses the formal PR systems set-up; whether Balaji and Venkatesh are allied in these marquee attempts; whether Mrs Desai is in favour or not- on occasions she has been ahead of the brothers such as when she disclosed Ronaldinho after Venkatesh had denied it; whether the brothers are consulted in detailed financial matters and so on. There are plenty of anecdotes pointing to the brothers being deeply unaware of English law and Premier League/FA/UEFA/FIFA regulatory requirements but they have been in charge for three months now so presumably they learnt something from John Williams before the parting of the ways?

As for apologies, I don't want any- not even from Hughesy :lol: - and can only repeat I will be utterly utterly delighted if everything I have posted is proven wrong and that from all this emerges a club which is successful and has its community roots and dignity restored.

There is still a muddy picture. The LET seem to have bought into Venky's denials, despite being burned by them before and are implying that the latest rumours about big name signings did not originate from the owners. There have certainly been some stories that have quite clearly been made up. The one about the £20m keeper sticks out.

On the other hand, we've information here from a source presumably connected with the club (albeit the scope of which and their motivations for disclosure is unclear) that would imply that most of this marquee stuff originates from one of the brothers, possibly acting unilaterally and thus creating the environment which fosters so much contradictory stuff going on.

I'm finding it hard to take either side as gospel at the moment but it would appear that if there is a loose cannon, they haven't had much success on influencing proceedings thus far. Kean is still here, for example where there was supposedly a desire for someone with a bit more razzle dazzle even after his appointment.

That would imply, would it not, that Mrs D and/or Venkatesh are actually calling the shots, regardless of what Balaji thinks?

Thought purchasing Rovers was supposed to be a marketing exercise?

Whats the first three words that jump into your head when you think of the Venky's brand?

Aspirational? Articulate? and Assurance?

Absolute, complete muppets.

Absolutely. In my opinion, Mourinho, Hiddink, Ranieri, etc. would all be a better use of funds than the marquee signings being bandied about. And would attract talented, up and coming players. Whomever is the source of the marquee rumors is putting the cart before the horse.

Archived