BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venky's Summer Transfer List

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

do you honestly believe we could sign berbatov? 15-20 million,god knows what in wages, no champions league and kean.

It is unlikely I admit!

However, If the Raos were willing to throw £20 odd million at Ronaldinho in fees and wages then Bervatov would be an equivalent. If he's settled in the North West then that could be a factor. Would be amazed if anyone would pay £15 million + for him as its dead money.

I'll duck back down below the parapet now :unsure:

It is unlikely I admit!

However, If the Raos were willing to throw £20 odd million at Ronaldinho in fees and wages then Bervatov would be an equivalent.

ya think ya really really think.? just like they were gonna sign maradonna,beckham ,riquelme and buy a 6m pound pad . :unsure::tu: the nearest barry white venky came to being close to ronaldinhio was when he he ordered his mcnuggets of there ronald mcdonald.

All sorts of crazy rumours flying around at the moment.

Here are a select few:

1. Kean's only desire for the summer is to secure the services of J.Jones, Santa Cruz and Diouf. He is so pleased with the spirit shown by his squad, he wants to keep them together.

2. There is a budget of £5,000,000 including wages which will inevitably lead to a very dry summer and certain relegation next season.

3. There is a warchest of at least £20,000,000 available.

In my personal opinion there is very little available. A few months ago I heard that Mrs D was VERY upset with the amount of family money that had been spent on the club. As many people here already know, Venky's purchase of the club was somewhat of a spare of the moment purchase and they were not aware of what was involved. They were sold on the idea that they would be able to loan players and therefore Rovers could carry the Venkys brand on an international scale with very little outlay from them personally. I have it on good authority that they have already spent what they intended to spent in the first three years.

People keep coming back to the Brazilian Ronnie story. They were willing to spend on him to enhance the Venkys brand. That makes sense for them on a number of levels. Buying a middle of the range left back and a quality but unglamorous striker represents no value for money. The important point to remember here is that they do genuinely believe that £5,000,000 a year will be enough to get us into Europe.

Whilst Kean is manager we are always going to struggle both on the field and off it. Kean is not a manager that signings are going to be attracted to. Furthermore, Kean's interviews continue to make both himself and the club look like a laughing stock. He seems to say what he thinks people want to hear. To say "There is a budget like never before" and then to follow it up with "We've got five million" is unacceptable. It's almost as if that statement was made for if we went down so Rovers' fans would have always thought "If only we'd stayed up."

I don't want to be negative but I'm genuinely worried at the moment and with good cause. That being said, let's see what the summer brings. The one thing about our owners is that their actions are entirely unpredictable.

BPF, you are losing the plot now

I fear BPF is closer to the truth than you think. Time will tell.

Also, no one can blame anyone for being sceptical. There have been some very strange decisions made at the club, and no one seems to want to take account for it. Appointing an agent to help with the running of the club. Appointing a man with no experience of managing a football team. Signing "passenger" players on bigger and longer term contracts. Add to that the January transfer window was a circus, but only led to us signing four players, three of which were little more than bystanders to a relegation battle. Steve Kean believes he's doing a good job. Venky's are backing him.

When things begin to make sense perhaps we can all be as optimistic as Gav and Imy. Until then, expect discontent because some of us really do worry and care for the club.

How do you mean Iceman?

I think we have to judge venkys after the window. You have your source, but you also say it is your personnel opinion that they won't spend much. If that's the case come September, the raos and kean deserve all the stick they will get if we start struggling. Im sure things will have been discussed behind closed doors and some of your sources might not Want to say how much we have knowing full well it will end up on here. Surly the raos arnt that stupid to let every one know the budget and other clubs start pushing the price of players up.

I have it on pretty good authority that we will indeed be making an approach to sign Derek Riordan. The fact the papers are linking him with Palace and Houston Dynamoes says it all. More deadwood.

You are joking,right? The man's a complete disaster zone......He was a temporary sensation up here about 3 seasons ago when he first broke into the Hibs team, but ever since that half-season or so he has been a non-entity, just scoring the odd goal here and there. Far too much clubbing etc so I hear, and the hard work it takes to be a successful striker is far too much trouble for him. Sound familiar?

You are joking,right? The man's a complete disaster zone......He was a temporary sensation up here about 3 seasons ago when he first broke into the Hibs team, but ever since that half-season or so he has been a non-entity, just scoring the odd goal here and there. Far too much clubbing etc so I hear, and the hard work it takes to be a successful striker is far too much trouble for him. Sound familiar?

I sincerely hope it's bad information as I've heard similar things (big drinker etc). After this season, nothing would surprise me in regard to Venky's actions. I don't believe they have 20 million to spend unfortunately, and I can see next season being just as turbulent as the last.

In my personal opinion there is very little available. A few months ago I heard that Mrs D was VERY upset with the amount of family money that had been spent on the club. As many people here already know, Venky's purchase of the club was somewhat of a spare of the moment purchase and they were not aware of what was involved. They were sold on the idea that they would be able to loan players and therefore Rovers could carry the Venkys brand on an international scale with very little outlay from them personally. I have it on good authority that they have already spent what they intended to spent in the first three years.

I don't understand how this is possible.

There were a whole sequence of checks and balances to ensure that potential new owners understood what they were taking on. As I recall, the discussions took months, and Venky's had to explain their plans to John Williams and the trust in detail. I'd be astounded if none of that involved explaining the financial commitment that would be necessary. Further, if Venky's walked in and said, 'we'll spend £5 million over three years, relying on loan signings to get us into Europe', then alarm bells should have been ringing. And we know that the trust weren't selling at any cost, because they - rightfully, looking at events since - refused Syed, when he had that money to buy the club.

On top of that, I do not understand how Venky's could be so unbelievably stupid as to make a multi-million pound commitment without fully understanding what they taking on. How could anyone that idiotic survive in business, let alone be as immensely successful as they have been?

Hm. Time will tell. Maybe Venky's are gormless idiots that have stumbled into their millions. Though fingers crossed your sources are wrong.

I have it on good authority that they have already spent what they intended to spent in the first three years.

Where has it all gone then ? The quote from them - was £5m a season minimum - with definite references to it increasing. So they have somehow wasted over £15m already ?

I am very skeptical of any sources relating to our owners. There has been so much rumour and counter rumour - hardly helped by the absence of a chair person and our owners hardly ever being in the country. This unfortunately has left a vacuum waiting to be filled by anyone with an agenda.

Unless you sources are from India - I will wait to see what transpires over the summer. Not that I don't trust you or your sources - just that there has been so much chaos around Rovers, I would rather wait and see how things turn out before I start pre-judging.

There seem to be a few on here with "very good sources". No doubt a bug in the Venkey's offices too. I believe the sources as much as I believe all I read in the press..

That being said, let's see what the summer brings. The one thing about our owners is that their actions are entirely unpredictable.

Taken this from the Kean interview in the LET (prior to Wolves)

He said: "The purpose of the meeting was to discuss next season's budget, out-of-contract players, Junior Hoilett in particular. We want extensive talks next week to try to agree a long-term contract with Junior like we did with Phil Jones and Martin Olsson.

"It was important to know what type of budget we had an it's very healthy. The wage bill won't be cut, there will be funds available.

It's a very competitive budget to achieve top 10 football. Miles bigger than Rovers have had in the past.

"I'll speak to them Sunday evening. We'll meet and have a bite to eat and talk over some plans for the summer. I'm going to go out to India for about four days, that will be more detailed, which will provide all the meat on the bone. I'll go in mid-June."

As BPF alludes, alot of things aren't adding up at the moment and their may be more to the division between the brothers and Mrs D.

I cannot for one minute believe that Balaji Rao does not know the cost of achieving a top 10 finish and given the look of the lad, I'm sure he would like to be flashing the cash to achieve it. Can he persuade big sister to open the purse strings though...

Even Kean can't be deluded enough to say we have a £5 million budget and then remotely hope to achieve the signings of JJ, RSC and MBD (rumoured £3mil for RSC, £4-5mil JJ and MBD would be at least £2-3 mil). To me that indicates more is available.

Venkys took a battering in the media this year, they will take another one unless they pull the proverbial rabbit out of a hat.

A star signing paraded at the Asian cup would do wonders for their and Rovers PR in the East and back here.

I guess that by mid June things should become clearer. I fear Rovers are at the last chance saloon this summer and another poor transfer window will see us go down - regardless of the young talent we have at the club.

I believe this topic is for transfers (real and mad ), there are other topics to discuss Kean and the Venky's

It's all related though, and conversation is bound to naturally flow towards different areas - it'd be impossible to stick to a specific area without considering other variables.

I'd much rather read what's being discussed right now in relation to transfer opportunities and expectations than read a list of Portuguese players that we have never been linked with and will never sign.

I have it on good authority that you should all stop listening to the 'i know something you dont know crew' as so far they have proved to be incorrect in EVERYTHING they have said so far.

Whether it be £100m bank accounts that they have seen, or prices will soar next season, Samba will be sold in Jan to fund incoming players etc....:blink:

I have it on good authority that you should all stop listening to the 'i know something you dont know crew' as so far they have proved to be incorrect in EVERYTHING they have said so far.

Whether it be £100m bank accounts that they have seen, or prices will soar next season, Samba will be sold in Jan to fund incoming players etc....:blink:

Exactly, well said.

Can you really say they proved to be incorrect in everything? Can you truthfully say that we haven't hit a spot of bother since Venky's took over?

If Mrs Desai had your balls in a vice but reassured you everything will be alright, would everything truly be alright? You may succumb to no injury, but at the end of the day it's concerning you've managed to get in that position in the first place.

We were told in January that there would be 5 million Inc wages to be spent, we spent 4 million in fees plus about 3.5 million in wages, on top of which new deals were given to a number of top players.

I live in hope that Kean having spoken to our owners is telling us the truth, that on top of the spending about 70k on the final day plus the season ticket prices tell me that the owners are not here for the short term and maybe, just maybe are doing the best for our club-we shall see.

Archived