BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jason Brown next port of call?

bigal1946

Lol, exactly what i thought! ;)

It's Big Al and I'm co-publisher of www.GillsConnect.com

Most Gills fans would love to see him back between the sticks but like many feel his wages could be a stumbling block and also reckon there are teams in both the Championship and League One that might appeal to him more.

I'll keep an eye open on this Rovers forum for any developments

Best of luck for the rest of the sesaon

• Backroom

I always thought Brown did fine when called upon but seemed to get criticsed a lot. His height is his main problem but he's a good shot stopper.

Hope he goes somewhere he can do well.

He is an ok keeper, just to small(height wise) for the PL.

strange comment... why just to small for the premier league - are all players in the P/L taller than those in the lower?

Is Shay Given too small, Mark Bunn ... Jason is only about an inch smaller than him

I agree on the ok keeper - not really done anything wrong when called upon (except maybe the goal in the Cup at Coventry) - strange that people seem to dismiss him so easily.

strange comment... why just to small for the premier league - are all players in the P/L taller than those in the lower?

Is Shay Given too small, Mark Bunn ... Jason is only about an inch smaller than him

I agree on the ok keeper - not really done anything wrong when called upon (except maybe the goal in the Cup at Coventry) - strange that people seem to dismiss him so easily.

Considering his build he would need to be taller. Bunn is a lot slighter than Brown and this enables him to get around the goal significantly better. Height is quite important for a keeper and there aren't many under 6ft. Given is a great example of one who made it but he is something extra ordinary, his shot stopping skills are up there with the best.

Brown at crosses is awful, Bunn hasn't shown that to be a weakness yet. Brown would do well in the lower leagues but he just didn't have it, whatever it is and his physical attritubes probably hinder him.

I think it's a bit harsh to criticise Brown considering he's performed very well when called upon. He's saved about 500 penalties for us too which just goes to show what a good shot stopper he is as well as being able to anticipate where the ball is going to go.

Good luck to the man, I hope he gets first team football and maybe move permanently next season to get first team football.

I don't understand all the criticism of Jason. He's not a bad keeper and has never let us down. We just have a glut of good keepers and we should let him move on with thanks for being a good backup for a few seasons.

In many peoples/supporters eyes IMO Brown lost a lot of respect after his rant when he left for Leeds.

He's done fine when called upon but was never going to be No1 during his time with us, he is so far down the list now, with his contract expiring, a move is best for all parties.

1. Considering his build he would need to be taller. Bunn is a lot slighter than Brown and this enables him to get around the goal significantly better.

Height is quite important for a keeper and there aren't many under 6ft. Given is a great example of one who made it but he is something extra ordinary, his shot stopping skills are up there with the best.

Brown at crosses is awful, Bunn hasn't shown that to be a weakness yet. Brown would do well in the lower leagues but he just didn't have it, whatever it is and his physical attritubes probably hinder him.

1. Does it - proof?

2. yes agree on height - but its not the be all and end all

3. Robinson is not exactly hey ok on crosses

As with others I don't see where people get this idea he is not good enough for us.

We are luck that we do seem to have a good back up of Keepers (again) and that should IMO be the only reason to let him go - as he is not happy and want's to play games.

Archived