BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers shirts in JJB online vs Rovers online

Glenn

As the club aren't interested in an affiliate deal with us, I've been looking around for other legit deals on Rovers branded stuff that we can sell to help fund BRFCS and just now I got contacted about this. Normally I'd just stick it on an advert and have done, but the price difference is so large, I thought it was worthy of discussion.

Currently the official online Rovers store is selling home shirts for £39, where as JJB online are doing them for £25, with free name and number printing and UK postage is a quid cheaper too (oh and the link below means a small percentage from each one goes to fund BRFCS too). I just got myself home and away shirts (as I'd not bothered so far this season). I think it's nuts that JJB can sell them cheaper than Rovers!

Clicky

I thought JJB were really struggling - closing down many stores. Maybe they are trying to shift some stock quickly - particularly as the sponsor changes in the next 4 months or so.

For the same reasons though, I'd expect the club to do the same and try to cash in...

Away shirt already same price - albeit without printing - onerovers.co.uk

Just noticed the top banner for me is an advert for test driving the new Lexus IS 200d. Expensive taste for the message board reader Glenn? :)

(I assume that this top banner is tailored to website the user normally visits, and Lexus is my client so that's probably why)

I thought JJB were really struggling - closing down many stores. Maybe they are trying to shift some stock quickly - particularly as the sponsor changes in the next 4 months or so.

For the same reasons though, I'd expect the club to do the same and try to cash in...

Away shirt already same price - albeit without printing - onerovers.co.uk

John Williams is no longer with us, don't forget. We have no brains behind marketing any more. (Expect season ticket prices to rocket and next season's attendances to be far less)

As the club aren't interested in an affiliate deal with us, I've been looking around for other legit deals on Rovers branded stuff that we can sell to help fund BRFCS and just now I got contacted about this. Normally I'd just stick it on an advert and have done, but the price difference is so large, I thought it was worthy of discussion.

Currently the official online Rovers store is selling home shirts for £39, where as JJB online are doing them for £25, with free name and number printing and UK postage is a quid cheaper too (oh and the link below means a small percentage from each one goes to fund BRFCS too). I just got myself home and away shirts (as I'd not bothered so far this season). I think it's nuts that JJB can sell them cheaper than Rovers!

Clicky

Thanks Glenn, nice cheap way to get a Formica shirt.

I guess I got the last large.

Just noticed the top banner for me is an advert for test driving the new Lexus IS 200d. Expensive taste for the message board reader Glenn? :)

(I assume that this top banner is tailored to website the user normally visits, and Lexus is my client so that's probably why)

Indeed, a very big thing in advertising is re-targeting. Spotting somebody that's been interested in a product and offering that product more and more often. For you it's Lexus', for Reb' it's Obama, for me it cakes, restaurants and Esther bloody Rantzen.

This deal is on in the Blackburn JJB town centre store, but there is only a limited amount of stock having just been in with maybe no more than three dozen shirts or so. The free pinting is in red vinyl only, no flock printing available.

I guess I got the last large.

Indeed, a very big thing in advertising is re-targeting. Spotting somebody that's been interested in a product and offering that product more and more often. For you it's Lexus', for Reb' it's Obama, for me it cakes, restaurants and Esther bloody Rantzen.

D'oh I keep "getting Russian girls want to date me"! :lol::lol:

Archived