BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Who's the worst ever Premier League Player

• Backroom

for me it has to be Julie how one so daft could think he could do a ronaldo round his own area just defies logic

Probably learnt that from Samba, plenty of players do silly stuff like that. Name any world class defender and I bet he's done it.

Obviously it's all beside the point as Keith is awful at this level but yesterdays Samba moment isnt proof alone.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

for me it has to be Julie how one so daft could think he could do a ronaldo round his own area just defies logic

First rule of defending, always turn away from the goal when you have the ball, at worst you can knock it out for a throw or corner, never, never ever, turn inside, thats kids stuff!!

Robbie Fowler?

Konde doesn't count as he didn't make a Premiership appearance for us.

Curtis and Valery?!

Both did a decent job for us at RB, particularly the former - unfair to put them in the same brackets as the Ashley Wards/George Donis/Francis Jeffers/Alan Fettis of this world.

First rule of defending, always turn away from the goal when you have the ball, at worst you can knock it out for a throw or corner, never, never ever, turn inside, thats kids stuff!!

He wins it gets a yard and then turns back on himself, straight into the Villa players path.

You right kids stuff and he knew it the second it happened...

Is this worst ever premiership player or just a Rovers hate figure thread?

Where are the Bradford, the Oldham, the Swindon, the Barnsley, etc players?

Of course, if someone isn't very good and played for Rovers they *must* be the worse players ever.

I have to agree with you. This is a bit of Andrews bashing after his horror on Saturday. You can't tell me that he is the worst player ever to play in the Prem after he's played multiple games over more than 1 season, and been and international regular. My vote is with Southampton's Ali Dia (or whatever his name was) mentioned earlier, who came on as sub, was subbed off within 15 minutes, and never heard from again.

From The Times link:

4 Istvan Kozma (Liverpool)

Yet another Souness master signing – the abject Magyar cost £300,000 from Dunfermline in 1992 and played just three games for the Reds before Souey realised he’d made one more transfer goulash.

I used to go and watch Dunfermline Athletic home and away in the years when Kozma was playing. He was a great player. A joy to watch and more talented than any of the 5 muppets who played in the midfield for us on saturday.

The worst player of all time: Darren bloody Peacock

Is this worst ever premiership player or just a Rovers hate figure thread?

Where are the Bradford, the Oldham, the Swindon, the Barnsley, etc players?

Of course, if someone isn't very good and played for Rovers they *must* be the worse players ever.

Agreed, it's ridiculous that so many of us seem to think that the worst ever players list is comprised of almost entirely our lads. I've never seen anyone play for Rovers that I would swap for Pascal Cygan. Alan Fettis is the worst Rover I've ever seen, and there are quite a few dobbers who've been worse than Andrews, such as Ostenstad. I don't really see the point of mentioning players who only played a handful of games, as even world class greats can have a few awful matches. Should only really look at the ones who've been impressively present whilst impressively poor.

ASHLEY WARD

Ashley Ward and Nathan Blake combined to make the the most depressing strikeforce in Premier League history.

As for Richard Brown, he didn't get as much match time as Keith thankfully. When he ran it was like he was walking strangely. He was running, but at the speed of a normal person walking, but doing the actions of the running.

I remember Jason Wilcox being KA-like awful when he first appeared in the team. Nick-names for him were "handbag" and "Jemima". I remember him getting a lot of stick then overnight he became one of the best wingers in the league.

Now that was unfair looking back on it, the lad was only 21 and surrounded by good to excellent players.

Archived