BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Keith Andrews

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got an awful lot of stick for my views on KA at the outset of his time here, but honestly, every other rovers midfielder that I can remember - going back through three different leagues, had at least something to their game. Even Marshall Burke.

The Rovers boss......has insisted that Andrews has the character to produce his best in the months to come.

"Keith is gutted about the penalty but he's the type of player who hold his hands up" said Kean.

"He made a mistake but everyone makes mistakes on the pitch.

"Of course we will support him. Keith's a great lad, he's a good player, he's an international player.

"It's just one of those things. Everyone makes mistakes, unfortunately for him in this instance it led to a penalty.

"But he's big enough, old enough and experienced enough to not let that affect him.

"I think any fan is allowed their opinion on players and you've got players you don't like as much as others. That's just football.

"Hopefully they will all help him. Our fans are fantastic, they get behind the team.

........................"The penalty that came on Saturday, it was unfortunate that Keith made a mistake, but he will bounce back from that. He won't have a problem."

All taken from the LT on 28/02/11

So it sounds as though he will be playing again.

I got an awful lot of stick for my views on KA at the outset of his time here, but honestly, every other rovers midfielder that I can remember - going back through three different leagues, had at least something to their game. Even Marshall Burke.

I've not given you any Den! I have never seen a player before who offered nothing.

Does he mean hold his hands up or point his hands?

Kean seemed to be giving him credit for holding his hand up to making the mistake for the penalty.

What seemed clear from the article was that as long as Kean is manager he will regularly play Andrews.

My reason for posting the quote was that almost everybody on the message board and lots of people at the ground disagree at Andrews being booed.

Indeed many posters are reaching the conclusion that it's not Andrews' fault for being such a poor footballer, it's the Manager's fault for playing him.

I believe the article to be another nail in Kean's coffin.

That LET write up is yet another example of Steve Kean not having a clue what he's talking about.

Andrews is pump, absolutely no doubt about it. However, I place the blame purely on the managers shoulders, Andrews is a squad player at absolute best, to be used only if we have a catastrophic bout of violent diarrhea hit the team.

To have him start is just an absolute joke.

Seems to me Kean is that desperate for allies within Ewood he is happy to big any player up.

Andrews is @#/? end off should never wear the shirt again.

As for the booing, I would imagine Keith wont be the only one getting booed heavily come the Blackpool game at home, eh Mr.Kean.

Dont know if this has been posted elsewhere:

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8742_6783770,00.html

Scroll down to see the Keith Andrews write up.

The write up below the Andrews bit on our club is shockingly accurate and a fair reflection of the opinions that all other sets of fans have about us. All of my mates have gone from thinking we're a half decent team to being absolute gash in the space of a couple of months.

The write up below the Andrews bit on our club is shockingly accurate and a fair reflection of the opinions that all other sets of fans have about us. All of my mates have gone from thinking we're a half decent team to being absolute gash in the space of a couple of months.

Same here, i went to the newcastle game with 2 of my mates, one of them basically said the same thing. He was happy though, as he had stuck a tenner on us to go down. He is more than confident of claiming his winnings.

Seems to me Kean is that desperate for allies within Ewood he is happy to big any player up.

Andrews is @#/? end off should never wear the shirt again.

As for the booing, I would imagine Keith wont be the only one getting booed heavily come the Blackpool game at home, eh Mr.Kean.

Only an idiot boos the players in the team they support. Wait till they leave the club then boo then.

Till then try to get behind them and support them. If the manager cannot get them to play better, then it is over to the fans to do it.

Only an idiot boos the players in the team they support. Wait till they leave the club then boo then.

Till then try to get behind them and support them. If the manager cannot get them to play better, then it is over to the fans to do it.

Please don't call other posters idiots. Some may feel it is the only way to get their disgust noticed. They pay their money and take their choice. You have no right to call them idiots.

Words i'm hearing form the players is that Keef is one of the best players in training. If, this is so, then the root problem has to be the quality of the players in general as their exacting standards do not match our expectations.

Can someone please sort this out.

Please don't call other posters idiots. Some may feel it is the only way to get their disgust noticed. They pay their money and take their choice. You have no right to call them idiots.

Yeah he does. The only thing booing players will ever accomplish is making them play worse. It doesn't give them a kick up the backside, it doesn't make the manager reconsider his team selection, it makes them play worse, thats it. Fans who thinks differently have no understanding of human psychology and an over-inflated opinion of how important their uneducated view is to a professional manager. So bearing that in mind PAFELL has also paid his money and the fans booing are wasting it by making his team play worse. If Rovers played all their home matches in front of the Dingles at Turf Moor, our home record would no doubt be appalling. The boo boys are wasting everyones money with their childish petulance and insistence on victimising a player to the extent that we may as well have 10 men.

Sure he was rubbish yesterday but how can any fan justify the behaviour of the booing idiots against Tottenhamb before he'd even touched the ball? Kean is worried enough that it'll happen at the next game to issue a plea in the Telegraph. Thats the extent this farcical situation has reached, being called an idiot is the least these traitors should expect from real fans. Personally I find them disgusting.

Words i'm hearing form the players is that Keef is one of the best players in training. If, this is so, then the root problem has to be the quality of the players in general as their exacting standards do not match our expectations.

Can someone please sort this out.

Roberts says on Twitter he has the 'best banter' and is one of the most liked guys.

Surely that shouldn't influence it?

Plus, if he's the best at training, our training must do nothing to highlight who is good and who's not. He can do simple little passes but get him on the pitch and he's a rabbit caught in the headlights.

Say what you want about Andrews, he's been picked by three consecutive managers. They obviously see *something* in him that eludes the rest of the world. Even Sam could have played Paul Gallagher, Alan Judge, anyone, but he stuck with him. Maybe *now* the penny will finally drop and the guy will be dropped – but I wouldn't bet on it.

Nope they are idiots, its counter productive and acomplishes nothing. Only an idiot would boo their own players. If they feel like it acomplishes something then they are either a child or stupid.

Nope they are idiots, its counter productive and acomplishes nothing. Only an idiot would boo their own players. If they feel like it acomplishes something then they are either a child or stupid.

Thing is, he plays cr@p whether he's booed or not

I will be going to my first away match of the season with my son on Saturday against Fulham.

We will be staying for the weekend and am hoping we manage to get a positive result.

However, if he is once again in the starting eleven come Saturday, I will despair> :angry2:

Don't get me wrong, I want the lad to do well and be part of a winning team but comments such as, he will bounce back from this, he's really good in training and good with the banter, just do not cut the mustard as far as I am concerned.

For Christs sake, this is a professional football club whose future is hanging in the balance, not a five a side on the local rec with your mates.

I know people regularly spout, well he must have something about him because 3 well respected, experienced managers continued to pick him. Problem is that not too many of us can see what he brings to the team but the chances are that he will start on Saturday..

Steve Kean needs our supporters to get behind the team and the players at this time but he should also remember,"If you live by the sword, you die by the sword".

Archived