BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Keith Andrews

Thank you Don for remembering my dear departed sister. Rovers supporters who wish to see Keith Andrews sold should also remember that in the current inflated transfer market Keith's skills will be very difficult to replace at a reasonable cost. It is not every player that has the ability to spray accurate 50-yard passes, play neat triangles, score goals from midfield and make match-saving tackles while bossing the midfield and Keith has given a perfect demonstration of those arts during his time at Ewood - at around £2m Forest would be getting a gem of player at a snip of price. There does not appear to be any further news of the proposed transfer in today's papers so one would hope that Mr Kean has seen sense and decided to retain Keith on an improved 5-year contract.

Tris broke Jim. :(

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think if super keef goes to Forest, for that money, he'll be a bargain, and I think he'll do well for them, as I think the Championship is his level TBH

Jim makes some valid points (No pun intended) on his value.

I'll put good money on Forest getting promoted anyway, brolly man is no mug, and is a first rate coach, whatever happens, I think Forest will be a force to be reckoned with next Season, I'll be having a crafy bet on them

I do, however, think that Rovers and Keef still need to separate, as I just don't see "The Boo'ers" ever giving up, and he doesn't help himself with all that pointing, it's like a 7 year itch, only earlier, both parties are probably just tired of each other, and if I were in his shoes, I'd be making a fresh start.

Absolutely agree. Rovers supporters down the years have always targeted players for unwarrented abuse

One of those was Super Atko and what does he have in his cabinet that countless 'supposed better players' don't have?

It was only when Kenny replaced him with David 'The Crab' Batty that the wheels almost fell off the Championship season.

One of those was Super Atko and what does he have in his cabinet that countless 'supposed better players' don't have?

It was only when Kenny replaced him with David 'The Crab' Batty that the wheels almost fell off the Championship season.

Also not to forget Jason `handbag` Wilcox,I still shudder at the amount of abuse that guy got..... :glare:

I've got a suggestion for the boo boys - next season, turn your attentions to Myles Anderson. I doubt this will happen though, as he has managed a whole 2 minutes of football in his career to date, when his team were already 5-0 up. Can't see him getting much game time.

The treatment of Andrews is disgusting, and utterly ridiculous. He has been a much better signing for us than Nicola Kalinic, who is revered by most of our support!

• 1 month later...

http://www.joe.ie/football/football-news/andrews-joins-ipswich-and-aims-dig-at-blackburn-0014897-1

He also aimed a dig at Blackburn for the way he’s been treated in recent times. “I've always conducted myself very well so it's refreshing to come to a football club where you're appreciated,” he said. “I've gone in there from League Two so it's a massive jump and I've conducted myself right from the second I walked in to the club until the second I left.”

You were never good enough for the premier league Keith regardless of how hard you worked, you can thank your buddy Paul Ince for that.

Gosh I hadn't looked at this thread since the beginning of June- haven't we been having an exciting time!

Yes Keith Andrews has conducted himself well and with dignity.

However, I think Rovers' squad is stronger through having him on loan at Ipswich and not available for selection at Ewood.

Always worked hard enough, just not enough quality.

Just the same with Jon Stead, if he had been Premier League material he'd have been snapped up by a Premier league club.

btw....I got lots of stick a few years ago for claiming that Jon Stead was not Premier League quality but given that he's roamed around the lower leagues and never played again in the Prem I've never seen a post or a pm containing a retraction or an apology. Crikey we even had some goons saying that Grabbi was a good player and that we never gave him a proper chance. :rolleyes: What do people watch when they go to a match?

See Keith has turned around the Tractor Boys season.

Thumping away win last week and 0-0 home to Hull until KA made his appearance as sub.

Final score 0-1.

OK I'll let it go now. He is still our player though remember.

See Keith has turned around the Tractor Boys season.

Thumping away win last week and 0-0 home to Hull until KA made his appearance as sub.

Final score 0-1.

OK I'll let it go now. He is still our player though remember.

Yeah, good job he wasn't about today - imagine if he'd filled in at centre half, remember what happened last time? Also his absence allowed a hard working, promising young pro like Myles Anderson to get on the bench!

Yeah, good job he wasn't about today - imagine if he'd filled in at centre half, remember what happened last time? Also his absence allowed a hard working, promising young pro like Myles Anderson to get on the bench!

As the new Chris Smalling, why didnt Kean play him???

• Backroom

Ipswich losing 5-1 and down to 9, ridiculous goal by Keith though it just showed Peterborough taking a pen and Keith was doing his best pointing!

Definitely a sending off (obvious goal-scoring opportunity) but never a penalty in a million years - well outside the box.

Two of Posh's goals could well have been given offside too. Linesman on their side tonight!

Archived