BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Keith Andrews

Im only highlighting my argument that the supporters have made him worse than he was. And he was a decent squad player NO ONE can deny that.

The only times I've ever thought he had a decent game, including his other two seasons, were when he played in defense a few times. For some reason he seemed more comfortable and developed the ability to head the ball. I remember seeing him on the team sheet in defense and almost committed Hari-Kari. But he looked a decent defender, not brilliant but adequate. Whether that was because Sam was a defender himself so coached him accordingly I don't know.

So sadly I can deny that, and I don't believe the supporters have made him worse than he was. I don't believe he's a confidence player like Pederson. I just think he's totally out of his depth and really the blame rests with the manager who purchased him and the managers that have continued to play him.

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just think he's totally out of his depth and really the blame rests with the manager who purchased him and the managers that have continued to play him.

I concur booth and is the reason for my defence of him - problem now (except for an inclusive few 1864 etc who are not fans at any length)is he is being made a scapegoat for the catastrophe that happened at Villa.

When he pulls on that blue and white shirt he is the same as anybody else ( I have even bitten my lip with Diouf) wearing the same.

• Backroom

As bad as he is I think at times he masks other problems, look at the Newcastle game we were awful and he wasn't in the squad

Mr. Andrews,

Why, as a midfield player, do you refuse to tackle another player.

Dunn who is one tackle away from intensive care, tackles.

Gamst, who is a wuss, tackles.

I have seen Jason Roberts, who's targeting computer is severely damaged, try a tackle and actually hit the ball.

I have even seen Robokeeper come out and tackle.

Whats your excuse?

You anger me Mr. Andrews, with your clean tucked in shirt and woman on a Run for Cancer running style. Have your knees ever seen dirt?

I am sure you will get a run out against Fulham - run out there and destroy a player with a sliding tackle, just one is all I ask. Get a yellow and prove you are not.

Just an assumption hence I wrote MAY, but I've seen a lot of players who have been very good at training, but being low on confidence/nervous never perform in matches. Mentality is really important in sports.

You also said "the fact he is one of the better performers in training."

Which is it? You're right about mentality though, some people never manage to produce the goods on the big stage because of nerves.

I forgot to mention that I exchanged a few words with our favourite Irishman yesterday. He's clearly a man on edge right now as he jumped on the smallest of comments about the team needing to pick it up. Telling me 'why don't you manage the team then" to which I replied that I had about as much management experience as Kean. He then walked off saying I was "lippy". I could have taken it personal Keith but i didn't. But I do hate you even more than before - if that's possible.

I forgot to mention that I exchanged a few words with our favourite Irishman yesterday. He's clearly a man on edge right now as he jumped on the smallest of comments about the team needing to pick it up. Telling me 'why don't you manage the team then" to which I replied that I had about as much management experience as Kean. He then walked off saying I was "lippy". I could have taken it personal Keith but i didn't. But I do hate you even more than before - if that's possible.

So if you didn't take it personally why do you hate him even more? :wstu:

So if you didn't take it personally why do you hate him even more? :wstu:

What I meant was I could have taken the exchange to a personal level but felt that he'd probably had enough stick for one season off us lot. He was the one who snapped without proper provocation which is why he's slipped even further in my estimations.

even though i know he's out of his depth in the PL but when we get relegated he could be useful :(

Nah, I have witnessed Keith on several occasions in the Championship when he was at Hull City and he was out of his depth there also.

Archived