BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Keith Andrews

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys should see if you can arrange a meeting with him. You can say something along the lines of:

"Look Keith, I know you've played for your country and in the best league in the world for a number of years now, but you should really listen to us. We have no experience in the game and haven't played football since secondary school but its pretty obvious we know what we're talking about and could do a better job than you. We are in no way trying to blame a succession of terrible performances (half of which you didn't feature in) on one scapegoat, but you have to admit this is all your fault. Now get lost you useless turd, I pay 10 whole pounds to watch Rovers play and can do 26 kick-ups, which means I get to insult you whenever I want."

What a joke Andy Cryer is for printing that garbage in todays Telegraph regarding Andrews. Yokal clown just stokes up more flames for the Blackburn public by going back page headline news about a player who simply isnt good enough for the premiership.

Keith Andrews might be good enough for Bristol City, but aint anywhere near good enough for Blackburn Rovers as is the current manager Steve Kean. Neither are good enough for the premiership, so to print rubbish like todays back page garbage just adds fuel to criticise the local yokal journalist Andy Cryer.

All of a sudden standards are caving in at Blackburn that now the paper starts slagging the fans off for their opinion which is pretty much unaminous in their collective thoughts on the people running the club and certain individuals who fall below the standards that they expect for Rovers.

Thank you not so much Venky's.

You guys should see if you can arrange a meeting with him. You can say something along the lines of:

"Look Keith, I know you've played for your country and in the best league in the world for a number of years now, but you should really listen to us. We have no experience in the game and haven't played football since secondary school but its pretty obvious we know what we're talking about and could do a better job than you. We are in no way trying to blame a succession of terrible performances (half of which you didn't feature in) on one scapegoat, but you have to admit this is all your fault. Now get lost you useless turd, I pay 10 whole pounds to watch Rovers play and can do 26 kick-ups, which means I get to insult you whenever I want."

Are you his agent or Andy Cryer?

Ha! laugh.giflaugh.gif

All very true. But while he is not as terrible as everyone says he still isn't good enough no matter which way you look at it. He is also 30 years old. Must be moved on if Kean and Venky's have an ounce of sense as to extend him will make the fans go crazy.

Andrews, Grella, Zurab all need to go.

Of course he does, he won't get as much money anywhere else ... <_<

And there you have it in a nutshell. The useless lump knows he is not wanted but has a thick enough skin to sit it out, take the abuse if necessary and collect his pound of flesh in spite of it all.

If the boo-boys had got their way, Mark Atkins, Jason Wilcox and Tim Sherwood would have all been shown the door before our League title success. So lets be honest, they have proven to be very poor judges in the past.

It shouldn't matter who pulls on the shirt, we are SUPPORTERS. The clue is in the name!

It's not as if he has appeared out of nowhere, he featured heavily under Allardyce. In his first season, he was one of a small number of players who could hold his head up. If his name was a bit more exotic... like Mauro Formica or Herold Goulon, I expect he'd be lauded.

Perhaps you and Blue_and_White would like to form a Keith Andrews fan club? He would appreciate it and maybe it would interest the Guinness book of records as the smallest membership in the world.

Brilliant - best thing I've read on here for ages :lol:

They won't listen to you though - they know best and that's that. It doesn't matter if their only real footballing experience is filling in once on a Sunday when their local was short, that doesn't matter, they just know best and that's that.

The good thing about it though is it means you can spot them far easily because they readily identify themselves!

Perhaps you and Blue_and_White would like to form a Keith Andrews fan club? He would appreciate it and maybe it would interest the Guinness book of records as the smallest membership in the world.

Yeah, I'd be up for that! Maybe we could get those 2 clueless people, who know absolutely nothing about football, that go by the names of Sam Allardyce and Giovanni Trapattoni to join us.

Wouldn't mind if it was the worlds smallest fan club. Going with the herd (or perhaps flock is more fitting here) isn't always wise.

It'd do better than a fan club for you. Doubt even you'd want to join that one.

:lol: Gladly. "For just £5 a month you will receive a free Guiness Hat, giant foam jazz hands and a fridge magnet bottle opener of an angry Rovers fan who shouts some abusive criticism whenever you use it!"

Seriously though smallest membership in the world? 30% of fans on here wanted him to stay in that recent poll. Just like 85% didn't want Allardyce to be sacked. The same old characters who moan and moan and moan until they get their way always assume that those keeping quiet agree with them. Far from it, those keeping quiet usually don't agree with them and are just too sensible to bother arguing with a broken record. I'm obviously not!

If the boo-boys had got their way, Mark Atkins, Jason Wilcox and Tim Sherwood would have all been shown the door before our League title success. So lets be honest, they have proven to be very poor judges in the past.

It shouldn't matter who pulls on the shirt, we are SUPPORTERS. The clue is in the name!

It's not as if he has appeared out of nowhere, he featured heavily under Allardyce. In his first season, he was one of a small number of players who could hold his head up. If his name was a bit more exotic... like Mauro Formica or Herold Goulon, I expect he'd be lauded.

Atkins wasn't that great but wasn't as bad as KA, he also had much better players around him who could cover his back.

Wilcox and Sherwood weren't great at first but were much younger than KA. Sadly Keith is the finished article.

Formica, Goulon lauded? What are you on about? One hasn't kicked a ball for the team yet so the jury is out, and Goulon has been awful whenever he's played. Difference is KA has had a lot more match time.

Do yoi believe KA to be a good player then?

Atkins wasn't that great but wasn't as bad as KA, he also had much better players around him who could cover his back.

Wilcox and Sherwood weren't great at first but were much younger than KA. Sadly Keith is the finished article.

Formica, Goulon lauded? What are you on about? One hasn't kicked a ball for the team yet so the jury is out, and Goulon has been awful whenever he's played. Difference is KA has had a lot more match time.

Do you know that Kenny said Mark Atkins had the ability to move the ball forward more quickly than anyone in the team, Andrews cant even move the ball forward slowly, its sideways, backwards or to the opposition!

Yes, I believe he is a good player. I think the fact he is an International regular, and has played regularly in our side since signing (apart from injury, and despite some people's best attempts to prevent him playing) show this to be the case. I never said Formica and Goulon were lauded. Plenty of people though do claim they should both start ahead of Andrews.

Atkins was a fantastic player for us. Look at the goals he scored, as well as the fantastic performances he put in over the years. To suggest he needed players to "cover his back" is disgraceful. Wilcox received abuse from sections of the crowd right up until he left, 10 years + after making his debut.

The other fact of the matter is booing a player is completely counterproductive, however you dress it up. If you pulled on a Rovers shirt, whatever your level of ability, surely the supporters should want you to succeed, and support you!

Do you know that Kenny said Mark Atkins had the ability to move the ball forward more quickly than anyone in the team, Andrews cant even move the ball forward slowly, its sideways, backwards or to the opposition!

But that's only in your head of course, because I distinctly remember a large number of forward balls from him. I definitely remember the ball moving forward for the goals he scored - I'm guessing in your head the goal posts moved backwards instead though :lol:

Archived