BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Saving Blackburn Rovers

BPF

The difference 2 years ago was that we were already in recovery following a much needed change of management.

I agree about getting behind the team at the matches but you have to look at the bigger picture and it's not disloyal to call for change.

Read my other posts. I also am calling for change. But if, when or even if it dosent happen, we must support the players on the pitch for the sake of the club. That is our part.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not going to say much about this apart from:

Relegation has not been factored into anything. If we go down then we don't even want to imagine the consequences, trust me.

Not sure what your day job is but your snippets suggest that you are a bit of a tease who likes to keep folk dangling.

Would be delighted in future if you could share a tad more with us.

Just a random question

What will actually happen if we go down? Will we do a Newcastle/West Brom or a Charlton? If so, why?

The whole thing is terrifying me. We weren't going to stay in the Prem forever, so was it just a case of 'when' the club fell apart? (most seem to agree relegation will cripple us).

We dont want to go to that very dark place Sambo.

Under the Trust relegation would have been crippling to us.

Under Venky's, difficult to say. Moderate investment would go a fair way in the Championship (though Ipswich have spent nearly 20M in the past two seasons and have nothing to show for it) but would Venky's have any interest in us if we were relegated? I don't think they'd be able to up sticks and leave, but whether they'd provide the neccessary funds to get us back up is a question nobody can really answer. I'd like to think so, but with this lot who honestly knows?

From what I heard they havent even allowed for wage decreases in the event of relegation, I neednt tell anyone what that means for our club, absolutely mental, there is only one winner here and its not Rovers or Venkys!!!

Relegation would be a total disaster.

In all probability, if you factor in new improved contracts to several players, January window transfer fees and agents' fees, we will be operating at a loss.

Parachute payments would help but there would still be a huge operating deficit.

How precarious is Rovers' financial position - as yet, we are unsure, however, what we do know is that Barclays has, what I term, a 'belt and braces' job.

A former colleague of mine was involved in an administration of a once famous club. As a football lover, he hated it, and described it as horrible, like ripping the heart out of a living being.

We simply don't want to go there.

Can you or your advisor's name one top flight club in Europe that has appointed a Manager with no previous experience and fulfilled their expectations, as far as I know the answer to that is NO!.

Kenny Dalglish - Liverpool first stint. No managerial experience - may have been a top player - but absolutely no guarantee to be the success he was.

Kenny Dalglish - Liverpool first stint. No managerial experience - may have been a top player - but absolutely no guarantee to be the success he was.

At what part of the season was he appointed?

What position had liverpool finished in the leage the previous season/ or what position were they occupying?

What status did he have at the club before the appointment? i.e. a living legend in Liverpool (hence the huge amount of support he would have had from fans, players and the boardroom)

Completely different situation <_<

My message to Mrs Desai :-

I can understand your initial appointment of Steve Kean as a caretaker manager. Like many other Rovers fans I had assumed you would have a high profile manager lined up to take over from Sam Allardyce. I was surprised you appointed Steve Kean on a 2.5 year contract - though appreciate you possibly saw this as a way of providing stability for the club.

Due to the poor run of results since Steve Kean took over - the club now finds itself in a precarious position with relegation from the Premiership a real possibility. To some extent the players have to take some responsibility - however if Steve Kean has lost the faith of the players all will be lost (as it is in all businesses when a leader loses the commitment of his team).

I would suggest you arrange a telephone conference with all the senior players to gauge the feeling of the players - and whether they are truly behind Steve Kean and his methods. If they are - the next two matches will be key and he should be given the opportunity to show his methods work (and also introduce the new players he purchased) in these matches. However - if the players aren't fully behind him - then I fear that for the good of the club you may need to replace him with a more experienced manager (possibly demoting him back to coach - at which I believe he was previously excellent).

Could have worded it better to get my point across, nevertheless there is always (or in most cases) an exception even it was two and half decades ago.

His backroom staff, players, board room including finances at that time were what you might say in tip top condition, still be surprised if they knew your answer. ;)

Don't think you can compare the two. Dalglish had the famous Liverpool back room boys including Roy Evans and Ronnie Moran, who had years of experience of how things were done the Liverpool way to help him.

Don't think you can compare the two. Dalglish had the famous Liverpool back room boys including Roy Evans and Ronnie Moran, who had years of experience of how things were done the Liverpool way to help him.

And so did Souness - but he wasn't a success at Liverpool (well not by the high standards they had at the time).

What often makes a successful manager is often good luck and timing. After the first few matches I did wonder whether Kean would enjoy the most important asset of being a manager - that bit of luck required.

I always hope for the best with every manager we appoint - whether I agree or not - for me it is about supporting the club. Whichever method fans show their displeasure about Kean/Venky's whatever - leave it till the end of the match - anything else won't help (what is now) our fight against relegation.

What often makes a successful manager is often good luck and timing. After the first few matches I did wonder whether Kean would enjoy the most important asset of being a manager - that bit of luck required.

I thought Kean did enjoy some good luck early on.

In the Liverpool game when Gerrard skied his penalty.

In the West Brom game when, under no real pressure, their defender scored an own goal when we had created very little.

I thought Kean did enjoy some good luck early on.

In the Liverpool game when Gerrard skied his penalty.

In the West Brom game when, under no real pressure, their defender scored an own goal when we had created very little.

His biggest stroke of luck was getting the job in the first place. It's rapidly become a shambles since. Time to get rid and get someone experienced and respected in. Not my favourite but Benitez would fit the bill. :unsure:

<br />Relegation would be a total disaster.

In all probability, if you factor in new improved contracts to several players, January window transfer fees and agents' fees, we will be operating at a loss.........

Parachute payments would help but there would still be a huge operating deficit.........

How precarious is Rovers' financial position - as yet, we are unsure.

No probability about it, it's an absolute nailed on certainty. Rovers lost several millions in the period ending June 2010. Say we finish 17th (please God) that alone knocks £5m off the revenue from Sky. For the sake of fairness assume Rovers broke even in 2010:

Lower Place money (17th?) - £5m

Loan wages - £4m

Increased Contracts - £2m (guess)

New player wages - £2m

Allardyce etc - £2m (guess)

JW - £0.5m (guess)

Agents fees - ???

Incoming transfers - £4m

I'd guess the 2010/11 season will show a loss in the region of at least £20m, depending on how the transfer costs are amortised, - if we are lucky. It's easy to see how the new regime are creating a bucket load of costs which we don't have the cash to finance - and never did have. Debt, debt, debt and probably more than this!

So yes relegation would be a complete disaster. Even if we stay up we are in a deep financial mess, which in previous seasons has required us to sell players, never mind buy them!!

Paul your post was the most depressing piece Ive read in a while and puts the bigger picture into perspective. Whilst none of it was news, actually reading it and seeing it with your own eyes instead of inside your head adds a dimension to it.

:angry2:

Sorry.

Those of you depressed at the thought of impending relegation should spare a thought for the lads and lasses who have booked flights to Hong Kong for this summer's Asia Cup .... A competition whose entry criteria depends on our Premier League survival.

Not sure what your day job is but your snippets suggest that you are a bit of a tease who likes to keep folk dangling.

I wouldn't say tease, but it would be nice to know more, but he probable is not able too.

I'm a teacher.

Ex marketing employee of a number of large companies ranging from Jack Daniels to The Mirror.

I'm sorry that I only post snippets but I get told how much I'm allowed to say and if I say more, I'll lose the contact. It's as easy as that recently.

Archived