BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Saving Blackburn Rovers

BPF

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know you've got a few contacts BPF, but I assure you the money in the Walker family see Blackburn Rovers as one of Jacks biggest disasters, and a complete and utter waste of money.

making a small town club as successful as it's been for 20 years and they think it's 'a disaster' says it all about the Trust.

I know you've got a few contacts BPF, but I assure you the money in the Walker family see Blackburn Rovers as one of Jacks biggest disasters, and a complete and utter waste of money.

If that's true, then the end very well could be nigh.

Everything hangs on us staying up, everything.

Every single penny which the Trust put into this club (apart from potentially the first 2 years) was put in reluctantly and only EVER to make the club worth more in a sale (eg: to keep the club up, and therefore worth more.)

I've only just seen this thread (I'm new to the board).

I certainly think there is plenty we can do, as we've seen at other clubs.

Please read the Supporters Trust thread I posted.

Thanks.

Yes maybe, but their love for Jack outwayed their personal opinion on football and Rovers in particular. The reality is that if Rovers had built on the success of winning them prem, better than they did. It would have generated money for both the club and the Walkers.

I have also heard they are not happy with what is going on. If I was in their shoes niether would I. They have been betrayed by the current owners - this is of course my personal opinion.

what we need to do as supporters is basicaly to go cap in hand to the Walkers. Yes we need to beg them to come back and buy the club. Before there is no club left to buy.

what we need to do as supporters is basicaly to go cap in hand to the Walkers. Yes we need to beg them to come back and buy the club. Before there is no club left to buy.

How is anyone suppost to contact the Walkers to beg them to come back

How is anyone suppost to contact the Walkers to beg them to come back

There are people on here who are able to do so. If there are not, then we find a way. Where there is a will, there is a way. Arte et labore

How was this board able to contact John Williams to thank him for what he did for the club.

There are people on here who are able to do so. If there are not, then we find a way. Where there is a will, there is a way. Arte et labore

How was this board able to contact John Williams to thank him for what he did for the club.

Maybe somebody who can do a good write up should do a topic then or whoever knows of a email address where we can get hold of them should publish it (with their permission of course) so fans can tell them how much they are needed

A lot of people seem to be calling for the Trust to come back.

First off... like that's going to happen!

I wouldn't completely bet against it, but I doubt Fred would buy back in until the club is relegated a couple of divs or in administration. Fred is not a football fan like his brother and it would need to look like a good investment for that to happen imo. We enjoy excellent facilities and shrewd management and a modest investment could see BRFC rise to the top again....

.....then they could flog em again. Good business. And I'm sure that Jack would have approved. ;)

alternatively we can but hope that H brought Prince Albert for a quick look see last month. :tu:

I have a couple of important questions that need answering

1. If the unthinkable happens and we are relegated will the owners (Venkys) invest all they can in ensuring we get back up to the premiership?

2.Although after today you backed Kean to turn things round in view of recent results, bizarre substitutions/tactics do you not think he needs some major help of an experienced manager?

The Americans were bringing Liverpool down, but their fans did not let that happen. Despite the fact that the Americans had every legal right to hold on to the club, the fans protested to such an extent that even the courts cowered and let them have their way.

Yes maybe, but their love for Jack outwayed their personal opinion on football and Rovers in particular. The reality is that if Rovers had built on the success of winning them prem, better than they did. It would have generated money for both the club and the Walkers.

I have also heard they are not happy with what is going on. If I was in their shoes niether would I. They have been betrayed by the current owners - this is of course my personal opinion.

Who sold the club to Venkys??

<br />I have a couple of important questions that need answering

1. If the unthinkable happens and we are relegated will the owners (Venkys) invest all they can in ensuring we get back up to the premiership?>

The last time Rovers were relegated it cost £30m to finance the club in the Championship and win promotion.

The question is not will the owners invest but HAVE they got the money? In my opinion all the evidence suggests they don't have the financial resources to achieve this, should it be required.

I am afraid paul is probably correct.

There is little way I can see the club bouncing back from relegation.

Even if we stay up, avoiding relegation next season will be all but impossible unless Mrs Desai continues along her steep learning curve very rapidly.

You don't need God, you don't need the vindictive media, you don't need to have Burnley fan - what you need is a couple of scaremongers hiding the under the cloak of 'caring most about the history and the interests of our club' -

to judge us as having already been relegated - no wait, even 'liquidated'

Brilliant!

The Americans were bringing Liverpool down, but their fans did not let that happen. Despite the fact that the Americans had every legal right to hold on to the club, the fans protested to such an extent that even the courts cowered and let them have their way.

Difference being Liverpool had somebody interested in buying them. As things stand now, Rovers do not. Somebody said on here Rovers have a few influential supporters who would not let the club go bust. My question is WHO? Because non of these have raised their heads before, so if they exsist, why should they do now and not in the past.

What a load of balderdash!!

Please provide a link to as to proof the Americans had legal rights!

Difference being Liverpool had somebody interested in buying them. As things stand now, Rovers do not. Somebody said on here Rovers have a few influential supporters who would not let the club go bust. My question is WHO? Because non of these have raised their heads before, so if they exsist, why should they do now and not in the past.

I said I know of people who are very well connected and I hope would step in. I also said I suspected that might only be in administration as the club would be cheaper. Please don't ask me who these people are as I'm simply not prepared to say, it would be completely wrong of me. It's a hope I have and one I think is not completely out of the question. Nobody has said anything to me, I just wouldn't be surprised if it happened.

I said I know of people who are very well connected and I hope would step in. I also said I suspected that might only be in administration as the club would be cheaper. Please don't ask me who these people are as I'm simply not prepared to say, it would be completely wrong of me. It's a hope I have and one I think is not completely out of the question. Nobody has said anything to me, I just wouldn't be surprised if it happened.

Ok Paul, I couldn't remember who had said something about these people. Understand about not be able to name these people - rightly so also.

Lets hope.

Good intentions Paul - Which looking at in the bigger picture may be the best thing which , falls in line with what Theno has posted.

Because this is so very very wrong - (and this is not against you BPF but the meaning of the statement) and the sad indictement of football and the Premier league

BPF

Archived