BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bring back Big Sam

Mercer

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It might be our only chance of retaining PL status (my main interest) and for Venkys to maintain the value of their investment (which goes hand-in-hand with PL status).

Do you think Sam would return with those clowns in charge?

They would have to bring back Williams as well and dispose of Anderson, plus Kean and Jensen.

I'd have him back in a heartbeat!!

Do you think Sam would return with those clowns in charge? Yes, with the right Chairman and assurances. They would have to bring back Williams as well and dispose of Anderson, plus Kean and Jensen. That would be bloody good.

I'd have him back in a heartbeat!! Wise man!

Not nearly as ludicrous as some would think ! Just think it all through very carefully.

Not nearly as ludicrous as some would think ! Just think it all through very carefully.

It is quite ludicrous, would you go back if you were in his shoes, assurances or not?

For ###### sakes he was sacked, booted right out the door, no messing about.

I dread to think how bad this message board will get in the coming weeks if this is any example......

My stance on Allardyce, just to clarify, was that I would never have sacked him mid season, even with the dross football we were playing at times under him, pretty much the same as most on here.

I understand your stance, but seriously, he would never return.

I was a big fan of Big Sam. ok the football wasn't good, BUT MOST IMPORTANT you produce results. And that's what football is about. It is a results based industry, don't get points for entertaining football.

And we would never go down, and I believe we could have push for a europe place this season.

I think if they had trusted Big Sam and had a meeting with him about his plans for the club. Then I think we would NOT be in this mess we are in!!! Big Sam could sign the players he could only afford. But he knew we needed better quality players. He wanted Guti in the summer and would have got him if the trust had not withdrew the funds.

It might be our only chance of retaining PL status (my main interest) and for Venkys to maintain the value of their investment (which goes hand-in-hand with PL status).

Maybe we could get Jack back from the grave whilst you are at it.

lets not forget, most people on this board wanted Sam out. Do the same people want him back?

I dont think you can say most people wanted him out. Most rational people wouldve accepted a change in the summer of 2011 for someone who is a qualified manager. Emphasis on both words.

I was a big fan of Big Sam. ok the football wasn't good, BUT MOST IMPORTANT you produce results. And that's what football is about. It is a results based industry, don't get points for entertaining football.

And we would never go down, and I believe we could have push for a europe place this season.

I think if they had trusted Big Sam and had a meeting with him about his plans for the club. Then I think we would NOT be in this mess we are in!!! Big Sam could sign the players he could only afford. But he knew we needed better quality players. He wanted Guti in the summer and would have got him if the trust had not withdrew the funds.

Really?

Never go down under Big Sam?

You believe that?

You often hear the saying it is not good to go back. Do I believe Sam could keep Rovers up from this point, yes. But would I want him for next season, then No.

I would not want to bring him back just for ten games. Rovers need a new permanent manager now, who can be here for next season as well.

As above, there's a 0% chance of Big Sam coming back to work for Venky's after the way they sacked him a few months ago.

For me, there's no better manager in the Premiership for a club our size, under the constraints we work within and particularly in the situation we now found ourselves perilously close to.

I was always a big Sam fan - results and league finishes always count for more than performances and always will - and would not have that feeling of upcoming dread in my gut if he was still at Ewood.

i dont want him back , id rather we were relegatd to be honest, than have to put up with his sh@t football.

He ain't coming back obviously, however to say that you'd rather be relegated than be comfortable in the PL with Sam I have to ask after your sanity.

Without him, the team has totally disintegrated and the club could be on the edge of utter disaster if we went down, but yeah thank god we've got shut of 'hoofball'!

i dont want him back , id rather we were relegatd to be honest, than have to put up with his sh@t football.

Well unless there's a major change made soon, we're probably going to be relegated playing equally poor football.

Guaranteed Premiership football every year playing unattractive stuff or relegation under a novice manager playing equally unattractive stuff?

Decisions, decisions...

lets not forget, most people on this board wanted Sam out.

no they didn't! A typical vocal minority did.

A Lancs Telegraph poll was taken at the time - 80% of fans disagreed with his sacking.

It's irrelevant anyway - as if big sam would come back and work for these clueless clowns

Archived