BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bring back Big Sam

Mercer

i dont want him back , id rather we were relegatd to be honest, than have to put up with his sh@t football.

Other than the Liverpool game, the football under Kean has generally been sh@t. Personally, I dont particularly enjoy watching us pass the ball across the back, occassionally into midfield, then back again to the defence, and then lose the ball, and either concede or nearly concede. Because that is the sh@t brand of football we are getting under Kean! We dont play any football in the right areas because we cant get the ball forward! The last few matches have been utterly dreadful. Jermaine Jones has been picked every week under Kean - in my opinion he is a glorified clogger, he's not a footballer, and i've seen more comfortable players on the ball in the Blackburn Combination.

So it seems you would rather us be relegated and have to put up with Kean's sh@t football instead?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this thread shouldnt even be here - sam allardyce shouldnt of gone in the first place

The reality though is he has gone. To be honest I do not want Sam to come back. But if he came, then I would give him my support, as he would be in the hot seat, the manager of the Rovers. But I do not want him back, for the simple reason being that he has now gone and it is time for the club and all of us to move on. Even now, because I am a Rovers supporter, it would be good for Kean - for the clubs sake alone - to be able to get the results required to keep Rovers up. But I do not believe he is able to do so. Therefore he either goes, changes his position in the club. by that I mean go back to coaching and not being a manager. I do not believe he deserves to be kicked out of the club. He has tried to be the manager, but sadly for all concerned, he is not up to the task. Happy to keep him as a coach, though he would maybe find it impossible to do so. At this moment in time, I would even have Tony Parkes instead of Steve Kean until the end of the season - as I believe he would do a better job than Kean is doing now.

Yes speculate on who we would like to have as manager now. But we will all differ in our opinions. But if it is true that the owners do not have much funds. Then it would have to be somebody who is either not at a club or is about to leave a club, because of compensation issues.

i dont want him back , id rather we were relegatd to be honest, than have to put up with his sh@t football.

Well, you're about to get your wish.

The reality though is he has gone. To be honest I do not want Sam to come back. But if he came, then I would give him my support, as he would be in the hot seat, the manager of the Rovers. But I do not want him back, for the simple reason being that he has now gone and it is time for the club and all of us to move on. Even now, because I am a Rovers supporter, it would be good for Kean - for the clubs sake alone - to be able to get the results required to keep Rovers up. But I do not believe he is able to do so. Therefore he either goes, changes his position in the club. by that I mean go back to coaching and not being a manager. I do not believe he deserves to be kicked out of the club. He has tried to be the manager, but sadly for all concerned, he is not up to the task. Happy to keep him as a coach, though he would maybe find it impossible to do so. At this moment in time, I would even have Tony Parkes instead of Steve Kean until the end of the season - as I believe he would do a better job than Kean is doing now.

Yes speculate on who we would like to have as manager now. But we will all differ in our opinions. But if it is true that the owners do not have much funds. Then it would have to be somebody who is either not at a club or is about to leave a club, because of compensation issues.

About time you woke up. Better late than never! I'd have Sam back without a seconds thought but we all know it won't happen.

• Backroom

Conclusion - love him or loathe him, you have to respect him.

Come on Raos, just do it !

Conclusion - hardly anyone agrees with your initial statement.

Come on Raos, don't do that but do something!

There's no chance of him coming back, no chance of the owners asking him to come back!

The owners would lose too much 'face' by asking him back and why would he come back, he was treat so badly when we were getting results he wouldn't have much confidence in keeping his job if the club went through a rough patch.

Yes we are, we need a real manager,like Sam was.

47er, i enjoy your posts. They are usually very well thought out and constructive. But you must see what a pointless exercise this thread is? My comments were aimed at the validity of the thread not the ability of Sam Allardyce.

Guest CAMVENKYS

Are you sure you want this manager back,poor poor football,poor tactics and most of all he is only intrested in promoting himself,mr kean may not be everybodies choice but he has chrasima,and talks a good game.

Are you sure you want this manager back,poor poor football,poor tactics and most of all he is only intrested in promoting himself,mr kean may not be everybodies choice but he has chrasima,and talks a good game.

He has the charisma of a boiled cabbage on the touchline - where it matters.

I would rather have a slack jawed yokel, staring into the camera while he moves his plug of tobacco from cheek to cheek, intermittent whistlings of Dixie, and the odd yukyukyuk, who wins matches, than a polished ponce who couldn't motivate a five dollar whore to kiss his cheek.

47er, i enjoy your posts. They are usually very well thought out and constructive. But you must see what a pointless exercise this thread is? My comments were aimed at the validity of the thread not the ability of Sam Allardyce.

Sorry-didn't see where you were aiming. I said myself there's no chance of Sam coming back so from a literal aspect the thread is indeed pointless. Guess it allows people to let off some steam.

We need someone like him though--an experienced manager who can organise a team and has plenty of Premier League experience. Who's actually available? I can only think of O'Neil but in all honesty the football Villa played under him was quite 1-dimensional even though he'd spent a lot of Lerners' dosh.

Doubt if he's exotic enough for Venkys though even if they were about to abandon Kean.

Well, you're about to get your wish.

About time you woke up. Better late than never! I'd have Sam back without a seconds thought but we all know it won't happen.

I've been awake all the time. I am all for giving people a chance to see what they can do. But Kean blew his chance. But who to bring in is a hard one. Especailly with only 10 games left. O'neil needs too much time to turn a side around. Souness would put dunn in the reserves - not a bad thing. But he would tighten the team up. Sam isn't coming back, so we can forget that. For 10 games, I think I would opt for Souness.

Archived