BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bring back Big Sam

Mercer

But quite correct. We'd stagnated, were playing mind-numbing, percentage (i.e. luck) based football and just squirmed through our record Premier League defeat. However, having sacked him they should have appointed an experienced, forward-thinking Premier League manager, not a journeyman coach. That's the BIG mistake in all this.

As for the title of this thread - no way in hell. Not a chance.

Stagnated? How thick can you be? Why can't complete idiots like you see how good a manager Allardyce is, it is seriously unbelievable.

When he took over we were 5 points from safety, no money, ###### squad, demoralised players. He came in and did a great job of keeping us up. Then over a summer with a budget that was virtually non-existent he created a strong, organised, premier league team which finished 10th in the league and were unfortunate to lose a League cup semi-final.

This season we were doing fine, 11th in the league, winning games that mattered most (key to survival) and grabbing the odd away win (Newcastle, Blackpool). There was little danger because in my opinion we had a manager who knew how to handle the Premier League with a non-existant budget. And people like you decide to boo the team when we were 3-0 up at home against Wolves and keeping posession!!

When we finally had the chance to allow Allardyce to have a budget and to develop the team, we sacked him and appointed a novice with no experience of Premier League management.

This isn't just aimed at you. There's Bucky, topman, Exiled in Toronto to name but a few.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Stagnated? How thick can you be? Why can't complete idiots like you see how good a manager Allardyce is, it is seriously unbelievable.

When he took over we were 5 points from safety, no money, ###### squad, demoralised players. He came in and did a great job of keeping us up. Then over a summer with a budget that was virtually non-existent he created a strong, organised, premier league team which finished 10th in the league and were unfortunate to lose a League cup semi-final.

This season we were doing fine, 11th in the league, winning games that mattered most (key to survival) and grabbing the odd away win (Newcastle, Blackpool). There was little danger because in my opinion we had a manager who knew how to handle the Premier League with a non-existant budget. And people like you decide to boo the team when we were 3-0 up at home against Wolves and keeping posession!!

When we finally had the chance to allow Allardyce to have a budget and to develop the team, we sacked him and appointed a novice with no experience of Premier League management.

Spot on. No matter what personal feelings people have towards Allardyce, to say he didn't do a good job here or had caused the team to stagnate is simply ridiculous.

But quite correct. We'd stagnated, were playing mind-numbing, percentage (i.e. luck) based football and just squirmed through our record Premier League defeat. However, having sacked him they should have appointed an experienced, forward-thinking Premier League manager, not a journeyman coach. That's the BIG mistake in all this.

He wont come back here,we're being run into the ground by clowns.

One thing is for sure,we wouldn't be in this feckin mess if Sam was still here,and anyone with an ounce of sense will realise this.Allardyce had the ability to galvanize a side even with limited talent.

So much for the gobshytes who wanted 'entertaining' football....it could possibly cost us our club <_<

This isn't just aimed at you. There's Bucky, topman, Exiled in Toronto to name but a few.

All very true my Grand Pobah, but you forgot to mention, and please allow me to point this out, that he also had a fantastic ability to convince aging big name players to come to small town teams and, generally, get the best out of them.

He was also very active on the touchline and could plan a decent substitution.

Not to mention his huge support to the local chewing gum manufacturies.

We'd stagnated up to about 8th in the League.

Everything that has happened since he was sacked underlines what a great job Sam Allardyce was doing.

The sacking of Sam was completely ridiculous.

It looks even more ridiculous now.

Unless you're keen to see Rovers swap places with Burnley.

I see no chance in Big Sam returning but I am more than open to the idea of finding a new coach to replace Keane. Perhaps this thread should simply be turned into who should the next manager be? I saw Chris Hughton was watching the Manchester City game today and looking for a job, he has the experience of bringing a club up from the Championship and could be a good fit to keep a team alive in a relegation battle.

Why is it you're constantly allowed to berate anyone who dare disagree with your almighty opinion?

Lack of tolerance, Gordon?

Yep, he's that good that he got overlooked for the Liverpool, West Brom, Preston, and Burnley jobs and likely many others.

He did a good job in keeping us up, which I've said before. Last season though luck played a large part in that 10th place.

I never boo the team and my support of the club is not in doubt - and isn't that a bit rich coming from someone who had a little bitch-strop, gave up on Rovers and went to play golf because they didn't like Mr Ince? ;)

If it was my money, then I wouldn't be happy letting someone spend it who spunks £6m on players he hasn't seen and who obviously are never going to fit into his system and who's record in the transfer market is sketchy at best.

Anyway, come on oh great sage - who do we appoint now? One thing we do agree on - Kean is NOT the man.

Yep, he's that good that he got overlooked for the Liverpool, West Brom, Preston, and Burnley jobs and likely many others.

He did a good job in keeping us up, which I've said before. Last season though luck played a large part in that 10th place.

Martin O'Neill and Martin Jol got overlooked for those jobs, they crap an all?

You finish where you deserve to finish after 38 games.

You must be mad. Sacking Sam was the right idea. Appointing Kean the wrong one.

Unbelievable!

I'd have to agree with chocky, I'd grown well tired of him and to be honest was starting to lose interest in a team I've followed for over forty years. The timing of Sam's dismissal is what was unbelievable.

Anyway, come on oh great sage - who do we appoint now? One thing we do agree on - Kean is NOT the man.

As one of those calling for Sam to be removed from his job your credibility has been shot to pieces and I'm surprised you have the gall to show your face on here.

As one of those calling for Sam to be removed from his job your credibility has been shot to pieces and I'm surprised you have the gall to show your face on here.

So if someone gets something wrong they shouldn't be allowed to come on here?

Only people sharing your views should come on here?

NOBODY supported appointing Kean, but some (like me) wanted to give him a chance. He has shown he's not up to it.

I am yet to read anyone stating that

1. SackIng Sam when we did was a good thing.

2. Hiring Kean was the correct decision.

What you have are people who wanted Sam gone but in the summer and people who have supported Kean because he is the manager and should have been given a chance.

It doesn't take Mystic Meg to predict sacking Sam would end up badly and Kean would fail.

I am yet to read anyone stating that

1. SackIng Sam when we did was a good thing.

2. Hiring Kean was the correct decision.

What you have are people who wanted Sam gone but in the summer and people who have supported Kean because he is the manager and should have been given a chance.

It doesn't take Mystic Meg to predict sacking Sam would end up badly and Kean would fail.

Revisionism!

Plenty were simply overjoyed that Sam had gone and said so. They didn't say anything at the time about the owners waiting till summer. That view has become increasingly popular as Kean's results have worsened though.

Some have now realised the benefits of hindsight!

Revisionism!

Plenty were simply overjoyed that Sam had gone and said so. They didn't say anything at the time about the owners waiting till summer. That view has become increasingly popular as Kean's results have worsened though

Some have now realised the benefits of hindsight!

You may be right, talking for myself I certainly did not want Sam to leave when he did and have backed Kean as i did Ince- giving them both a fair chance. As Bobby said already thread is there already as evidence.

Mrs D would very very happily take the stagnation of 10th again right now!

Appointing Sam is the no risk staying up no brainer option.

Is it just me or have people not watched us during the last month or so? We've been hoofing it up quite a lot and I dont buy this beautiful football fable that we are hearing. Yes, we tried it early on against Liverpool possibly, and another 1 or 2 games, but as results have gotten worse so have our return to the kind of football which we had been seeing before. I always thought the amount of long-ball or hoof-ball under Sam was exaggerated especially during the last 8-9 months of his tenure, but I saw a fair bit during the last couple of games.

Like it or lump it.....its a silly thread...he aint coming back,so all you samettes in the house can all put your chew cudding masks back in the wardrobe...

Ten days ago, we would have written the same thing about Jerome Anderson and Steve Kean not going....

Who knows how far reality is impinging on Mrs Desai's thoughts.

Is it just me or have people not watched us during the last month or so? We've been hoofing it up quite a lot and I dont buy this beautiful football fable that we are hearing. Yes, we tried it early on against Liverpool possibly, and another 1 or 2 games, but as results have gotten worse so have our return to the kind of football which we had been seeing before. I always thought the amount of long-ball or hoof-ball under Sam was exaggerated especially during the last 8-9 months of his tenure, but I saw a fair bit during the last couple of games.

That was evident yesterday. Rovers had reverted back to hoof ball. People haven't noticed because they have been used to seeing it.

Archived