BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fulham v Rovers

Stuart

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Formica, the man who seems to get in everyone's fantasy line-up for the next game and yet hasn't even made the bench. Unfortunately, Keef is more likely to play to him right now.

In all probability this Formica kid is probably one of those Kentaro cheap, useless players that Philipl stated at the very outset of this takeover when commenting on Anderson's role at Man City.

In all probability this Formica kid is probably one of those Kentaro cheap, useless players that Philipl stated at the very outset of this takeover when commenting on Anderson's role at Man City.

Oh, do give it a rest.

Kean has to drop Andrews & Pedersen. No way those two deserve to start the next match.

Givet back at left-back.

Two of Hoilett, Olsson and Mame Diouf out-wide.

Kalinic up front.

EDIT: Great preview, btw! :)

Great preview! Guess I'll be the first one trying to answer some of your questions:

2) Saha & Jansen scored in both fixtures

4) Rovers finished 10 points behind Fulham (Rovers 91pts - Fulham 101pts)

5) Fk Vetra?

No prediction for this one. Just hoping that the players will show some fight and try to grind out a result. Got a feeling we will stay up, albeit barely, and probably will take points from games we are expected to lose and vice versa. Will be an interesting end to the season.

Edit: The player who has played for both Rovers, Fulham & City - Andy Cole?

Good preview. Kinda unfortunate for you that it has come at a time when this board is at one of its all time lowpoints. Should be going to this one and we usually do well at Fulham when I'm there.

Hoping this one doesn't prove to be the exception. It does seem do or die for Kean. If the players come out fighting there may be some life in him yet. Come out with the same dross as against Villa and he must be a dead man walking, though which path that would then leave us I have no idea.

A lot rides on this game. Any fans attending really truly must sing their hearts out. If the players aren't going to play for Kean we need to give them a reason. Any remonstrations should be left until after the game. Get behind the players, the team, even the management from the off. We need something from this game! That is all that matters.

I am hoping we get at least a draw. Samba should be back as well as Junior. Though I presume Nelsen will be serving a ban. I do not see why Kean should not give the new signings ago - but after Saturday, he may not be bold enough to do it. Rovers are not able to keep things tight, therefore they have to attack as much as possible

My wife and I are going to this game, as more like a home game for us, (though still 65 miles away). One venue we always enjoy going too, via the 8 bells of course.

Lets hear it for the Eight bells, one ray of sunshine on what could be a bleak day

Nice preview, Jisty, thank you. Mr Roversmum and I will be at this one. I always enjoy going to The Cottage, nice comfortable coach ride and friendly fans. Can't say I always enjoy the result though, and with Fulham doing fairly well at the moment our lads will need to be on form. Hoping Givet will be able to play. Ryan will be missed. Please leave Keith at home. Kalinic hs to start, and hoping Junior will be back.

Also hope there will be a good turn out of Rovers fans. I wouldn't blame folks for not feeling up for it, but the boys need our support.

COYB :brfc:

Formica, the man who seems to get in everyone's fantasy line-up for the next game and yet hasn't even made the bench. Unfortunately, Keef is more likely to play to him right now.

Having witnessed just how bad he was at Villa on saturday, I just cannot accept that he will start ahead of ANYONE at Fulham - the guy just isnt good enough.

These are desperate times and we cannot lose this game.

Good preview.

I like the team you'd put out, Jisty; just wonder, though, whether we oughtn't to play Brett in there to protect Salgado against pace? I'd certainly have Formica on the bench [insert your own joke here].

Funnily enough I did toy with the idea of Brett being on the right but decided that he just won't cut it going forward. I opted for Jones as cover instead on the right side of two defensive midfielders plus that fact that we are having to plug the gap left by Ryan.

Great preview! Guess I'll be the first one trying to answer some of your questions:

2) Saha & Jansen scored in both fixtures

4) Rovers finished 10 points behind Fulham (Rovers 91pts - Fulham 101pts)

5) Fk Vetra?

No prediction for this one. Just hoping that the players will show some fight and try to grind out a result. Got a feeling we will stay up, albeit barely, and probably will take points from games we are expected to lose and vice versa. Will be an interesting end to the season.

Edit: The player who has played for both Rovers, Fulham & City - Andy Cole?

Correct on all 4 counts! Well done - and cheers for the attempt - I guess most people are still on a bit of a downer. Just number 3 then - which admittedly is kind of tough.

Oh, do give it a rest.

Kean has to drop Andrews & Pedersen. No way those two deserve to start the next match.

Givet back at left-back.

Two of Hoilett, Olsson and Mame Diouf out-wide.

Kalinic up front.

EDIT: Great preview, btw! :)

Give it a rest!

Topman your solution is commendable but without experienced guidance through ninety minutes plus its pretty meaningless.

Tackle the root of the problem first, before stabbing in the dark about who should and should not play, then things will become a little clearer.

Give it a rest!

Topman your solution is commendable but without experienced guidance through ninety minutes plus its pretty meaningless.

Tackle the root of the problem first, before stabbing in the dark about who should and should not play, then things will become a little clearer.

Forgive me for not slagging off one of our young players when he hasn't kicked a ball yet. :)

• Moderation Lead

I think dropping under-performing players who've been repeatedly poor is the only way to do things, by not dropping them you're sending the message that however badly they play, they're still going to be involved...... (a la Lampard for England)

I think it is lucky for Kean & Co that our next game is away at Fulham. There's a lot of ill-feeling around at the moment, but at Fulham there'll be such a small following there won't be too much noise even if things go really badly.

Anyway in twice in the past a win at Fulham away has all but secured our PL survival. That 4-3 game is still my favourite away game. I can only hope that we get such a result on Saturday.

No logic or rationale for this statement but we win this one.

Things are so bad right now that we must be at the bottom of the curve and on the bounce back up.

The only way we will stay up this season is if Rovers fans turn up in droves and scream the team on, that's the only way to compensate for the weaknesses elsewhere in the club. We all know about the mess we're in, and how we got here, but it's time to park all that stuff until after the season ends. Irrational blind passion is what's required from us, what the management do is beyond our control but our club needs us.

Please guys let's call a truce and turn up en masse to all the remaining games (and not boo anyone). Think positive - demand positive.

1:2 Rovers

Things are so bad right now that we must be at the bottom of the curve and on the bounce back up.

The only way we will stay up this season is if Rovers fans turn up in droves and scream the team on, that's the only way to compensate for the weaknesses elsewhere in the club. We all know about the mess we're in, and how we got here, but it's time to park all that stuff until after the season ends. Irrational blind passion is what's required from us, what the management do is beyond our control but our club needs us.

Please guys let's call a truce and turn up en masse to all the remaining games (and not boo anyone). Think positive - demand positive.

But the players look/sound clueless. Watching them they have no idea what they are doing. More headless running like the Ince days. Then reading Jason Brown/Jason Roberts comments from today, it sounds that confidence is really low. It needs a leader to lift them up.

Fulham appear to be heading in the right direction - IMO, they have a decent management team so maybe not a big surprise there.

Another big game as they can over-take us in the table should they win.

As I said before the Villa match, hopefully we can at leasy give them a decent match.

But the players look/sound clueless. Watching them they have no idea what they are doing. More headless running like the Ince days. Then reading Jason Brown/Jason Roberts comments from today, it sounds that confidence is really low. It needs a leader to lift them up.

what comments are these?

Timing in life is all important, and I just dont think the timing is right here, now, TimmyJimmy.

A change of management would definitely swing it though.

Archived