Stuart

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Robbo

Salgado, Samba, Hanley, Givet

Hoilett, J.Jones, Grella, Olsson

Santa Cruz, Kalinic

if we field this team, I'm thinking we will win. Roberts would do, too, as long as we have two strikers and our two wingers back where they belong. Honestly, I think we will see a big improvement with Givet back.. He hasn't been great this season, but Olsson at left back really disturbes the balance of the team.

It's a funny thing about teams when they're struggling- all of a sudden people start getting knocks, don't want to play. Winning teams- people will play carrying slight knocks.

I was very young at the time, but seem to remember Sutton getting plenty of knocks in 1999, and rarely playing..

Correct me if I'm wrong

I was very young at the time, but seem to remember Sutton getting plenty of knocks in 1999, and rarely playing..

Correct me if I'm wrong

Billy McKinley missed most of the season with a tummy ache.

(Admittedly, I might be trivialising a serious muscular injury!)

Correct me if I'm wrong

Your right, correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Kevin Gallagher missing for quite a while as well a with mystery ailment ? Dontlikebriankidditis I think it was.

Your right, correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Kevin Gallagher missing for quite a while as well a with mystery ailment ? Dontlikebriankidditis I think it was.

:lol: :lol:

Haha you're probably right, although at the time I was only 6 so it's mainly what I've heard since.

---------- Robinson ----------

Salgado - Samba - Nelsen - Givet

----- Grella ----- Jones -----

-- Hoilett - Formica - Olsson --

---------- Kalinic ----------

If Formica/Hoilett aren't available then I'd play a 4-4-2, but I think we should stick to a dynamic 4-2-3-1 with a strong base of creativity and flair in that top midfield 3, which Hoilett, Formica and Olsson can provide in spades. Jones and Grella should be able to provide the necessary defensive strength in midfield to protect the back line and help in achieving a clean sheet.

That midfield 5 in my opinion is quite strong and balanced, contrary to the midfield we've been putting out in the past few games under Kean.

Guest CAMVENKYS

My son is in england and going to this game,i took him many years ago and we drew the game,that result will do this time round.forget about venkys and support the team,the club was sold down the river by the trust,who turned there back on jacks wishes.as a immagrant in blackburn in the 70's i was only allowed to go to the games at night,my papa thought it was for the best.i remenber the old days in the enclosure,big john macmamee,little jonny price the prince that was tony field,oh happy days,it is for them players we should support the club.

If Formica/Hoilett aren't available then I'd play a 4-4-2, but I think we should stick to a dynamic 4-2-3-1 with a strong base of creativity and flair in that top midfield 3, which Hoilett, Formica and Olsson can provide in spades. Jones and Grella should be able to provide the necessary defensive strength in midfield to protect the back line and help in achieving a clean sheet.

That midfield 5 in my opinion is quite strong and balanced, contrary to the midfield we've been putting out in the past few games under Kean.

I like the way you think. :tu:

It'll never happen, though.

Hold on, some people actually want to start with Grella? I'm assuming you have money on with Kean to go, and want to cash in?

How exactly do we expect to keep a clean sheet with the same 2 holding CDM that started against Villa, and subsequently shipped in 4 goals?

I am feeling very depressed atm (aren't we all?). I really cannot see anything other than us losing this one. I really feel that Kean has totally lost the players, and can only envisage a re-run of Ince's last match at Wigan. Let's hope against hope that I and all the others of like mind are well and truly proved wrong, but not holding my breath. BTW good preview Jisty.

Oh just one other thing has come to mind (let's say it's an infinitesimally small ray of hope). I was just reminiscing over my previous visits to London clubs to see Rovers away games, and I just realised that I have never yet seen them lose a match in London when I was present at the game. These games include Fulham, Charlton, Arsenal, Crystal Palace and West Ham, and the only one's that were not wins were at Arsenal and Fulham (both draws). Unfortunately all these successful visits occured in the 1950's and '60s and I have never been to an away game in London since then. However there is still hope.....if all you good people would like to have a quick whip-round for my train fare and match ticket I will gladly go this Saturday to Craven Cottage and work my magic for a Rovers win /draw. Well you can't blame me for trying can you? ;)

Like this formation. Gives us proper cover, but would replace Grella with the Zonz. Pacey wingers who also have the ability to set the press high. Kalinic is a gem! Nelsen is banned and wont feature, so probably Hanley another shot.

The main decsion for kean is whether he plays Givet at centre back or puts Hanley in. Sticking Givet in at centre back means dropping Olsson to left back. The majority of Rovers fans would prefer to see him on the left wing, myself included. Dunny has been ruled out for this one aswell, so are we lining up as per Miker's formation and perhaps giving Formica a chance? Or does Kean go for a more 4-4-2 and start Cruz alongside Niko?

Even though i like Mikers formation, i think that Kean will go for this instead.

Robbo

Sally Samba Hanley Givet

Junior Jones Grella Olsson

Cruz Kalanic

In his post match comments he gave Grella a bit of praise, saying he did well in keeping tabs on Ashley Young for the first half of the game against Villa, so unless Grella trips over a blade of grass in training and gets injured then i would expect him to start.

Andrews cannot start, regardless of what kean said about him being a "good player", unfortunately the only other alternative lineup i can see Kean doing is dropping Niko and putting Keef in centre mid, making a 5 man midfield.

I know this, I am just speculating to what I think Kean will do. His team selections haven't had a lot of logic lately. Also what with Santa Cruz being "his signing" i think he will start him over any of our other strikers, regardless of what Niko did in the last game.

Even though i like Mikers formation, i think that Kean will go for this instead.

Robbo

Sally Samba Hanley Givet

Junior Jones Grella Olsson

Cruz Kalanic

I'd be happy with something like that, although I think I'd prefer Benjani/Roberts/Diouf to start up front instead of one of those two.

Kean has demonstrated that he doesn't know how to play 4-5-1 and have it make us more solid (which is the whole point, surely) so we may as well go two up front.

Archived