BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fulham v Rovers

Stuart

Change the record, pops. It's getting ooooooold.

If only we could.

I felt for Rochina today, not easy to make your debut out of position.

Not read much today yet Tom but why was he asked to do that at all given the importance and situation of the match and especially out of position?

Just heard Steve Kean's after-match and he said Givet was sent off for "aggressively running" at the referee at full-time. :unsure:

Impossible. Clattenburg was facing the other way and didn't see him run up to him until he was about 2 yards away. He was quickly pulled away too so what he said when he got there we can only speculate. Certainly looked nothing like the prolongued haranging that the players of big clubs get away with week in week out.

Just speculating but Givet prob meant to say something along the lines of 'excuse me but ref but why did you award Fulham that penalty'? but it must have come out like 'Clattenberg you incompetent ######... you are as fake as your hair and your spray on tan you big faggot'. :rolleyes:

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I gave Kean a chance because he's the manager, whether we like it or not. I did the same for Ince, as well.

Ultimately, Venky's will do what they like with the club, and there's nothing you or I can do about it. Tbh, I'm reaching a point of ennui with it all, and the game in general. What will be, will be.

I don't often select one of these but they are there to be used and I think that comment is worth one. So here you go....

:wstu:

Not as bad as Souey putting Matteo on the left wing though! :)

Took the words right out of my mouth Bobby. :tu:

You can't blame the Venkys. After all they just put the money in and John Williams et al did due diligence and accepted it as the best offer at the time. It was very clear and transparent that they knew nothing about the game. it is also clear and transparent that Kentaro were pulling the strings, putting their own man in and advising on player comings and goings. After all, there is nobody else left. So Jerome, what is Plan B and what are you advising your clients about your client. For the record after recent events I feel and probably look like the end of a Venkys line. Strung up and gutted.

"The buck stops here" Harry S Truman

Whether you like Kean or not, we were mugged of a point yesterday. Clattenburg was awful. In light of Kean's situation i'd like to have seen him really tear into him.

....... Our undoing was the inability to deal with Duff. I am afraid the players need to take responsibility for that. If you're a defender then you should instinctively know how to defend. No manager needs to teach that at a one on one level. Basics.

Duffs shot wasn't a good one it went through Olssons legs and no one can legislate for such.

Impossible. Clattenburg was facing the other way and didn't see him run up to him until he was about 2 yards away. He was quickly pulled away too so what he said when he got there we can only speculate. Certainly looked nothing like the prolongued haranging that the players of big clubs get away with week in week out.

Agree with you on that one, if the logic was applied to managers on the touchline none of them would last very long, running aggressively? This ref is having an unfortunate time, to make one bad decision is unfortunate, to make a second is careless.

Ain't easy being a ref.

When will you join the rest of the Board? When its mathematically impossible to stay up? Or will you do a Bucky and disappear?

Bucky, waggy, Gav and to a certain extent abbey too. The chief Allardyce haters are certainly having to eat masses of humble pie somewhere.

As for Nicko using his reputation among the younger and more impressionable on here to fob Kean off on us....!!!! :angry2: I wonder what it took to buy his loyalty and swing that deal? :huh:

He'll surely never be seen as anything other than an Anderson / Venkey puppet from now on. I guess he'll simply have to transfer permanently to the Bolton boards.

Yesterday we were ok. Subs were questionable but if Roque wasnt fit then he wasnt fit. Kalinic isn't an impact player.

Hoilett and Olsson were impressive. Jones did a decent job. We lacked a ball playing midfielder. A Danny Murphy esque player. Nzonzi was ineffective. Roberts is useless when he starts.

Overall. If the game hadnt meant so much then I wouldn't have left with too many concerns. Kean didnt lose us that game.

Regarding Duff. The Rovers fans were booing him. Embarassing. However he celebrated was irrelevant. He tore Givet to pieces in the first half as well.

Agree with you on that one, if the logic was applied to managers on the touchline none of them would last very long, running aggressively? This ref is having an unfortunate time, to make one bad decision is unfortunate, to make a second is careless.Ain't easy being a ref.

And to make them as regularly as he does is incompetance!!

Yesterday we were ok. Subs were questionable but if Roque wasnt fit then he wasnt fit. Kalinic isn't an impact player.

We lacked a ball playing midfielder. A Danny Murphy esque player.

Regarding Duff. The Rovers fans were booing him. Embarassing. However he celebrated was irrelevant. He tore Givet to pieces in the first half as well.

If Roque is fit enough to sit on the bench then he is fit enough to come on, no excuses!

Kalinic scores goals, he should be on from the start but regardless he should have been brought on. You don't have to be an impact player to score a goal or change a match.

We've been in need of one for about 5 years.

I wonder what those who said Duff wouldn't be an improvement for our team are saying now?

This is the law as I understand it.

Jobi McAnuff, the Reading winger, was sent off after the FA Cup tie against West Bromwich Albion in 2010.

The fact that he was shown the red card during the celebrations after the final whistle seems to have puzzled many fans – if the queries I have received is anything to go by.

“When did this law come in that a player can be sent of after the game has finished?” was one of the questions.

The answer is, that it has been there as long as I can remember, but perhaps it wasn’t so noticeable.

In years gone by the referee would have had a word with the player and taken his name, now of course showing the red card draws attention to the act.

The referee’s power to punish players or to use the correct terminology, impose disciplinary sanctions, start when the referee crosses the touch line entering the field of play to start the match and finishes when he steps back over the line to leave the pitch after the final whistle.

This means for instance, a player could be sent off before the game starts if he commits an offence between the referee’s entrance on the pitch and kick-off and also as we have seen, at anytime until he leaves the pitch.

Two points worth noting. First, a player sent off before kick-off can be replaced, but only by a named substitute.

The second point is that it includes misconduct during the half time interval, even though neither the players, nor the referee is on the pitch.

Now what would happen if the offence had occurred at the end after the referee had left the field of play, perhaps a punch up in the tunnel?

The referee, providing he spotted the offence, would still be expected to take the names of the offenders and report them in the same way as for a sending-off, to the FA under which the game was played.

Yes fully understand that. But a player who has been taken off the field, is no longer in the game. Could go home if he wanted to.

It was unnecessary and inflammatory and he knew it. We'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

He was definately waving at the box two floors up from us fans, i was directly below them and he was pointing over my head and they were waving back etc.

Bucky, waggy, Gav and to a certain extent abbey too. The chief Allardyce haters are certainly having to eat masses of humble pie somewhere.

As for Nicko using his reputation among the younger and more impressionable on here to fob Kean off on us....!!!! :angry2: I wonder what it took to buy his loyalty and swing that deal? :huh:

He'll surely never be seen as anything other than an Anderson / Venkey puppet from now on. I guess he'll simply have to transfer permanently to the Bolton boards.

gord as you know i stopped posting weeks before the sacking... got sick of always being accused of being racist by ewood spark and the good dr. And for being told i was disabled with learning difficulties,i drop in for a read every now and again and my views on the sacking are on here .adios.

Yes, the penalty was possibly not a penalty. But you can be sure that in the first half there was a penalty on Johnson by Samba which wasnt given either. They had at least 5 appeals on different potential penalties all waved away and the one they didnt appeal the ref gave it.

When you're down, your luck is out too. Only positive is that going forward our players seem to have it in them still.

I didn't realise it was down to averages. In that case our players should throw themselves to the ground every time they get into the box. By your logic they'll get a penalty at some point.

Never, ever a penalty. Clattenberg is a tool. He needs to be demoted to the Conference judged on his recent performances.

Well the result was certainly poor, the substitutions odd, the penalty decision bizarre (although they probably should have had one earlier when samba took out johnson - i think) but at least the crowd was in good form and deserved better than 3-2 tbh

The young couple next to me were a good laugh, the old boy behind me was bellowing hilariously and should be instantly put in charge of teamtalks, i thought it was winston churchill reincarnated! And most people had a grand old time laughing at my 8yr old son shouting his head off, he's a quiet lad most of the time, but get him inside a football ground and he's a one man crowd.... louder than anything else within earshot. (much to the annoyance of the older lad in front of him who wasnt to impressed but hardly said boo to a goose).

To all those muppets closer to the goal that felt the need to spend the entire game standing up, thanks for making it hard for the kids (and me) to see anything other than the left back channel, next time ill pop over and invite you to pay for the wasted kids tickets, bit of a pain when you take three under 12s to find you can see the wing and nothing else thanks to some selfish idiots, but hey ho.

Trouble with Duff is he can cross the ball well with either foot, do you show him the line or show him inside, he is still a very good player, I would always put him on his right foot but he whipped in as couple of good crosses with his right foot too!

It's a basic rule of football that 99% of professionals don't follow - you ALWAYS show the player onto their weaker foot. It's laughable the amount of times defenders fall for a fake and let the attacker get onto their stronger foot.

Duff has a decent right foot, but really it's nothing special. He should be made to cross and shoot with it at all times.

Well the result was certainly poor, the substitutions odd, the penalty decision bizarre (although they probably should have had one earlier when samba took out johnson - i think) but at least the crowd was in good form and deserved better than 3-2 tbh

The young couple next to me were a good laugh, the old boy behind me was bellowing hilariously and should be instantly put in charge of teamtalks, i thought it was winston churchill reincarnated! And most people had a grand old time laughing at my 8yr old son shouting his head off, he's a quiet lad most of the time, but get him inside a football ground and he's a one man crowd.... louder than anything else within earshot. (much to the annoyance of the older lad in front of him who wasnt to impressed but hardly said boo to a goose).

To all those muppets closer to the goal that felt the need to spend the entire game standing up, thanks for making it hard for the kids (and me) to see anything other than the left back channel, next time ill pop over and invite you to pay for the wasted kids tickets, bit of a pain when you take three under 12s to find you can see the wing and nothing else thanks to some selfish idiots, but hey ho.

I think I was standing infront of you, the blonde fella in the bet24.com training jacket, if it was me you were implying that I was annoyed by your boy shouting, far from it, he was making me laugh for most of the game

I think I was standing infront of you, the blonde fella in the bet24.com training jacket, if it was me you were implying that I was annoyed by your boy shouting, far from it, he was making me laugh for most of the game

No mate, not you, there was a young lad about 10-12 years old just in front of my lad who was clearly unimpressed at his enthusiastic vocal support hehehe

No mate, not you, there was a young lad about 10-12 years old just in front of my lad who was clearly unimpressed at his enthusiastic vocal support hehehe

hope you lad enjoyed it, I was onfront of 3 lads about 10years old who left just before the end in the 'standing section'

gord as you know i stopped posting weeks before the sacking... got sick of always being accused of being racist by ewood spark and the good dr. And for being told i was disabled with learning difficulties,i drop in for a read every now and again and my views on the sacking are on here .adios.

FFS ABBEY - R U THE MAN WHO SO KINDLY INVITED TO MEET ME OUTSIDE THE BLACKBURN END FOR A KICKING AFTER WE HAD A SLIGHT DISAGREEMENT ABOUT WHATEVER SEVERAL YEARS AGO............

AND WHAT THE HELL IS THE SMALL PRINT ABOUT???

GROW SOME NEW ONES OR GET THE OLD ONES BACK 'COS MANY OF US MISS YOU :wub:

Fleurk 'em all, Fleurk 'em all, Fleurk 'em all - the long and the short and the tall...........

R U a man or a mouse?

I think we all know the answer.........

See you soon Abbster :rover: ...............................................

I know that abbey thats why I said ' to a certain extent'. But I'm sure that even you would have Sam Allardyce back in an instant right now. This isn't all about the future of BRFC in the Prem it's about the continuation of BRFC's very existence. It is something that we could and should not even considered taking a gamble with by sacking one of the safest pairs of hands in the business just cos he made Ped take long throw ins and reminded some people of a slug or whatever.

hope you lad enjoyed it, I was onfront of 3 lads about 10years old who left just before the end in the 'standing section'

I was right in the left hand corner by the river, just one row in front of the <cough> "executive boxes" lol.

My youngest certainly enjoyed it, he just likes an excuse to be as loud as he likes without being told off.

My eldest - just into his teens was sulking through most of it as he couldnt see, and he was to tall to get away with standing on a chair, unlike my younger two who had no choice but to stand on em.

I think duff was actually pointing to the box next to us because there was some fans celebrating up there that he seemed to be pointing towards

Being sat ten feet away, I can tell you that was definitely not the case.

Probably my most disliked person in football. We hadn't booed him, but he loves nothing more than inciting the fans who used to love him. Absolute tosser.

Being sat ten feet away, I can tell you that was definitely not the case.

Probably my most disliked person in football. We hadn't booed him, but he loves nothing more than inciting the fans who used to love him. Absolute tosser.

And Duffer is one of the most respected Rovers players EVER. Check the greatest ever Rovers team.

Also, having watched MOTD I thought the spirit in the team was first class, especially how they were incensed at the end. They didn't like losing and they didn't like the manner in which they lost.

Archived