BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fulham v Rovers

Stuart

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did Andrews get boo-ed by the Rovers fans at Villa?

I didn't attend last Saturday, instead watching on the internet.

I did , however, ring up Clemmy from work who was there and booed him over the phone (on loadspeaker).

I suspect after he gave the penalty away all hell broke loose. Even none Rovers fans have been cursing him.

He could probably hear me from Cardiff, cursing his stupidity. :angry2:

So amateur.

It didn't start well. Villa ticket office had double booked and expected us to move places. Mr Roversmum refused, although I would rather have moved - at least we would have been with the other disabled Rovers fans. After the penalty, I found it difficult to watch, especially as we were surrounded by Villa fans. It just got worse and worse. Only saw Niko's goal because it was right across from where we sat. The only good thing about Saturday was that a Villa fan gave us four bars of chocolate!!!

Mr Roversmum is not a man for pubs (sadly) but I have heard tell that this establishment is a popular one.

See you at the ground.

Always been a really good pre/post match venue this one but someone mentioned they'd had some issues and no longer allowed drinking on the pavement which given the size of the pub could be an issue. Anyone know what the score is with this?

The Eight bells at putney bridge is a cracking pub, it is only 300 yards or so from putney bridge underground station, and about 15 mins walk from the ground. There is always a good chance of seing Simon Garner in there, it seems to be his favoured watering hole for this game.

We Will lose, i said this in the villa thread that we cause no suprises in away games, the only suprise i can think of in a long time is when we beat villa 1-0 on the last game of last season. Fulham will line up 4-4-2 and its not the biggest pitch so we have to match them with 4-4-2. keeping murphy quiet will be key, whilst Salgado MUST NOT PLAY, duff will rip him apart. team i would play

GK: Robinson

DR: Emerton

DC: Samba

DC: Hanley

DL: Givet

MR: Holiett

MC: J.Jones

MC: Pedersen

ML: Olsson

FW: Kalinic

FW: Santa Cruz

Bunn,Salgado, N'Zonzi, Formica, Roberts, Benjani, Diouf.

We Will lose, i said this in the villa thread that we cause no suprises in away games, the only suprise i can think of in a long time is when we beat villa 1-0 on the last game of last season. Fulham will line up 4-4-2 and its not the biggest pitch so we have to match them with 4-4-2. keeping murphy quiet will be key, whilst Salgado MUST NOT PLAY, duff will rip him apart. team i would play

GK: Robinson

DR: Emerton

DC: Samba

DC: Hanley

DL: Givet

MR: Holiett

MC: J.Jones

MC: Pedersen

ML: Olsson

FW: Kalinic

FW: Santa Cruz

Bunn,Salgado, N'Zonzi, Formica, Roberts, Benjani, Diouf.

Looks a good set up to me, we need to make a real attempt in this game, this and Blackpool are two of the most important games we face all season.

I think it is lucky for Kean & Co that our next game is away at Fulham. There's a lot of ill-feeling around at the moment, but at Fulham there'll be such a small following there won't be too much noise even if things go really badly.

Anyway in twice in the past a win at Fulham away has all but secured our PL survival. That 4-3 game is still my favourite away game. I can only hope that we get such a result on Saturday.

Apparently not. I've just been down to get tickets for me and the first born and the allocation of 1,700 has sold out and they are now selling extras in Fulham's neutral area next door, and they are apparently going well too.

Really hoping to see Formica play.. would make a huge dif in this game.

Again this one is down to injuries imo, if we go into the game with Samba, Cruz, Jnr and Givet we should be ok..

Jnr (normally results in Salgado being exposed) or givet (normaly leads to Jnr moving to left which exposes Salgado) out we will be exposed down the flanks again.. Without Cruz we are toothless and without Samba our defence looks a bit of a shambles.

Anyone know the status of these plus our old stalwarts Dunn and P Jones? I am half expecting us to implode again due to them being out of action..

Well in previous years the 8 Bells has been the place to be. However last season, Hammersmith Council had changed their licencing restrictions which meant that people were not allowed to stand outside the pub on match days and it is very small on the inside.

Really hoping to see Formica play.. would make a huge dif in this game.

Again this one is down to injuries imo, if we go into the game with Samba, Cruz, Jnr and Givet we should be ok..

Jnr (normally results in Salgado being exposed) or givet (normaly leads to Jnr moving to left which exposes Salgado) out we will be exposed down the flanks again.. Without Cruz we are toothless and without Samba our defence looks a bit of a shambles.

Anyone know the status of these plus our old stalwarts Dunn and P Jones? I am half expecting us to implode again due to them being out of action..

:unsure: How do you know that?

:)

Apparently not. I've just been down to get tickets for me and the first born and the allocation of 1,700 has sold out and they are now selling extras in Fulham's neutral area next door, and they are apparently going well too.

I think a number of those 1700 tickets are actually Neutral area as well, for when we send the tickets back. I doubt this will sell out.

For anyone who isn't aware and is going to the game on Saturday, there are engineering works affecting train services. They dont start until 13.30 so going down to London will be ok but coming back it seems the best way to get back is via Manchester, the Euston to Preston services are terminating at Crewe as the line is blocked between Crewe and Preston. Check out Nationalrail.co.uk for journey details.

I think a number of those 1700 tickets are actually Neutral area as well, for when we send the tickets back. I doubt this will sell out.

Yea I was going to say that - when I got my tickets last Monday the options were restricted view or neutral. I said restricted view would be ok, but I got neutral (bloody ticket office!!!). Anyway my tickets are in section P6, which on the plan below should be normally designated for away fans, but it seems for this game is still neutral.

Putney-End.jpg

Archived