Stuart

My team would be:

Robbo

Robbo Robbo Robbo Robbo

Robbo

Robbo. Robbo. Robbo

Robbo Robbo

Subs: Robbo, Robbo, Robbo, Robbo, Robbo, Robbo, Robbo

I'll play that line up, its the strongest imo, with the impressive and solid Robbo in goal. If Robbo aint fit, then I'll play Robbo down the right, with Robbo in midfield with Robbo. Robbo is better as a left winger, and will provide Robbo with good cover. Up front I will like to see a combination of Robbo and Robbo(RAR). If we go a goal down, we can either bring on Robbo to play down the right, as he will provide pace and power, or bring on the creative Robbo, to supply quality ball to Robbo and Robbo.

2-0 to Rovers, with a goal each for Robbo and Robbo.

That team and those tactics would see us finish 6th...

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My team would be:

Robbo

Robbo Robbo Robbo Robbo

Robbo

Robbo. Robbo. Robbo

Robbo Robbo

Subs: Robbo, Robbo, Robbo, Robbo, Robbo, Robbo, Robbo

I'll play that line up, its the strongest imo, with the impressive and solid Robbo in goal. If Robbo aint fit, then I'll play Robbo down the right, with Robbo in midfield with Robbo. Robbo is better as a left winger, and will provide Robbo with good cover. Up front I will like to see a combination of Robbo and Robbo(RAR). If we go a goal down, we can either bring on Robbo to play down the right, as he will provide pace and power, or bring on the creative Robbo, to supply quality ball to Robbo and Robbo.

2-0 to Rovers, with a goal each for Robbo and Robbo.

Not too impressed with your choice of goalkeeper - think you ought to have Andrews there.

Robinson

Emerton Samba Hanley Givet

Hoilett Jones Formica Olsson

RSC Kalinic

Subs:- Bunn, Salgado, Rochina, MGP, M Diouf, Nzonzi, Grella

Unfortunately no room for Roberts.

Can't believe this game has sold out before I got a ticket, GUTTED!, How has this happened, last few years at Fulham I've had about 600 empty seats around me. IF anyone hears of a spare PLEASE PLEASE message me,

They've been selling them in Leicester square for two weeks now. I'd have a check there at the half prce theatre ticket stalls to see if theres any left in the neutral zones.

* Fulham site says they've sold out as well, so doubt theres any left in L. Square

Given Formica and Dunn are available I'd go with a 4-4-2

Robinson

Salgado-Samba-Givet-Olsson

Emerton-Jones-Pedersen-Hoilett

Kalinic-Santa Cruz

Subs:

Bunn, Hanley, Grella, N'zonzi, M Diouf, Rochina, Roberts

Left side might be a bit weak defensively, but strong offensively. On the other hand Emerton covering Salgado on the right will keep that side much stronger.

Jones and Peds are easily our best midfield pairing from players available (sad as it is). Not too fussed about who should play up front, as long as Kalinic is one of them.

Have to at least have both Rochina and Formica in the squad. If the current crop of players, if they are unable to produce an acceptable performance, then give them a go. What's the worst that could happen? They mess up? So, its not like it will be the 1st time that a player cocks up this season. On the other hand, if they do well, then we will be so much better off heading into the remaining games

Given Formica and Dunn are available I'd go with a 4-4-2

Robinson

Emerton-Jones-Pedersen-Hoilett

Kalinic-Santa Cruz

Subs:

Bunn, Hanley, Grella, N'zonzi, M Diouf, Rochina, Roberts

Left side might be a bit weak defensively, but strong offensively. On the other hand Emerton covering Salgado on the right will keep that side much stronger.

Jones and Peds are easily our best midfield pairing from players available (sad as it is). Not too fussed about who should play up front, as long as Kalinic is one of them.

Sort of agree with this team but whoever was playing on the Fulham right would have an absolute field day!

We have now officially reached that worrying point when there is absolutely no idea what our best team is. We currently only have two players in form - Robinson and Nelsen - and one of them is suspended. Desperate times, we need to make sure the heads don't go down.

I know people are against the diamond but it seems Kean is intent on playing it, and I suppose, it could work out if we do it right. I would play (if fit).

Robinson

Grella

Hoilett-Jones-Pedersen

Santa Cruz-Kalinic

With Jones dropping back and helping Grella and Grella moving across the midfield to support Salgado and Olsson when Hoilett and Pedersen move forwards (or MO/MS move forwards).

I think the key to winning against Liverpool so well was we were compact, we had a lot of movement, Givet played at LB allowing MO to play higher up and we kept men behind the ball to counter.

I think we're really missing the left hand combo of Givet and Olsson.

Hope Hoilett plays.

We need to keep Dempsey quiet (CDM's job) and Duff quiet (probably Salgado).

Having Formica and/or Rochina on the bench wouldn't hurt, they could be a wildcard to throw on to level/win the game near the end.

Revision - this is the team I would go for (although playing as a flat 442 rather than a diamond). Grella and Jones in the middle would hopefully shore us up.

I'm not convinced in the value of starting Kalinic but I'm not sure we have much choice.

After watching Barca and then Man City last night, the mentality and quality shown by spanish players is top class, they have a work ethic and have all the quality on the ball, Villa last night looked a class above the others, given that and his background at Barca, I would be looking to play Rochina, we could do much worse!

If he cant get in the side above Andrews, something is sadly wrong, Barca dont tend to keep poor players for so long, he must have something!

After watching Barca and then Man City last night, the mentality and quality shown by spanish players is top class, they have a work ethic and have all the quality on the ball, Villa last night looked a class above the others, given that and his background at Barca, I would be looking to play Rochina, we could do much worse!

If he cant get in the side above Andrews, something is sadly wrong, Barca dont tend to keep poor players for so long, he must have something!

Isn't Rochina a forward?

lady on the phone said yesterday it was almost a sell out.

managed to get mine in the neutral end.

looking forward to this and getting behind the team like the night when roberts scored and we won 2-1. this game has the same significance as that so fingers crossed the same outcome.

4/1 on ladbrokes for a rovers win. get on it.

Yes he is, doesnt affect his work ethic and quality though, his movement and speed of thought will all be in place.

I thought you were talking about replacing Andrews with Rochina. That's what it sounded like... I agree, we should have given him (and Formica) a chance by now. Replacing an admittedly poor midfielder with an unknown striker (at this level) would be a recipe for disaster to be honest. Replacing Andrews with a midfielder would be a step up though.

I'm not so sure about chucking Formica and Rochina in just like that.

They need to be blended in slowly.

Admittedly we need someone to come in and make an IMPACT right now though.

They could have been on the bench and given a chance late in a match. That's what I think SHOULD have been done...

I'm not so sure about chucking Formica and Rochina in just like that.

They need to be blended in slowly.

Quite right. If they could come off the bench and show something, that would give everyone a lift, while showing Kean that there's no need to keep holding them back. You never know what they can do until they get the opportunity.

Assuming certain players are fit, I'd go;

Robbo

Salgado Hanley Samba Givet

Hoilett Jones N'Zonzi Ollson

Formica

Santa Cruz

Would consider Emerton for Salgado. Centre midfield to keep 'em out, flanks to take'em on! No stupid diamond. Not enough creativity I admit but we haven't got any more.

Fulham are in decent nick, especially at home this year and our away form remains very poor. Mark Hughes will have identified this fixture as one he hopes to get all three points from and Fulham are certainly favourites to win. Duff has scored 3 in the last 5 games or so, and they have fewer injuries at this time than when we last played them. They have achieved a very good draw at Eastlands and some argued they deserved all three points in that match.

At Ewood, Danny Murphy controlled the game and was easily their best player on the day. As much as anything, stopping him controlling the game is as important as who we play and where we play them, recognising that they will have more possession of the ball than we do.

It is time the players started earning their salaries and show real desire to compete and win the match. Blame who you want, but the players should be doing far better than of late.

It is time that Kean applied considered thought to what he is doing and emphasises to all the huge importance of this fixture. A win takes the immediate pressure off, but a defeat makes Blackpool our biggest and most pressured game of the season to date, which is absolutely laughable.

Archived