BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jerome Anderson = FAIL

philipl

I know I haven't posted anything about this esteemed gentleman in a while and I am conscious of certain legal threats made from certain quarters to certain web sites and messageboards as should anybody else who is thinking of posting on this subject.

But whilst we are feeling mighty sore at the Venky's for taking bad advice in the way they have run Rovers thus far, I think it only fair that the source of much of that advice be afforded due recognition.

Mr A's first appearance at Ewood was as a compulsive conspiratorial whisperer in the ear of Balaji whilst watching Chelsea at home. Something seemed to be desperately afoot- after all even Ewood isn't so quiet that you have to whisper in the ear of the next person for your neighbours not to be at risk of over hearing you.

Of course we had the series of marquee non-signings which Anderson was or was not involved in but none of them came off.

As for real permanent signings, it is March tomorrow and we have seen neither of them in anger whilst the January loanees have yet to distinguish themselves. Ripping Formica off the Monaco table top was a coup but then why was he getting affixed there if not because of the weird episode of the Red Star loan deal which smelt worse than a bad market day at Fleetwood used to.

Our esteemed owners have called Mr Anderson "family" and there is no shortage of quotations and anecdotes pointing to Mr Anderson being the first person they talk to about all things Rovers. After all, marquee-seaker Balaji apart, the Rao family admit they know nothing about football so all these wonderful decisions and indecisions they are making have to be coming from somewhere.

Perhaps in the ultimate irony now that John Williams out of the way, Mrs D will insist Mr A use his base at Brockhall to fire or demote Messrs Kean and Jensen who in fact employ Mr A to represent their employment interests. She probably has to if she is to protect the family's £54m interest in the Rovers.

Which will prove the sweeter, the fees for representing Kean and Jensen or the advisary fees by Rovers/Venky's?

So here's to you Mr Anderson for messing up our club.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mr A's first appearance at Ewood was as a compulsive conspiratorial whisperer in the ear of Balaji whilst watching Chelsea at home. Something seemed to be desperately afoot- after all even Ewood isn't so quiet that you have to whisper in the ear of the next person for your neighbours not to be at risk of over hearing you.

And this sort of talk does add something does it Modes?

Conjecture and nothing else, Phillip has zero proof of conspiratol whispering.

I know I haven't posted anything about this esteemed gentleman in a while and I am conscious of certain legal threats made from certain quarters to certain web sites and messageboards as should anybody else who is thinking of posting on this subject.

Barely a week goes by where you do not mention this chap.

Not to say I think hes been a success mind you, if he has had as much input as suggested then he has clearly made a few errors.

I don't know what the hell is going on of the pitch and frankly I couldn't care less anymore. I'm sick and tired of reading what is going on in the boardroom at the club on this MB and using as an excuse for the lack of performance from the players on the pitch.

the only thing that matters is what happens on the pitch and the only people that can affect this is the players.

Who gave the penalty away in the Villa game?

Who let Crouch have a free header in the Spurs game?

Who completely messed up defensively in the Wigan game ?

Yes believe it or not football is played on a football pitch.

Everyone from the owners to a frigging football agent has been blamed for the situation that we are in and it is about time that the players took it upon themselves to get us out of this mess.

The club have given a number of players a wage rise and it’s about time they started earning the money.

I think you may be very wise to listen to Philip here, he is no idiot and will have taken his time on what and how he is able to write on the subject, my guess is this may also have been run through the administrators first.

The boardroom is where all the decisions about running a football club are normally made and the resposibility of the directors in English Law is clear, if they have not been involved in decisions and things have been done unbeknown to the directors, then where would that leave the club? Interesting and I can only read into things here, it appears as though Philip knows his ground and something has prompted him to write this without fear or repercussions from eithe r the owners or Jerome Anderson.

Only time will tell.

I think you may be very wise to listen to Philip here, he is no idiot and will have taken his time on what and how he is able to write on the subject, my guess is this may also have been run through the administrators first.

The boardroom is where all the decisions about running a football club are normally made and the resposibility of the directors in English Law is clear, if they have not been involved in decisions and things have been done unbeknown to the directors, then where would that leave the club? Interesting and I can only read into things here, it appears as though Philip knows his ground and something has prompted him to write this without fear or repercussions from eithe r the owners or Jerome Anderson.

Only time will tell.

Some good points. But can you really see either the owners or Jerome Anderson giving permission or licence to write what he wrote. This is not a dig by the way. After all many on here will know that we should be able to complain about the way the club is being run if we are not happy about it. But we should also be prepared for all parties to be able to add their voice as well. This includes the owners as well as Jerome Anderson.

Philip has only expressed an opinion that some on here have.

Some good points. But can you really see either the owners or Jerome Anderson giving permission or licence to write what he wrote. This is not a dig by the way. After all many on here will know that we should be able to complain about the way the club is being run if we are not happy about it. But we should also be prepared for all parties to be able to add their voice as well. This includes the owners as well as Jerome Anderson.

Philip has only expressed an opinion that some on here have.

I would believe that Philip knows something here and knowing something that would stave off the threat of litigation, Philip is a company director, he will not be risking his neck unless he was pretty sure of his ground, something has prompted Philip to write this post, I just wish I knew what it was!!

I would believe that Philip knows something here and knowing something that would stave off the threat of litigation, Philip is a company director, he will not be risking his neck unless he was pretty sure of his ground, something has prompted Philip to write this post, I just wish I knew what it was!!

I agree.

Over to you then philip. pm /email either way.

I think the word "allegedly" is missing from your post philip in almost every sentence.

M' learned friends might well be take an interest in what you've written.

I'm with Jim on this, a slight rewrite would make me sleep easier at night.

I think the word "allegedly" is missing from your post philip in almost every sentence.

M' learned friends might well be take an interest in what you've written.

I'm with Jim on this, a slight rewrite would make me sleep easier at night.

No need guys, there is nothing wrong with Phil's post.

Libel (or 'Slander' in the case on Internet message boards) don't hold up when nicknames or initials are given, by using the term "Mr A" he does not invoke a name with accusation he then goes on to make.

For example, if I said Barry White is a dodgy con man with a poor dress sense who none of us should trust, none of our current owners could sue me for slander (although the family of a late Blues singer might be able to).

Of course we had the series of marquee non-signings which Anderson was or was not involved in but none of them came off.

Covers all basis so has to be a true statement.

As for real permanent signings, it is March tomorrow and we have seen neither of them in anger whilst the January loanees have yet to distinguish themselves. Ripping Formica off the Monaco table top was a coup but then why was he getting affixed there if not because of the weird episode of the Red Star loan deal which smelt worse than a bad market day at Fleetwood used to.

Truth followed by a question.

Our esteemed owners have called Mr Anderson "family" and there is no shortage of quotations and anecdotes pointing to Mr Anderson being the first person they talk to about all things Rovers. After all, marquee-seaker Balaji apart, the Rao family admit they know nothing about football so all these wonderful decisions and indecisions they are making have to be coming from somewhere.

Can all be backed up by media reports.

Perhaps in the ultimate irony now that John Williams out of the way, Mrs D will insist Mr A use his base at Brockhall to fire or demote Messrs Kean and Jensen who in fact employ Mr A to represent their employment interests. She probably has to if she is to protect the family's £54m interest in the Rovers.

Clever use of 'perhaps' makes this a hypothetical suggestion rather than an accusation. Again using "Mr A" makes it even safer...

So here's to you Mr Anderson for messing up our club.

The first and only potentially slanderous statement unless Phil makes it clearer that it is his opinion but then he could have just been talking about the character from the Matrix.

People are far too scared of defamation law on this board despite the almost zero cases of message boards being taken to court. Unless you specifically name someone without ambiguity and them explicitly make a false claim about them, which in turn has a real effect on their life then you haven't committed slander and can' be done for it.

The shame is sometimes just the threat of someone with a legal team can be enough to make people think twice about what they say.

I'm with Kelbo here.

I think that this is a 'calculated' post with Philip first having ensured that his backside is covered.

I would expect more soon!

Unless of course Philip doesn't mind having his PM inbox blocked up with applications for further info.

True Blue & White, the thread being named 'Jerome Anderson = FAIL' count for nothing then?

No, because the word fail isn't attached an specific activity as well as it being an emotive/debatable term. Even if Phil said Jerome Andersson has been failure at Ewood Park it isn't slanderous as there is no clear yard stick to what success or failure is, it is only his opinion and opinion is clearly distinct from slander.

Libel (or 'Slander' in the case on Internet message boards) don't hold up when nicknames or initials are given, by using the term "Mr A" he does not invoke a name with accusation he then goes on to make.

Are you sure this is correct ?

I understood slander is the spoken word, libel the written word.

Are you sure this is correct ?

I understood slander is the spoken word, libel the written word.

It usually is but there has been a precedent on this already where message boards claims were judged as slander

Ruling: http://www.simkins.co.uk/ebulletins/lerSlandernotLibel.aspx

Telegraph Blog: http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/technology/shanerichmond/5144547/Online_comments_are_more_like_slander_than_libel_says_judge/

The best thing about that is that Slander is harder to prove and unlike libel it is for the claimant to prove the defendant's committed slander, whereas libel cases usually require the defendant to prove he didn't commit libel. You also have to prove that the accusation has directly negatively affected you unlike libel, so I'd like to see Mr A go to court and and try an convince a judge Phillip has ruined his reputation.

Trust me, it would hard for someone to mistakenly commit slander here, and nigh on impossible for anyone to sue BRFCS or any posters in question. But as I said before, it still doesn't stop richer people with lawyers from threatening anyway.

I'm with Kelbo here.

I think that this is a 'calculated' post with Philip first having ensured that his backside is covered.

I would expect more soon!

I have a feeling that the namesake of this thread will be a name seldom heard in the future...

Archived