BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jerome Anderson = FAIL

philipl

There are so many people on this board that owe PhilipL an apology.

An individual with a great love of the club was shot to pieces over using his ability and inside knowledge to formulate a theory that the club were heading in a worrying direction.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<br />There are so many people on this board that owe PhilipL an apology.

An individual with a great love of the club was shot to pieces over using his ability and inside knowledge to formulate a theory that the club were heading in a worrying direction./>

I wouldn't hold your breath, many of his detractors have been back tracking faster than Philip is accused of doing.

Just goes to prove ££££££ don't equate to good news.

Mercerman thanks for recalling my estimate. I think the 2010/11 operating loss may well prove to be nearer £30m.

BPF. Didn't Philip also use his 'ability and inside knowledge' to massively back Syed??

He can't have it both ways you know.

I have been critical of Philip in all of this, I'll hold my hands up to that. I'm pretty sure that nobody on here was ecstatic about Andersons involvment.

I have been critical of Philip in all of this, I'll hold my hands up to that. I'm pretty sure that nobody on here was ecstatic about Andersons involvment.

Oh I don't know about that Ricky. There were plenty, who although might not have been ecstatic, saw no problem at all with someone who was "just kinda helping out with recruiting the odd player". Some even refused to accept he had any influence within the club at all.

I think they were probably the same people who wanted to see the back of Allardyce, no matter who was his replacement and the same people who decried anyone who dare suggest that there were problems between John Williams and the new owners.

An individual with a great love of the club was shot to pieces over using his ability and inside knowledge to formulate a theory that the club were heading in a worrying direction.

I'll second that!

I appreciate the sentiments but I will say again, I would far far rather have been 100% wrong than see the club in the mess it is today.

One upside if JA has indeed gone (and a lot of evidence including an unused office at Brockhall these last ten days suggest he is somewhat absent) is that his departure should lift the threat of Premier League action against the Rovers.

We were at times on the knife edge of the Compliance Unit turning their monitoring of Rovers into a full blown investigation with likely charges for compromising rules on agent involvement in management and other conflict of interest issues. Ironically the threat was receding as the PL saw us heading for relegation and thereby becoming the Football League's problem.

That alone should tell us what the rest of football thinks of our current survival prospects and concentrate some minds at Rovers.

Without taking this too far off track, I don't think that many of us do owe PhilipL an apology. My criticism of PhilipL and others is that posting a 'The club is in crisis' message with nothing, literally nothing, with it to say what the crisis is, what it's about or any sort of qualification is like someone saying 'You should be scared.'. When asked why, said person says 'Can't tell you but you should be'. It ends up being dismissed when there might well be something behind it. The other criticism is when someone says something like 'I know something, I can't say what it is but I know it.' then coming back a couple of months later when some news has come out and saying 'That's what I knew.' It would be better to not say anything until you actually can and can qualify what you were told. Also, a lot of his predictions have ended up not happening. It doesn't do anything for your confidence in their inside knowledge when that happens on a fairly regular basis. You have to understand that I want to hear things that are going on in my club, vague and completely unqualified statements don't do anything for anybody.

As for Jerome Anderson, what comes out in the wash will properly form my view of him. He's not someone I particularly wanted around the club but I don't know what he actually did or maybe is doing to form a proper opinion. He's a football agent though so he's already off to a terrible start

On a completely different tangent, did anybody see the episode of Hustle with the football agent? The opening speech was EXACTLY how I feel about the game and football agents.

Oh I don't know about that Ricky. There were plenty, who although might not have been ecstatic, saw no problem at all with someone who was "just kinda helping out with recruiting the odd player". Some even refused to accept he had any influence within the club at all.

Still no proof especially in the public domain on what his role is and his influence when it comes to decision making. Common sense would be to keep an open mind until evidence comes to light so you can then form an opinion.

I think they were probably the same people who wanted to see the back of Allardyce, no matter who was his replacement and the same people who decried anyone who dare suggest that there were problems between John Williams and the new owners.

Again nothing concrete on the reasoning behind JW's departure, only speculation.

I wouldn't hold your breath, many of his detractors have been back tracking faster than Philip is accused of doing.

Just goes to prove ££££££ don't equate to good news.

Mercerman thanks for recalling my estimate. I think the 2010/11 operating loss may well prove to be nearer £30m.

If we take JAs compensation (I hear he is due a bit), JWs compensation, SAs compensation, the backroom/coaching staff compensation plus the transfer loan fees and wages plus the newly renegotiated contracts plus agents fees - non of which add anything to the balance sheet - boy have Venkys spent a ton of money, and bought what exactly. At this rate they'll be bust by next season.

If our premiership Sky money disappears next year Lord knows what we will do.

Some on here could see this all unfolding hence the anger as events unfolded (mostly behind the scenes) and then we had to cope with all the Venky/Kentaro/Anderson apologists who just threw petrol on our flames.

If there hadn't been so much "it's their club to do with as they wish - show us the facts" and showed a bit more unanimity we could at least have had a chance of mounting a fans rear guard action to slow things down. I got screamed down last time I said this but I'm past caring, scream away. We are where we are - up a creek without a paddle. Like the rest of you I love my club and this has been like watching the proverbial slow motion car crash.

We simply have to get three points tomorrow and against Blackpool then all this can be put behind us and we can move on. If we survive though it will be by good luck and not good management but I'll take what's on offer, I don't care how we do it or who gets the credit, we just have to start wining. For what it's worth I think we will win tomorrow and against Blackpool, I'll be shouting the lads on until I'm hoarse.

On the Syed front it was acknowledged that he had the money, trouble was no-one could find out where it had come from - that's a tough situation to get past the FA committee - so which bidder do you choose? There's nothing fundamentally wrong with the Venkys IMO, I believe as I have stated before that they are decent honorable well meaning people, they've just been led up the garden path by someone. Hopefully they have benefitted from a fast painful learning curve.

If there hadn't been so much "it's their club to do with as they wish - show us the facts" and showed a bit more unanimity we could at least have had a chance of mounting a fans rear guard action to slow things down. I got screamed down last time I said this but I'm past caring, scream away. We are where we are - up a creek without a paddle. Like the rest of you I love my club and this has been like watching the proverbial slow motion car crash.

Frankly, how the hell can we do that when we haven't got the foggiest what you're talking about? And what rear guard action could we possibly mount?

Ivan i'll get the placards ready and you can drum up the support ready for a march on Ewood.

509036090_9a5f7bcc57.jpg

Well I would never have seen that post coming, you're normally such a sensible contributor. Perhaps you and CrazyIvan can play a nice tune on the fiddle for us as Rome burns.

Well I would never have seen that post coming, you're normally such a sensible contributor. Perhaps you and CrazyIvan can play a nice tune on the fiddle for us as Rome burns.

Well thanks for that. So what are we supposed to do? Take every little hint of the club is falling apart and run around like our hair is on fire? Come on, be sensible for once. What are we supposed to do? Some clear information, which HAS been shown to be possible to deliver by none other than PhilipL (and I think he did a pretty good job with it), would have been nice.

Oh, and nothing is so clear cut that those that were criticising people for posting what amounted to inflamatory nothings are not pro-Kean or pro-Kentaro or even pro-Venkys. I'm pro giving people something they can understand, listen to and make a judgement on.

Some on here could see this all unfolding hence the anger as events unfolded (mostly behind the scenes) and then we had to cope with all the Venky/Kentaro/Anderson apologists who just threw petrol on our flames.

We simply have to get three points tomorrow and against Blackpool then all this can be put behind us and we can move on. If we survive though it will be by good luck and not good management but I'll take what's on offer, I don't care how we do it or who gets the credit, we just have to start wining. For what it's worth I think we will win tomorrow and against Blackpool, I'll be shouting the lads on until I'm hoarse.

On the Syed front it was acknowledged that he had the money, trouble was no-one could find out where it had come from - that's a tough situation to get past the FA committee - so which bidder do you choose? There's nothing fundamentally wrong with the Venkys IMO, I believe as I have stated before that they are decent honorable well meaning people, they've just been led up the garden path by someone. Hopefully they have benefitted from a fast painful learning curve.

I don't remember anyone screaming you down last time but i do remember a lot of anger from people who you accused of fiddling while Ewood burned. At that time I asked you to put up or shut up and tell us this info you had. I actually got a PM off someone i trust and consider very reliable who basically vouched for you as someone on the level and also suggested things were happening in the background but had to be kept low key.

Fair enough i thought benefit of the doubt given i'm sure you and others know what you are doing. Some time down the line however little or nothing has change off the field at least. We still have no real idea of any negative plans from Venkys, we certainly have no ideas of any protest we can latch onto and support, despite the fact that with on field events taking a downturn there certainly would seem to be a good number of people ready to support anything, if given the facts to base them on.

Instead once again you are simply slating fans for doing nothing when i would state it is in fact you and others who have knowledge of things and either are not able or willing to disclose. Surely when you see people who you state are sensible posters like RVR, you must see that whatever message you think is being said loud and clear is simply not doing. I've spoken to lots and lots of people off this board at games and not one has a clue about all this stuff you say is there if people look hard enough.

So either we're all daft, or you are simply not getting the point across well enough. I'll say it again in the hope it gets in this time. If you want to encourage fans to join in a protest, insulting them and telling them they've done naff all while the club goes down the pan isn't going to do any favours.

Couldn't agree more, for as long as I have been a member on BRFCS PhilipL has been one of the more informed posters and his explanations on financial matters in particular have been much appreciated. The abuse that he got whilst offering his insight into how he could see things panning out was uncalled for and cringe worthy on many an occasion.

So hope there is time to repair the damage, I dread to think what will happen if we cannot arrest the downwards spiral we are on.

I remember saying to my husband, the day we married, that I was not a mind-reader and if he had any issues I needed to be told rather than him going off in a sulk about something I had no idea I had done wrong/ or a problem he had not disclosed.

I am still not a mind-reader, never have been and I suspect I am not alone ...

Archived