BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Available saviours

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's my opinions on those men. I'd really love to have a Klinsmann/Jow partnership, but that will never happen. Now here is an idea, perhaps Hope Powell could be part of any new coaching team. She has a pro license and managerial experience.

I'd take any of them right now. Why? Because they're all actual real proper managers!

Sorry pal but i think you're talking out of your bum hole with that one. Did you ever go to a game when big sam was in charge? Tony Parkes...are you for ###### real??!! It's the kind rubbish talking idiots like yourself that create a bad atmosphere on this board. The owners look like they put the wrong man in charge. I'm sure they'll sort it out if we lose another couple. I'm also sure that their are good enough managers out there who want to play attacking football,and will want to come to rovers.

Posts like this make you despair about the future of the human race.

Although Kean should be sacked - and should never have been appointed in the first place - it's possible that the owners will stand by him as the good ship Rovers sinks beneath the Premier League waves. The question is who will replace him next season when the best players have left because of the club's dire finances and Rovers slump towards the bottom of the Championship.

Don't ask Nicko he's busy with Chelsea, good to see he's still around. :rolleyes:

My link

I doubt we'll see him on here very often as long as his protege Steve Kean continues to give the impression of being as much use as a chocolate fireguard.

Need someone with experience and proven managerial talent. Ideally someone with PL experience. Narrows it down quite a lot but personally I like Jol, Ranieri and O'Neill, even though the latter I just hate on a personal level due to his badger-like movements on the touchline. Plus he isnt all that good with money. Bilic would be a gamble and I doubt we'd go for someone who is attached right now.

I'd go for Ranieri. I'll never forget the mess Jol left Spurs in so he'd be a gamble. O'Neil underachieved at Villa with stacks of dosh.

Ranieri is vastly experienced, can organise a team and is a thoroughly decent man. Whether he or anyone else has time to find his best 11 or not I don't know. The sad thing is that there is no-one to ask! Parkes maybe?

Now the story has broken and the chances of a Kean reprieve have diminished, Mrs D has apparently been in London since early Friday as was the reason for getting SK down there early on Friday.

It looks very probable that SK will leave the club. The whole of football believes he was party to Sam's dismissal and whether he was or was not, perceptions are reality and no Manager is going to have someone about whom they have a lingering suspicion will be on the phone direct to the owners in position as chief coach.

John Jensen's appearance coincided with diamonds and dismal defeats so I doubt he will be around for long.

So we are looking for a Manager and a ready made complete back room team.

It all depends how Mrs D sees the situation.

If she wants 100% certainty of PL football next season and sees retention of league status and her £54m as of utmost importance, there is only one person to consider- Sam Allardyce.

If she feels things are not so perilous (they are but she might not see it that way) giving JW a call would be very sensible to get his expertise involved again in one way or another.

Any other course of action involves a greater or lesser degree of risk that it won't work out, not least because she is inexperienced in the realm of club ownership and she will have to learn what to do were she to appoint the sort of high profile manager her brothers are probably dreaming of.

And whoever she appoints will be negotiating a huge staying up bonus payable in May.

Spot on.

I dont want to even look 3 months ahead because the amount of money we have wasted this season has been shocking. Add to it another compensation package and potential survival bonus to the new coaching team, and you have a nightmare. Needless to say it will be a coma if we dont stay up. We can deal with the clean up come May.

I cant see her going back to Sam, and I dont think she will discuss anything with JW either.

Now the story has broken and the chances of a Kean reprieve have diminished, Mrs D has apparently been in London since early Friday as was the reason for getting SK down there early on Friday.

It looks very probable that SK will leave the club. The whole of football believes he was party to Sam's dismissal and whether he was or was not, perceptions are reality and no Manager is going to have someone about whom they have a lingering suspicion will be on the phone direct to the owners in position as chief coach.

John Jensen's appearance coincided with diamonds and dismal defeats so I doubt he will be around for long.

So we are looking for a Manager and a ready made complete back room team.

It all depends how Mrs D sees the situation.

If she wants 100% certainty of PL football next season and sees retention of league status and her £54m as of utmost importance, there is only one person to consider- Sam Allardyce.

If she feels things are not so perilous (they are but she might not see it that way) giving JW a call would be very sensible to get his expertise involved again in one way or another.

Any other course of action involves a greater or lesser degree of risk that it won't work out, not least because she is inexperienced in the realm of club ownership and she will have to learn what to do were she to appoint the sort of high profile manager her brothers are probably dreaming of.

And whoever she appoints will be negotiating a huge staying up bonus payable in May.

At the moment is it not still speculation that he is either gone or is going? Heard there were meetings last night, but we have not heard any definite outcome. We have yet to hear steve kean has been sacked or has resigned - officially.

CryerRovers Andrew Cryer

I heard on Friday Mrs Desai was heading over but I am not going to speculate until we get it confirmed

Re SK dismissal.

Pafell, the story that SK is to be fired has broken on the NoTW. Whether the NoTW is to be believed is another matter but the story has broken.

CryerRovers Andrew Cryer

I heard on Friday Mrs Desai was heading over but I am not going to speculate until we get it confirmed

Re SK dismissal.

Pafell, the story that SK is to be fired has broken on the NoTW. Whether the NoTW is to be believed is another matter but the story has broken.

Yes I saw that last night on here, when somebody copied the article rom the notw. But really only says clinging on to his job, not that he has lost it. Of course I am hoping he has already gone.

If I had any dignity and I was SK (bite my tongue), then I would walk, and save the club compensation money, and hold my head in shame and turn to a career giving pressers.

I would love to know the details of his contract. Not having properly managed, I hope that he only received a contract based on his inexperience. Do well this season and we will change it for the better next season. Sadly I very much doubt it.

It would be strange if Rovers gave Sam back his job (won't happen though) who has just been compensated for his sacking. Bet we cannot get some of the compensation back if he was reinstated.

I would love to know the details of his contract. Not having properly managed, I hope that he only received a contract based on his inexperience. Do well this season and we will change it for the better next season. Sadly I very much doubt it.

It would be strange if Rovers gave Sam back his job (won't happen though) who has just been compensated for his sacking. Bet we cannot get some of the compensation back if he was reinstated.

Do you think so when Jerome Anderson and/or SEM were arguably negotiating his contract with Rovers? :rover:

Do you think so when Jerome Anderson and/or SEM were arguably negotiating his contract with Rovers? :rover:

Nope of course not. What also annoys me is that people like jerome anderson are allowed to operate in the way they do and nothing is done about it by any governing body. It is little wonder football clubs throughout the world are in debt. But Fifa, Uefa etc do nothing at all about it.

I think Martin O'Neill would be a great shout. Great man-motivator and would make good use of our pacey wingers. Unfortunately, there's not a hope in hell of that happening.

MoN would be a great choice and he would bring his back room team with him. But since he left Villa as they were not willing to bolster the squad I am not sure he would come.

Are you guys serious?

What are the chicken stuffers going to tell the waiter in the interview?....oh by the way youve no control over nothing at ewood...and the added bonus is ....youll have strings attached to your 20 stone carcass.....

Are you guys serious?

What are the chicken stuffers going to tell the waiter in the interview?....oh by the way youve no control over nothing at ewood...and the added bonus is ....youll have strings attached to your 20 stone carcass.....

Seems to be the norm in Spain and Italy where the Chairperson gets the players the manager, manages the first team.

Archived